TLJ Exectuioner / Judical CRL Images

gmrhodes13

Daetrin EDIT:

The CRL discussion for this costume is here: 

The CRL on wiki is here: https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/TK_TLJ_Executioner

This full list of photos we need are:

1. Model

2. Helmet

3. Yoke

4. Shoulder Bells

5. Biceps

6. Thermal Detonator

7. Ax

8. Codpiece

Everything else is common to the FOTK.

----

TK85421 Pictures by Liz Shord

AcFkZso.png

3yv5vYs.png

16PcYF8.png

eSFQQf5.png

EJOaPYE.png

H4Z4UCJ.png

Codpiece

https://i.imgur.com/5cbbgRc.png

In case larger images are needed:

Front / Back https://i.imgur.com/4XPldvi.png

Helmet https://i.imgur.com/5f6Rb4a.png

Back / Yoke https://i.imgur.com/quuypJD.png

Shoulder Bells https://i.imgur.com/sk7D3F7.png

Shoulder Gaskets https://i.imgur.com/wbhjjrp.png

Codpiece https://i.imgur.com/8kln0wg.png

Thermal Detonator https://i.imgur.com/TX7o2lP.png

Laser Ax https://i.imgur.com/ZPM4yYV.png

EDITED: Better image of the cod added

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Sweet! Q also submitted the following CRL text that I'm looking at.  CRL link is here:

Helmet
For 501st approval:
- Lenses are smoky brown or gray in color. They may be bubble in shape or flat and must be sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.
- A single silver aerator/mic tip cylinder is on lower left side of the wearer's chin.
- The frown is solid black and covered in black hexagonal mesh that extends to the tears
- Each tear (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) is solid black
- Seven cut out tube stripe slots are on each side of the helmet
- Two clip greeblies are present over the traps on the side
- Two clip greebles are present on the top of the helmet, parallel to the trap greeblies
- Along the base of the helmet a black stripe runs from the side of the helmet and across the back to the other side.
- There is a slight groove that circumvents the helmet above the brow
- There is a slight grove that circumvents the helmet along the bottom and over the chin
- A brow of solid black material spans from the traps over the lenses
- Directly below the traps toward the base of the helmet is a small trapezoidal stripe.
- Mouth area is angled and has 7 teeth with mesh/grill behind.
- There is a matt black stripe on the wearers right side of the helmet, which excludes the trapezoid area.

Neckseal
For 501st approval:
- Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck. No hair or skin should be visible around the neck area.

Chest Plate
For 501st approval:
- The chest plate overlaps the abdominal plate
- The center-top of the chest plate is recessed and black on the side and upward facing edges.
- A smaller clasp greeblie shall be present on each side of the chest, just inside a small indented area the size of the greeblie.
- There is a slight groove running vertical on each lateral side of the chest that angles toward the center
- Six recessed black ovals are on the wearer's right side, left of the greeblie.

Back/Yoke
For 501st approval:
- The back plate contains a "O II" design where the O is black
- The back/yoke is one seamless piece
- The yoke portion extends over the wearer's shoulders and curves under the armpits
- The yoke is painted matt black.

Thermal Detonator
For 501st approval:
- The thermal detonator mounting plate sits under the back plate and rests above the belt.
- The control panel is black.
- The righthand recessed end cape is black.
- The lefthand end cap extends from the detonator assembly and is all black.
- There should be no visible seams.

Shoulder Gaskets
For 501st approval:
- Gaskets shall be rubber or a shiny black material with ridges
- The shoulder gaskets must cover all exposed areas under the shoulder bell, between the bicep and chest, and between bicep and back.

Shoulder Bells
For 501st approval:
- One on each shoulder.
- The shoulders are considered effectively symmetrical. They may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders.
- Shoulders have small round extension at the top under the bell itself that butts up against the yoke.
- Shoulders are matt black.
- There is a 2.5 - 2.75 inch wide, silver painted or decal First Order Cog present on each shoulder bell.

Biceps
For 501st approval:
- Biceps have a seam that faces forward, also a seam on the inside of the arm. The rest of the bicep must be seamless.
- A clip greeblie is present low and across the seam
- Two black ovals are present on the outside facing side of the bicep

Elbow Gaskets
For 501st approval:
- The elbow gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the bicep and forearm

Forearms
For 501st approval:
- Forearms shall have ridged rail, similar to a picatinny, embedded on the inside of the forearm, roughly covered 1/3rd by a box shape.
- Forearms shall have a box on the bottom the wrist end. Each box shall have a single black square in the lower inside corner.
- Each forearm shall have two 'clasp greeblies' on the outside facing surface, near the wrist.
- Detail box includes black rectangle on small edge perpendicular and closest to wrist.

Gloves/Handplates
For 501st approval:
- Are black with white palm, thumb and forefinger.
- Extend underneath the forearm.
- White area is made from leather or leather-like material.
- Handplates are rigid square boxes and the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove.
- The black oval detail is aligned with the index finger of each hand.

Abdomen Section
For 501st approval:
- The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.
- The abdomen has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown and sit flush against the armor.
- The large box has a small black recessed square to on the lower left to the wearer.
- The second box to the right of the wearer has a small black recessed rectangle near the top.

Codpiece
For 501st approval:
- The codpeice sits below the abdomen and under the belt.

Posterior armor
For 501st approval:
- The posterior armor sits below the abdomen and under the belt.
- The top portion of the part shown is hidden by the belt and used to connect the plate to the abdomen armor.

Belt
For 501st approval:
- The belt is ribbed and made from a rubber or a rubber like material.
- Five white rectangular boxes and one pouch sit on the belt.
- There are 2 horizontal boxes on the front, on each side of the center. They are painted white on the outside half and black on the inside half.
- There are 2 vertical boxes on the right of the wearer.
- There is a large vertical black pouch with a white cover behind the left side of the wearer.
- A small black cloth pouch is worn on the left side and hides the buckle or remaining belt material.

Undersuit
For 501st approval:
- An undergarment must be worn such that the space between the thighs and the belt shows a black material. The black material may be shiny or matte.
- The reference photo shows the type used on screen but is not required for basic approval.

Thighs
For 501st approval:
- There are seams on the inside and outside of the thighs.
- A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each thigh.
- The right outside thigh (to the wearer) includes a base for a holster.

Knee Gaskets
For 501st approval:
- The knee gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the thigh and shin

Knee Plates
For 501st approval:
- The knee plates mirror each other and are placed evenly between the thigh and the shin.
- Convex edge of knee plate faces upward.

Shins
For 501st approval:
- There are seams on the inside and outside of the shins, with the opening on the inside.
- A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each shin.
- The wearer's left outside shin includes two vertical thin boxes that are seamless.
- There is a small black recessed rectangle at the bottom outside front of the shins.

Spats
For 501st approval:
- The spats wrap around the lower ankle, just below the black ankle rectangles.
- The spats are enclosed on the outside of the ankle with a greeblie that overlaps the open side.
- There is a visible seam on the inside of the ankle.

Boots
For 501st approval:
- The boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
- There is a seam down both sides of the front that swoops out to the side of the foot.
- There is a vertical zipper on the inside that spans the height of the boot.
- There is a black flat sole with no heel.
- No buckles or laces.

Optional Accessories 

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below.

First Order Stormtrooper Laser Ax
For 501st approval:
- Scratch-built or a 3D printed laser ax.
- Details to be painted black, white and silver per reference photos.

First Order Stormtrooper Blaster
For 501st approval:
- Based on a replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

First Order Stormtrooper Blaster
For 501st approval:

- Based on a replica Glock 19 repeating pistol, scratch-built, or a modified commercial Stormtrooper toy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Or we can say approximately 2.5" and that would give some wriggle room?  

Sounds good, I only added 2.75" as it is in the FOTI CRL ;)

FYI I have moved this topic over to the TFA area as the PI garrison also has photos they took of parts, and offered to help photoshop.  The more hands the better.

NOTE: the punchlist of parts we need is on the first post, as is the CRL discussion thread.

As we have finished our build as early as 1 week before Force Friday, we have been included to this thread just now. Hence, we would like to express that we would be submitting all the needed photos too but hopefully you can give us time to photoshop the needed parts :) But here's our model photo front/back:

Model TK44840 (Christopher "Kit" Gutierrez), Photos by Kristina Gutierrez

NYyWt1rl.jpg

original size:

https://imgur.com/NYyWt1r

We'll be submitting the following photos asap:

-helmet

-back/yoke

-shoulder bells

-biceps

-thermal detonator

-laser ax

Thanks!

Hi! As mentioned, as we have finished our build as early as 1 week before Force Friday, and we have been included to this thread just yesterday, hence our submission of photoshopped individual parts just now:

Model TK44840 (Christopher "Kit" Gutierrez), Photos by Kristina Gutierrez:

NYyWt1r.jpg

Helmet (4 angles):

SVnqCLB.png

Back/Yoke:

uqW9tm0.png

Thermal Detonator:

j1nT4gl.png

Shoulder Gaskets:

brqKYPF.png

Shoulder Bells:

gu7wx1P.png

Biceps:

bmg5Vf9.png

Thanks! :) 

8. Codpiece

Thought I best point out the codpiece is different too, if you compare to the width on the belt you will notice it is a lot narrower, also it is angled outwards from the cup.

XCvs6Xa.jpg

HJzASl7l.png  vv6vob5.jpg 

Regarding the cod piece:

If you ask me, i dont think there’s a need to change the CRL entry or picture of the codpiece with this very slight change in detail..

1) the FOTK codpiece entry doesn’t specify specifics with regards to shape
“ Codpiece
For 501st approval:
The codpeice sits below the abdomen and under the belt. “

2) if we count slight changes in shape, how do we account for slight changes in shapes in all parts from one maker to another.. some makers would actually have parts that are curvier or straighter or shorter or longer than other makers

3) some toys (if not all) retained the cod piece shape, in my opinion, because Disney or Lucas didnt exactly specify that theres a change in cod piece shape for the this specific character/toy design

4) if you ask me, its a bit impractical for troopers to have an extra cod piece shipped with this very slight change

If there’s anything we need to push, i think its the seam/overlap in the biceps and thighs. But even that, in my opinion, could not be required for basic approval :)

Thanks! Goodmorning everyone from Manila :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The discussion of a difference in the cod has come up a few times on FISD, perhaps before you joined.

1) the FOTK codpiece entry doesn’t specify specifics with regards to shape
“ Codpiece
For 501st approval:
The codpeice sits below the abdomen and under the belt. “

Correct it doesn't mention specifics in regards to the shape a lot of CRL descriptions don't that's why they come with an image which clearly shows a different in design to the TLJ cod as I have provided. If CRL's contained all the info with every detail of a specified piece it would end up a novel.

2) if we count slight changes in shape, how do we account for slight changes in shapes in all parts from one maker to another.. some makers would actually have parts that are curvier or straighter or shorter or longer than other makers

Even the different makes of armor do look similar to what is seen on screen.

3) some toys (if not all) retained the cod piece shape, in my opinion, because Disney or Lucas didn't exactly specify that there's a change in cod piece shape for the this specific character/toy design

We are replicating a character from a movie, what happens with toy reproduction isn't necessarily 100% correct, as we have seen with many versions of the Executioner with incorrect paint details.

4) if you ask me, its a bit impractical for troopers to have an extra cod piece shipped with this very slight change

Why other pieces have been needed, ie the helmet as clearly that was different as is the codpiece.

Hi Glen!

Thanks for your input. I acknowledge that i might have missed some items before i joined as ive mentioned, im really new to the forums (and imgur.. haha)

But being added here, as the first to complete the armor and submit the CRL draft, trooped it several times already, checked by local officers, green lit by my armor maker, Jim.. makes me qualified to share my input too about this matter. And im still standing by my points :)

But of course everything’s still for finalizing hence this thread. Just shared my 2 cents which i think, are valid points :)

Thanks!

Sure Kit I'm not denying you have put your armor together and trooped first but we are discussing the changes for the CRL and what is different between the TFA and TLJ troopers, the cod is just one of those things which has obviously changed. 

Sure Kit I'm not denying you have put your armor together and trooped first but we are discussing the changes for the CRL and what is different between the TFA and TLJ troopers, the cod is just one of those things which has obviously changed. 

I know Glen and thats why im here, to openly discuss with everyone my take on the TFA & TLJ troopers.

“Obvious” is a relative term.

“Obvious” changes for me which need parts updating are:
-helmet
-back/yoke
-bells
-biceps
-TD

For me, with very slight changes, the cod piece is not part of the “obvious” changes :)

Kit a "slight change" is still a change, hence why I posted the comparison which I was asked to do by Paul our Detachment Leader.

Just to add, Anovos has differences with Jimmiroquai which has differences with other kits... but all are approvable. These slight changes arent called out anymore.. yet these different kits are all approvable & still considered screen accurate once approved :)

Kit a "slight change" is still a change, hence why I posted the comparison which I was asked to do by Paul our Detachment Leader.

Let me correct my term.. its a “slight difference” like all armors have slight differences... and if you ask me, it might not be an intended difference by disney/lucas

Anyway, i respect your stand glen as i have my stand too. All for discussion & approval & finalization. :)

I agree the new cod is noticeable with those attention detailed. But to the average person would very much look the same. Perhaps this is a lvl 2 thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I concur sir with this being a level 2 thing :)