Sergeant Kreel

The recent issue of the comic book Star Wars produced by Marvel, shows in detail and more "realistic" the armor of Sergeant Kreel. Wearing of course your light saber, jetpack, SE-14R Blaster, right arm accessory, pauldron and other accessories.

In my opinion, I see all the same elements of a Stormtrooper stunt armor. Except the chest , abdomen and  pair of parallel lines as detail on the left shoulder. Adding also the accessories mentioned above and that can be seen in the images. And even more pictures inside the comic.

I think there is enough reference to start a  built of this character and and why not, a possible new CRL, what do you think?

KSoT64m.jpg

MvLAqgf.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_37

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kreel

• Like 2

I say go for it. Someone has to be the first, and we've certainly seen stormtrooper costumes based on comic book characters - the Legacy stormtrooper comes to mind.

• Like 2

Agreed you have to start somewhere, I was only just looking at these images the other day thinking how long before we see our first approved. Good luck, looking forward to seeing a build thread soon.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Was just reading this issue and came looking for a thread like this!

I think that the hand plates may actually be kind of cross between ANH and ESB styles. Shape of ANH but lines of ESB clamshell. The shoulders actually look like a different shape depending on the references, and beyond the two small details, it looks like the ridge is absent and there are different line details. Lastly, I noticed that the ear details are Hero-style. Only two screws and three bumps. Hope that helps! I was sort of thinking of maybe seeing if this would be possible too.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, seangray89 said:

YES! I'm so happy I found this thread. Any luck with the build? I want to do a Kreel build myself. Any one think WTF will take this on as a side project?

Kreel is so underrated as a character. Id love to see his own comic book series.

Hi Sean and welcome to the forum, I can't say I have seen any Kreel builds as yet, there would be some work to be done to the base armor as some pieces appear to be different to a standard stormtrooper.

Here is some information about creating new costume CRL's (costume reference library)

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

• 5 weeks later...