Boots?

It seems that the boots most ladies have are no longer being made. Would these be a OK base to start out with and then add the strip of leather.

Womens-Casual-Slip-On-Platforms-Military-Booties-Chunky-Heels-Ankle-Martin-Boots

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I would agree the tread does look very tall in comparison but have you thought of trimming some off? Would be a bit of work but could be an option

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would agree the tread does look very tall in comparison but have you thought of trimming some off? Would be a bit of work but could be an option

I might be able to have a cobbler shave them down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The boots have a rugged tread white sole with a tall thick heel."

Not sure what the GML is asking for on this one. The photo is not the originally approved heel, it was a Gio design.

Here's the original "Newlook" and "Steve Madden" white chunky chelsea that was approved after adding a vinyl strip to the front:

hpvUKXy.jpg

rUr0070.jpg

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on these 2 options:

-------------

------------

Of course, both would need the strip added to the top. And the tread depth looks similar to the Steve Madden boot pictured above.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, kathgruben said:

-------------

------------

Of course, both would need the strip added to the top. And the tread depth looks similar to the Steve Madden boot pictured above.

Are the boots listed above approved for theTK anh hero build, and trooping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, kathgruben said:

-------------

------------

Right now I'm not seeing either of them passing.  The first one (Chelsea Gothic) has a zipper on the inside that is visible.  Only the TFA TK boots are allowed a visible zipper in the CRL.  They are also missing the front panel.

The second one has the extra seam line on the outside and also would need a front flap.

As-is right now, neither are approvable per the CRL I'm afraid.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, Daetrin said:

Right now I'm not seeing either of them passing.  The first one (Chelsea Gothic) has a zipper on the inside that is visible.  Only the TFA TK boots are allowed a visible zipper in the CRL.  They are also missing the front panel.

The second one has the extra seam line on the outside and also would need a front flap.

As-is right now, neither are approvable per the CRL I'm afraid.

Thanks for taking a look @Daetrin :duim:

So the ones in the second link could pass if they have the front flap/strip added?  And the sole is okay?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a hell of a time looking for CRL approvable boots as well... So, you're suggesting these: -------with the added leather strip? I am already almost 5'10'', how much can I take off the heel to still be approved? 

I am still trying to find the second option... These would be better for my height or I am going to turn into an Amazonian TK!image.png.bb64580e04c725c9552b3a107af890ec.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:37 PM, Eiyame said:

My GML is saying that the tread is to tall :|

well, every GML is different.  I would approve them if they had a strap in front, personally.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:30 AM, Deatherage said:

I am having a hell of a time looking for CRL approvable boots as well... So, you're suggesting these: ----------- with the added leather strip? I am already almost 5'10'', how much can I take off the heel to still be approved? 

I am still trying to find the second option... These would be better for my height or I am going to turn into an Amazonian TK!image.png.bb64580e04c725c9552b3a107af890ec.png

5'10" isn't that bad IMHO. The only real issue with the ebay link you have is the front flap, but to be honest if the shin covers up most of the boot, I bet it will look right and no one could really tell.  You could just cut off the rugged tread I supposed.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, kathgruben said:

Thanks for taking a look @Daetrin :duim:

So the ones in the second link could pass if they have the front flap/strip added?  And the sole is okay?

Sorry for the delay.  I guess for me as a GML when there are very hard to find items like this, I take the approach of if it looks right, flies right.  There is a bit of a front flap detail and if you have the lower leg armor over it, it may end up looking the same.  Some GMLs may be very hard line about this, so it will depend on your local GML.

• Like 1

Hi, we have been in touch with Bobby (tk31100) about making new boots for the femtrooper detachment. These new boots will be available for pre-order in March on our website. We do not know if the current design will still be acceptable as we do not interfere with the writting of the CRL, however we know that the new design will be significantly different. You probably should contact Bobby directly for further check.

Thank you

IB

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

femtrooper detachment?  Sorry, I'm just out on touch on that one.

Paul, can we chat regarding Vincent's design? To keep costs down and remove some of the issues with the flap, I asked Vincent to produce a prototype with stitching that would emulate that look but not have the issues associated with the flap (the adhesive comes off, color differences, fraying and damage from the shin).  These are based off the original boots that were approved as the original CRL (before Gio's photos were added to the CRL).

Here are photos of the prototype:

OUAFSwl.jpg

r6PNKYI.jpg

Would really like to have a reliable vendor like Vincent on this project... hoping this can help our new members and the ladies that have worn-out originals!

Edited by bzb
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 2:30 AM, Deatherage said:

I am having a hell of a time looking for CRL approvable boots as well... So, you're suggesting these:  ----------- with the added leather strip? I am already almost 5'10'', how much can I take off the heel to still be approved? 

Unfortunately, the Comic Style boot is really only available from Gio. I don't know if it's based off any sort of shoe style out there, but I've never been able to find an existing shoe that looks like it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, bzb said:

Paul, can we chat regarding Vincent's design? To keep costs down and remove some of the issues with the flap, I asked Vincent to produce a prototype with stitching that would emulate that look but not have the issues associated with the flap (the adhesive comes off, color differences, fraying and damage from the shin).  These are based off the original boots that were approved as the original CRL (before Gio's photos were added to the CRL).

Here are photos of the prototype:

OUAFSwl.jpg

r6PNKYI.jpg

Would really like to have a reliable vendor like Vincent on this project... hoping this can help our new members and the ladies that have worn-out originals!

Really REALLY like the look of these, very much like the GG statue, and liking that there isn't a flap but sewn-in detail. Would love to hear your thoughts @Daetrin , or we may need to wait for Legion elections to be over later this month.

As a GML, I'd let these pass in my garrison.  As DL, I would recommend a GML let them pass.  Ultimately it's up to your local GML.

• Like 1