TK72313 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) [765]

Personal Information

Name: Gary Cardenas

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 178 lbs.

FISD Name: FencingCorvetteTrooper

Legion ID#: 72313

Profile Page: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=25957

Garrison: Florida Garrison / Everglades Squad

Build Information

Armor Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Helmet Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Blaster Type: E-11 QuestDesignCanada

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: AP

Hand Plates: AP

Electronics: Aker 50W Amp, TrooperTalk

Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Holster: AP

Thank you for your time, consideration and feedback!!

Submission Photos

LrLO1Zp.jpg

QdtCZPk.jpg

WT5oiih.jpg

uiFeQkR.jpg

HzNmjO9.jpg

0llFuxN.jpg

nt9xsiT.jpgfwGRWOG.jpg

y1rUAA1.jpg

SjozFWS.jpg

FA4k84I.jpg

Afdqpds.jpg

7n4AQZ1.jpg

zXBA58s.jpg

5NkPpVi.jpg

TLQxHXt.jpg

INlqjKE.jpg

ei8HDGs.jpg

iCD92rP.jpg

VdzmxHC.jpg

f8QdNRD.jpg

QKJm9JF.jpg

l9ZU1yj.jpg

KOSql2H.jpg

X6VAi3S.jpg?1

dQRX2lL.jpg

CjHJpcm.jpg

JoErq0S.jpg

F20L6mH.jpg

FN4lIys.jpg

rA5PM1d.jpg

I0jIvCO.jpg

fr4VlO1.jpg

mHaSxLA.jpg

e7vJutX.jpg

LWv9BYq.jpg

B63T2ta.jpg

P9GD73T.jpg

Qhd3o22.jpg

HX4DKOh.jpg

a4EPUAl.jpg

gPNhFhH.jpg

YjXfpts.jpg

SUPER nice job on that armor, Gary, and a nice, clean build!  Looks as if it should be an easy pass for EI.  Hopefully you will be aiming for Centurion right after, in which case I would recommend a few items..

1.  Remove the last bit of return edge from the "bump" at the wrist opening (see first photo for example).

2.  Raise the belt up a bit to where the top ABS part overlaps the bottom part of the ab-button panel, (see screen capture in 2nd photo).

You obviously put a lot of pride into that build, and it shows.  That could very well be one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen here.  See you at EI soon!

p32DRDc.jpg?1       iWnuJrW.jpg?3

Thanks Joseph! Although I would be wrong to not mention that with the exception of the ears, teeth and voice decoder, the rest of the helmet is finished with decals!  The ab buttons are decals as well.  Would I need to replace that with hand painting for Centurion?

Definitely appreciate the feedback and yes, would like to aim for Centurion shortly after.  I wasn't sure if I had removed enough of that forearm edge, so will definitely do that.  As for the belt, I thought I was OK where I had placed it as I went off of Tony's threads (of course I could have misinterpreted the measurement).  Recommendation for fixing that without having to punch new snap holes in the abdomen?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I wish i had more criticism to say, but you did a great job with your build.

Joseph addressed the small issues for Centurion standards, but i think you should be all set for Expert Infantry.

Since i know you want it to be as close to screen accurate as possible, i just have 2 notes that you may (or may not) want to touch up.

1. The tip of the mics should be white (see pic)

3025_1.jpg.118da69a8a061a85467b7d16b4d30f57.jpg

2. The strap on the holster was tan in ANH (black in Empire)

But you should be great to Go for Expert! Should be an easy approval! Good luck bud...

6 hours ago, illusionz_09 said:

Honestly I wish i had more criticism to say, but you did a great job with your build.

Joseph addressed the small issues for Centurion standards, but i think you should be all set for Expert Infantry.

Since i know you want it to be as close to screen accurate as possible, i just have 2 notes that you may (or may not) want to touch up.

1. The tip of the mics should be white (see pic)

3025_1.jpg.118da69a8a061a85467b7d16b4d30f57.jpg

2. The strap on the holster was tan in ANH (black in Empire)

But you should be great to Go for Expert! Should be an easy approval! Good luck bud...

Thanks David!  I wasn't sure about those holster straps as I could swear I've seen both tan and black being used.  But that's an easy enough fix.  As for the mic tips, I actually had that on a to do list early on in the build and that got completely missed in all the build activity.  Again, an easy fix.  Now just patiently waiting for that "welcome to EIB post"....

Personalty I have no issue with the colour of the leather straps. Its not specific in the CRL so you have nothing to worry about there.

Thanks for your patience Gary, I am working on your application now and will be with you as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Personalty I have no issue with the colour of the leather straps. Its not specific in the CRL so you have nothing to worry about there.

Thanks for your patience Gary, I am working on your application now and will be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks so much Andrew!  Looking forward to the feedback.

Hey Gary thank you for your patience and EIB application. Lets get stuck in.
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. As your fellow troopers have mentioned, what a great job on your armor build. :duim:. Tony and myself would like to  both congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry Rank.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. We have just a few small items to cover.

Two items are in this image, so lets look at the Shin closure cover strips first as I have highlighted those.

The cover strips should actually stop right at the base of the top ridges and not go over and onto then.

The second item is the Butt plate and how it looks like the butt strap is not connected causing it to not curve under quite as much as it should.

qQwwfs7.jpg

Screen used item reference image

gallery_12157_59_18998.jpg

The only other item for consideration is the height of your belt. If you can bring it up a little to cover the bottom of the main Ab button plate it will be spot on.

GqbT66Y.jpg

Sceen shot

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there are any areas of concern this is where we  discuss them.

Firstly, thanks for the extra images, they do make this part of the review that much easier.

Only two items to report that require attention to meet the Level 3 CRL

Please also make sure you provide an image of both your forearms side by side showing the wrist opening for a future Centurion application.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

yZqfvBK.jpg

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

Last item on the short list is the Drop Boxes. This is nothing a dab of glue or a piece of adhesive Velcro wont fix and stop them from sliding along the canvas part of the belt.

As per the CRL

CRL: *For level three certification (if applicable): Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap. 

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

Yz5CyQe.jpg

Well here we are at the end of your review Gay, nice work and well done.

Smash these little corrections and we shall see you in Centurion review soon. :jc_doublethumbup:

What a great way to start the week!!  Thanks guys, I appreciate it!  Will definitely look to make those minor adjustments and see you at Centurion soon!  For now, time to enjoy EIB and get my patches ;)