KellwolfB6's FOTK Build - KB Props

KellwolfB6

Well, I've been sitting on this kit pretty much since KB started making them. Like January of 2016. Life happens, and now I think I'm FINALLY going to give it a real go. I'm on vacation, I've got no place to go, so let's do this thing. I'm sitting on the old version of the thighs and the chest, so once KB gets his white ABS supply issues sorted, I plan on getting the upgraded chest and thighs. Chest just makes it easier, and the thighs make it approvable. The old thighs are pretty short on me. I've got almost all the pieces I need. Just need to actually DO it. So, here's what I've got:

Armor: KB Props

Helmet: KB Props and Greg Mitchell (I like Greg's better because it's a little bit bigger, and my noggin fits in it better)

Metal holster from R2Dan

Gloves: Imperial Boots

Boots: Imperial Boots

Neck Seal: Christy Giles (She did my FO TIE one as well)

Gaskets: Imperial Gaskets (cloth, because Florida)

Pouches: I got them from someone on here....sorry, don't remember who

Blaster: Anovos F-11D (supposed to be shipping Winter 2017, I'm not planning on seeing it until Episode X)

I've already built a KB Props FO TIE, so the forearms, yoke, back, chest and shoulders are pretty much the same. Also, looking at the CRL, looks like it's not all seamless anymore. Yay. Less to Bondo. 

Eventually, I'll get a TLJ bucket (I like the new teeth), maybe two and paint one Executioner style. KB has an "Executioner upgrade kit," and since I'm a competitionist, I'll probably get that, too. Other than that, I also need to get another SE-44C (mine is painted TIE style), and I'll likely get a pauldron and the vest for Heavy Weapons. Might as well get the shield and riot baton along with the heavy weapons blaster, too. Did I mention I was a completionist? 

Anyway, I've already got the KB helmet painted, but it's more or less my kid's helmet for now. Too small for me. I've got the yoke and back put together, but I'm going to wait on the new chest. The shoulder bells are done, but I haven't done the straps yet. I did ukswrath's shoulder reinforcement on my FO TIE, but it's kind of overkill. I've got the metal plates already cut and shaped, so I might as well on this one, too. And I've got the forearms put together. I was kind of doing this along with the TIE. Figured since they were the same, I might as well. 

Plan on mostly following Tony's thread here, but there are a lot of differences between the Anovos and the KB kits, so it gets a little different. Lots of guys in my local squad have built KB kits, though, so I've got some good resources there WHEN I run into a brick wall. Like the thermal detonator (shudder). 

Not sure if I'm going to cut things out and back it with black gaffer tape (I did on the TIE, not that you can really tell) or use stickers. I know TrooperBay has a sticker set for the Jimmi kit, but I don't know if those will work for the KB kit or not.

Just trying to wrap my head around things before I dive in and cut (literally) too deep.

Edited by KellwolfB6

Okay. Here's a little bit of what I have so far. 

Boots (Imperial Boots)

CeE9jEX.jpg

Neck seal

zUxgpox.jpg

Pouches

LkVa4nc.jpg

Yoke

lsB0Ypg.jpg

YW4wNSU.jpg

Forearms (left) and gloves (Imperial Boots)

dkvbOui.jpg

KmFnC4S.jpg

I've he the right forearm put together, but the inner box popped off. Or maybe this is the right one. Couldn't remember which side the black box goes on because it's late.....

Test fit the ab section, and thanks to the weight loss I don't have to shim it anymore. Shouldn't have to shim the yoke/chest either. I had to on my FO TIE, but I wound up cutting the shims off in April because it was waaaay too big. 

Shoulder bells are also done. Just didn't get a picture yet. 

Anyone know if the Jimmi or Anovos decal sheets on Trooperbay will work with her KB armor?

Edited by KellwolfB6
  • Like 1

The CommsPad has the small black square at the bottom rather than the top.

Not sure about the TB decal sheet being good for all. I’ve always thought the KB chest pill holes looked smaller than other kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

Not sure about the TB decal sheet being good for all. I’ve always thought the KB chest pill holes looked smaller than other kits.

Yeah same here. I'd recommend you go get a sheet of matte black vinyl wrap for cars or similar and cut out your own. And get more than you think you'll need :D 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JAFO said:

The CommsPad has the small black square at the bottom rather than the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That sounds like a plan. And as soon as I looked at that picture, I thought to myself "Wait. That's the wrong arm." Lol.

• 2 months later...
On 09/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, KellwolfB6 said:

Yoke

lsB0Ypg.jpg

YW4wNSU.jpg

Forearms (left) and gloves (Imperial Boots)

Could you show how you joined the yoke with the back piece? I'm forseeing strength problems with mine at this area. It seems like you have a 3rd piece that joins the 2 together? Where is that from?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...