Rebels TK Build

ramey

I have quite a bit of work done on mine already. Just now getting around to posting up some pictures. Waiting for a new set of longer shins that Walt sent out and I should hopefully be able to wrap this one up soon. Been following some of the other threads here closely so thanks everyone for the tips! Looking forward to when we can have the CRL established so we can get these approved. 

Hello I couldn't access your photo, you need to use the direct image tag from imgur in your posts.

Looking forward to seeing the progress good lcuk

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello I couldn't access your photo, you need to use the direct image tag from imgur in your posts.

Looking forward to seeing the progress good lcuk

Are they working now? I had a brief glitch that I *think* I fixed. 

31 minutes ago, eqdizzle said:

Nicely done, brother!

You doing the pencil in the indents?

Yes sir I am! I did it on the shoulders and hand plates so far but haven't taken photos yet. Although I like the look that the grey weathering has inside the grooves a lot. I was contemplating masking off the grooves and applying a heavier mist into just the grooves instead of continuing with the pencil. it would still be a speckled mist in there instead of a solid line. What do you think? 

5 hours ago, ramey said:

Yes sir I am! I did it on the shoulders and hand plates so far but haven't taken photos yet. Although I like the look that the grey weathering has inside the grooves a lot. I was contemplating masking off the grooves and applying a heavier mist into just the grooves instead of continuing with the pencil. it would still be a speckled mist in there instead of a solid line. What do you think? 

You could really do either.  I felt the grooves would be harder to get the paint to land right than the flat surface, so I didn't attempt it.  Plus the pencil is so darn easy and looks right...!

My strapping setup needs some work but now that I've tried everything on again I know exactly what I need. I need to put together the TD for the back of the belt. If everyone here thinks the weathering and pencil look about right I'll spray the gloss coat on and lock it all in. But after that I think I might be done?!?  @eqdizzle what do you think about the lines and weathering? Look good? How's yours coming along? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI you can cut down the top of the kidney as it's OK to have a gap. I'd also put a little padding under the shoulder bells so they stick out a bit, and cut down the bottom of the chest to show more ab plate.

Your forearms look wider than your biceps/shoulders, so try to make them look equally the same size vs. making the biceps as small as you can (I used to have to put padding in my biceps from time to time).

Weathering is good.   I think everyone is speaking to Walt about making a larger helmet, and there are some other small adjustments to his molds, but these are not your issue. :)