ukswrath

Also, I am anxious to see the home release, because I think that the gaskets may not be made of rubber in TLJ...  They may actually be cloth - just another observation that I wanted to share before I forget it.

We shall see later though.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Dark CMF said:

Also, I am anxious to see the home release, because I think that the gaskets may not be made of rubber in TLJ...  They may actually be cloth - just another observation that I wanted to share before I forget it.

We shall see later though.  ;)

Wish I had more of those special photos ;) that would answer that question :laugh1:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

The good news is TLJ will be available in 4K, lots of hi-res screengrab goodness.

Hopefully there's are close enough shots to tell if there's been a change. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Will an Anovos TFA kit with the thermal detonator painted in the TLJ scheme pass basic approval - or will the TLJ-shaped cod also be required? I'm trying to figure out which way I wanna go while I'm still waiting on the Anovos TFA kit, TFA helmet and TLJ helmet. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, ultravtec757 said:

Will an Anovos TFA kit with the thermal detonator painted in the TLJ scheme pass basic approval - or will the TLJ-shaped cod also be required? I'm trying to figure out which way I wanna go while I'm still waiting on the Anovos TFA kit, TFA helmet and TLJ helmet. Thanks.

The TFA and TLJ TDs have different color schemes. The CRL (which most GMLs go by) illustrates the correct TD version so it would be safe to say no you can't use the TFA color scheme for TFA basic. That said, I've seen a few troopers take a black cap and cover the left side TFA TD, essentially making the TD look accurate. At basic I'm sure it would fly however, at the higher levels I would expect it to be done correctly.

For basic the TLJ cod can be the TFA version however, the requirement changes at L2

CRL - http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TLJ

Hope this helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

The TFA and TLJ TDs have different color schemes. The CRL (which most GMLs go by) illustrates the correct TD version so it would be safe to say no you can't use the TFA color scheme for TFA basic. That said, I've seen a few troopers take a black cap and cover the left side TFA TD, essentially making the TD look accurate. At basic I'm sure it would fly however, at the higher levels I would expect it to be done correctly.

For basic the TLJ cod can be the TFA version however, the requirement changes at L2

Hope this helps

I didn’t realize the TD was shaped differently from TFA to TLJ. Is the TD in the pic at the top of the CRL a TFA? That might be be where my confusion started. Where could I buy just the TLJ TD and cod seperately so that I could essentially be able to suit up as either TFA or TLJ? Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Hope this helps

Wasn't there talk of maybe moving the cod to L3 since you'd have to fabricate it yourself at this point in time? Or are there vendors making TLJ cods now?

1 hour ago, ultravtec757 said:

I didn’t realize the TD was shaped differently from TFA to TLJ. Is the TD in the pic at the top of the CRL a TFA? That might be be where my confusion started. Where could I buy just the TLJ TD and cod seperately so that I could essentially be able to suit up as either TFA or TLJ? Thanks for your help!

There's some difference in the shape but mainly the color scheme that differentiates the two. The TD illustrated on the complete armor photos is incorrect, the TD by itself is correct.

Jim in the Philippines - jimmiroquai@yahoo.com

TD%20left%202.jpg

46 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Wasn't there talk of maybe moving the cod to L3 since you'd have to fabricate it yourself at this point in time? Or are there vendors making TLJ cods now?

Yes, but at this point it will remain at L2