eBay armor selling second hand

CleenFeet

Hi. New to the community. I wanted to make my first build but I'm budget limited. Also it would be nice not to have to wait months. I came upon this listing. The seller claims that this is made by MTK. Can anyone confirm? Also, what's a reasonable price for this kit without helmet? Lastly, it looks like it's been trimmed but not sanded. Some joints have been glued without strips? Should I run the other way? Did they mess up the kit? Thanks in advance!

https://www.ebay.com/i/132266419292 

Can't seem to open the page. We do advise not to purchase from eBay, that's not to say that the armor is not correct but generally most will try to sell armor on the forums if they know it is good quality.

Have a read through the getting started section, lots of helpful info there for the first time purchaser.

That looks like MTK armor to me. I'm pretty sure that is right on par with his regular prices. Since everything is already cut, you have no way of knowing if it'll fit you right because they cut it to fit them, so that's definitely something to consider. And the shin is likely glued together with a strip on the inside, that's why there is no cover strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes people put a strip on the inside as well as the outside just for extra support. And as for sizing, not everyone's body is the same. For example those biceps have already been trimmed but say you have bigger arms and go to assemble them, they don't fit because there isn't enough plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CleenFeet said:

Thanks for your expertise. This is useful. Is it normal to glue the strip on the inside? I've never seen that before. 

Excuse my ignorance, but how is this cut to size?

Gluing cover strips to the inside increases the strength of the seam.  This is especially important in areas like the calf, which get opened and closed a lot while putting the armor on.

When assembling a set of armor, you cut down the pieces to fit your particular frame/build.  Many of the build threads available here show this being done.  Here is a link to Tony's (ukswrath) Anovos build which may help explain a bit more.  (It is lengthy, so have patience).  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

This link may come in helpful when you do order your kit:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

• 2 weeks later...

Albert, while your here, find out what Garrison is close to you. Talk with them, get advice. Often armor will be sold to Garrison members that might be affordable. Many Garrisons have armor building parties. Even if your without armor, attend these as you can help while you learn. This will also benefit you later when you submit your own armor for approval