ukswrath

2 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Is it just me, or did they do an overlap on those legs?  They look very different from the seamless on TFA.

Seamless on the TFA? You're not referring to the inner seams are you? Every limb is overlap on the TFA, except for the forearm.

bicep.JPG

Sorry, I should be more clear.  There is a seam and the CRL says there should be a seam.  But for that picture it looked more like an overlap.  Maybe just a shadow? 

2 minutes ago, Ensi said:

The third dot on the picatinny rail on the forearms on both the executioner and the TLJ TK seems to be black:

4fstoap.png

Could even be a screw or something similarly detailed? 

FYI, *do* keep the comments coming.  I know it may seem disappointing that all my not make it in to v1 of the CRL, but at some point they all will be.  Remember, the Legion used to allow out of the box FX at one point too, and sandtroopers with ANH TK drop boxes, sniper plates, and ab plates.

• Like 2

FYI, *do* keep the comments coming.  I know it may seem disappointing that all my not make it in to v1 of the CRL, but at some point they all will be.  Remember, the Legion used to allow out of the box FX at one point too, and sandtroopers with ANH TK drop boxes, sniper plates, and ab plates.

What a great team effort. Just as it should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAFO said:

What a great team effort. Just as it should be!

This is why I want to join the FISD. You all are such an amazing and uplifting community.

Not going to lie I started getting scared seeing all the differences popping up. But I think with my experience with fiberglass and Jims armor in hand I should be able to get all these changes incorporated.

You all are inspirations!

• Like 2

TD on the Executioner as well as the full black end cap has a small area of black on the side

hTL7erA.jpg

In an epic - for the 501st - display of restraint and discipline, we are in the takeoff sequence however there are other aircraft ahead of us.  I really have to commend the LMO office for keeping things moving in on orderly manner.  Even though *the* LMO is a former FISD DL, he's not abusing his office to fast-track us.

So, it will happen when it happens - likely before the end of month.  However, I much prefer this type of fairness to how things are being run these days to "heroic efforts" or "special favors". :salute:

• Like 1

On 24/09/2017 at 1:28 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

TD on the Executioner as well as the full black end cap has a small area of black on the side

hTL7erA.jpg

I've always thought it looks like the end cap fits in to a small recess. Could explain the black surround, as if the inner rim of the recess is painted black.

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

In an epic - for the 501st - display of restraint and discipline, we are in the takeoff sequence however there are other aircraft ahead of us.  I really have to commend the LMO office for keeping things moving in on orderly manner.  Even though *the* LMO is a former FISD DL, he's not abusing his office to fast-track us.

So, it will happen when it happens - likely before the end of month.  However, I much prefer this type of fairness to how things are being run these days to "heroic efforts" or "special favors". :salute:

Heh good to hear that things are in motion. I don't doubt these things take time! I'm also sure there is plenty of hurdles ahead. Thank you for the update! And I agree completely. 

Good to see this moving, looks like I'll have to build for TFA and update TLJ later. Learned Mimic is throwing in a TLJ bucket and offering updated parts once we figure out for sure what needs to be updated.

I'm still stuck that the overlaps are for stunt troopers like in OT TKs. I can't see myself putting together my kit that way on purpose, espically if both ways can be seen.

On the spats I wish we had a left foot to compare with a left foot. The picture a few posts up certainly looks different but it's clearly the left vs right side, which may be throwing off things a bit. I need to do some more digging on ref pics, hopefully trailer coming out soon will give us even more.

On the spats I wish we had a left foot to compare with a left foot. The picture a few posts up certainly looks different but it's clearly the left vs right side, which may be throwing off things a bit. I need to do some more digging on ref pics, hopefully trailer coming out soon will give us even more.

No worries.!I’ll get you a left foot comparison.

New trailer in two weeks but who knows what we’ll see!

Here’s a left spat comparison. Still far from conclusive but TLJ still looks slightly wider.

Worth noting these images are all taken from licensed promo images for comparison.
4b1d1b13362091e49c70c9c68bab9584.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok looks like whoever is in the LFL prop department must have a share in a torch company, everything is getting one these days ;)

stormtrooper-blaster-last-jedi-nycc-2017-1024x768.thumb.jpg.456ceba553dc90b0156b96bac5000c8c.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 6:45 AM, gmrhodes13 said:
Ok looks like whoever is in the LFL prop department must have a share in a torch company, everything is getting one these days

And new strap swivels too

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021