TLJ F-11D photos

Looks like they added a D ring to the left side below the barrel, and added a flashlight to barrel the magwell side. I'm guessing it's to keep the weapon holster-able despite not having the holster screws attached?

The flashlight doesn't seem too bulky, but I feel that it takes away from the clean, streamlined nature of the First Order design theme.

There is also a D-ring and mount attached to the rear stock. Looks like a slung F-11D rifle is now going to be an option. Even with holster screws, I can't see how you would holster a rifle.

I agree with the extra flashlight - it just doesn't seem to gel with the clean lines of the F-11D and with First Order weaponry in general. With the tactical flashlight still being there, its also completely unnecessary.

Prop maker at LFL must have shares in a torch company, seems everything gets a torch these days :laugh1:

Most important thing I notice is that this blaster was cast from a mold and not 3D printed like all the TFA blasters. This probably explains the reason of that extra flashlight by the way. They had to add it because they were probably unable to make the former system work with casting. 

The handle is also looking different. Much slimier, with a weird cut-out to the back. 

Overall, this blaster is probably better suited for screen-use, but doesn't look as clean and sharp as the ones from TFA. I like the sling mounts though.

One really funny thing is that the white cap on the magazine is glued on backwards! Haha, I wonder if all the blasters in the film will have that same issue.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro this post.
Newly cleared Snowie here and TLJ TK in production.

Did we get any clearer shots of the F11s from TLJ?

The scene where Finn and Rose are about to be executed has a standard size F11 with the rail on the barrel (no flashlight) and the Snowies all carry the larger rifle with the flashlight

1 hour ago, funkster said:

Sorry to necro this post.
Newly cleared Snowie here and TLJ TK in production.

Did we get any clearer shots of the F11s from TLJ?

The scene where Finn and Rose are about to be executed has a standard size F11 with the rail on the barrel (no flashlight) and the Snowies all carry the larger rifle with the flashlight

There's also two visible vent holes in the barrel at each end of the top t-track. However, the heavy F-11D linked in the first post of this thread doesn't have them, so it might just be an error from the propmakers specific to this blaster.

vlcsna25.jpg

Here’s another perspective. Still no grip though.

875faa2c6cdd2d9a892799f4ec1ac1e8.png

(Personal Collection. Screen Grab. TLJ Behind the Scenes)

Funny how they reference them as E11 Blasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ooh, the cocking channel has been swaped from the left/hand side of the blaster to the right/hand side. That's kind of an important design modification actually.

It seems inconclusive based on different reference. Here’s a whole bunch more for reference.

30a235189880e3612b1554a404ff9825.png

12f1200d6a4e2452b887b957e0904f01.jpg

952d1f65b3cec9c8f332abe4948dae25.png

3d9a523668d3c1fc6205fa5ce6266efc.jpg

844fac0d5af505fda04a3b454962a3fc.png

4c956a69dd63d4d54ce5ff36585ab622.png

94f15e31ec473d21bd238606fcf078b2.png

12 hours ago, JAFO said:

It seems inconclusive based on different reference. Here’s a whole bunch more for reference.

imagep13.jpg

(Mind the End Caps while at it.)

imagep12.jpg

(Mind the End Cap Latch, while at it).

imagep16.jpg

imagep11.png

imagep14.jpg

And whilst blurry you can see a mix of TFA and TLJ blasters.

90681ea0a503d8b641b92f617fae3f98.jpg

In one quick frame from the documentary you also see the flash of the cocking leaver.

89f63419cab14e82dd1256494c223cf2.jpg