ukswrath

You could also adjust the wording to the thighs as the biceps as in the new TLJ images you can see overlaps

Thighs

For 501st approval:
- There is a seam on the outside of the thighs

- There is a seam or an overlap on the inside of the thighs
- A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each thigh.
- The right outside thigh (to the wearer) includes a base for a holster.

zGOGv4i.jpg

You could also adjust the wording to the thighs as the biceps as in the new TLJ images you can see overlaps
Thighs
For 501st approval:
- There is a seam on the outside of the thighs
- There is a seam or an overlap on the inside of the thighs
- A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each thigh.
- The right outside thigh (to the wearer) includes a base for a holster.

zGOGv4i.jpg

Sorry to mention again but I had a same concern for the biceps.

Is this inward seam really something that should be present for a lvl one build? We know it is the same way on the TFA Trooper yet it has not been required.

I think such a detail could be better suited as a lvl 2 or 3 thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I also submitted mine for approval ;)

k8kNWkR.jpg

In the LMO forum by your GML?  May have missed that, I'll check tonight.

2 hours ago, Daetrin said:

In the LMO forum by your GML?  May have missed that, I'll check tonight.

In the LMO forum by me as I'm the GML, as per link I already sent in PM to you https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95427&start=60

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

The inner overlapping seams shouldn't be until L2 or 3 IMHO also.

So really the bicep shouldn't either

2 hours ago, deadvision said:

Sorry to mention again but I had a same concern for the biceps.

Is this inward seam really something that should be present for a lvl one build? We know it is the same way on the TFA Trooper yet it has not been required.

I think such a detail could be better suited as a lvl 2 or 3 thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The inward seam should be as it is clearly there but not the overlap, that would be for L2 L3 in my opinion

17 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

We don't have L2/L3 yet on the main TFA, so perhaps we can simply say "shall" for the overlap for now?

I wouldn't even say shall. I'd leave it as "There's a seam on the inside and out"

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I wouldn't even say shall. I'd leave it as "There's a seam on the inside and out"

This makes most sense. With the TFA kits we all know that depending on the image viewed and how well the kit fit the wearer, the inside seam either overlapped horribly or lined-up nicely - with or without gaffer tape to assist ;)

Also, with our Judicial friend it could be possible it's a stunt kit that has been modified for movement in the same way that FN-2199 has no CommPad on his wrists so we could wield the baton.

Just now, careems23b said:

Will the Anovos executioner stormtrooper helmet be 501st approved???

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The Anovos TFA bucket was approvable 'out of the box' so one assumes this will be the same when released.

Probably approvable "out-of-the-box", but it's worth pointing that the ANOVOS guys have been really lazy and greedy for the TLJ helmet. To save on cost instead of making a whole new helmet, they only changed the black inlay to add the teeth, and the nose plate. But as a result, their frown is not perfectly accurate to the screen-used helmets because it is not pointy enough.

anovos13.jpg

anovos10.jpg

anovos11.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The5thHorseman said:

Probably approvable "out-of-the-box", but it's worth pointing that the ANOVOS guys have been really lazy and greedy for the TLJ helmet. To save on cost instead of making a whole new helmet, they only changed the black inlay to add the teeth, and the nose plate. But as a result, their frown is not perfectly accurate to the screen-used helmets because it is not pointy enough.

anovos13.jpg

anovos10.jpg

anovos11.jpg

I thought this looked funky! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was kinda waiting till some more builders got their eyes on it. Was hoping SGB would tackle this but I haven't seen a TK specifically from him.

On the whole overlap discussion, I certainly see it in the pictures, but my gut tells me it was stunt guys/gals. There is a picture posted a few clicks up of them just standing near phasma and one by hux that it looks seamless like on the TFA troopers. But even my eyes are playing tricks on me because I swear I saw some funky biceps in TFA watching the other day. Should have screenshooted.

anovos13.jpg
anovos10.jpg
anovos11.jpg

Lazy indeed. Nowhere near as accurate as the TDK Props bucket. IMHO the best looking out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The codpiece is different too, if you compare to the width on the belt you will notice it is a lot narrower, also it is angled outwards from the cup.

XCvs6Xa.jpg

HJzASl7l.png  vv6vob5.jpg 

Disregard previous codpiece comparison as it won't be a L1 requirement.

Move along.