Heartstopper FOTK Build (MIMIC Armor)

heartstopper85

Looks like this is gonna be on hold for awhile, haven't got anything shipped yet but looks closer. In the meantime I got my bucket and armor in for my First Order Tie Pilot. So getting some familiarity with the first order build, 100% different materials though. Already getting a headache from some of the parts and more than thankful mimics is coming together.

First order tie will be a nice 2nd costume to use for cons, and troops where I don't have a lot of help dressing. I wanted my shoretrooper because I thought I'd have more movement but the hip armor I have right now doesn't allow movement. I might sell that kit down the road, maybe 3 kits seems like a bit much right? (technically 4 with my fun green and gold TK) Gonna run out of places to store armor bins sooner or later.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like the prop maker MIMIC is a lying a-hole.

No armor, went to dispute my case on paypal and they closed it within a day. I doubt I'll get my money back and even worse I won't have armor.

I guess I need to start selling pieces, was hoping at the bare min I could get my money back and buy another kit from a trusted maker like Jim Tripon or KB Props etc

STAY AWAY FROM MIMIC He is a liar and thief!

3 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Looks like the prop maker MIMIC is a lying a-hole.

No armor, went to dispute my case on paypal and they closed it within a day. I doubt I'll get my money back and even worse I won't have armor.

I guess I need to start selling pieces, was hoping at the bare min I could get my money back and buy another kit from a trusted maker like Jim Tripon or KB Props etc

STAY AWAY FROM MIMIC He is a liar and thief!

Really sorry to hear this, another prop maker who promises the world but doesn't deliver.

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to get happier results. After having a meltdown and panic attack my armor is on the way soon. Should be shipping in next 3-4 days I'd estimate. Lots of members are getting parts in and we are starting to see amazing results. I suppose it was worth the wait I knew it was gonna be awhile but I suppose I was more hopeful of timelines, seems like the yoke, back and ab parts have been a big challenge to lay.

Hoping once these first halves (torso, chest, yoke, back, shoulders, butt, and cod) are shipped that rest should be smooth sailing. Still waiting on updates on the biceps, forearms, both legs all the way up (spats to the top)

From what I have seen everything is beautiful, amazing and accurate. I'm looking forward to starting my rigging soon and posting in here more often.

I'm also almost done with FO Tie Pilot so first order will be well represented from me.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Mimic is finishing the first half and shipping today (whatever that means across the pond) I got my message while I was asleep.

Still grinding away on my FO Pilot softgoods for that ship soon, just having some paint issues I think I'm gonna wait to paint till days that are 60 and above anytime I try to paint anywhere near 50 the paint makes a weird cracking thing

• Like 1

Ugh looks like after being boxed up and a tracking label printed, my box of armor has yet to leave MIMIC's shop yet. Got a message that he took some side work to help with material cost.

Honestly a bit annoyed, I understand why he took the work this project has put him in the hole and he is committed to finishing the run which I respect but seriously cant take 30 mins or so to drop off one 10 pound box? Been watching the tracking number all week with no updates until I asked this morning

Will be glad when everything is here and I don't have to deal with this guy anymore. Great product slow turnaround

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, ShadyP said:

I'm sorry to see that you're still getting a bit of the run around on this.  I look forward to seeing your photos once it arrives. 

Not really a run around I have a tracking number just hasn't sent it yet, annoying but has been in communication the whole way. Mimic took a side gig to work on some sets or something

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Not really a run around I have a tracking number just hasn't sent it yet, annoying but has been in communication the whole way. Mimic took a side gig to work on some sets or something

very nice to hear that Mimic is communicating regularly now.  I'll continue to look forward to your images. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well I went ahead and ordered a kit from Wayne (jim kit) got it done and approved. No idea if this MIMIC build will ever get done.

MIMIC just can't be counted on. I thought when I got armor in April I'd have the rest by the end of summer. Being told  by Christmas but who knows. Mimic is a garbage vendor and I would stay away at all costs

56 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Well I went ahead and ordered a kit from Wayne (jim kit) got it done and approved. No idea if this MIMIC build will ever get done.

MIMIC just can't be counted on. I thought when I got armor in April I'd have the rest by the end of summer. Being told  by Christmas but who knows. Mimic is a garbage vendor and I would stay away at all costs

Sad to hear :huh:

Really sad when prop makers don't deliver, but then again perhaps that's why he didn't post on FISD.

Glad to hear you are moving forward with another maker, god luck.

• 2 months later...

The horror continues; Mimic comes back from the dead posts some pics of the last parts and claims to be able to cast all parts in a day and ship by Christmas. Same song same dance.

I ask about timeline of kit and get told my refund should be here by end of month. So I guess if that happens gonna give up on a TFA build and wait for those new red troopers I keep hearing rumors about.

I do have a flametrooper to work on as well but no motivation to do that right now. I also have a Vonreg bucket no armorers yet but maybe KB. I'm really hoping KB keeps getting back on his feet. Not the best looking armor but it's good enough and at least he has been getting stuff out. Damn shame I actually do like how Mimic's kit looks and everytime I see a pic I'm impressed at the craftsmanship. Just not a great business person.

He is trying to get more people to jump on the run to fund refunds but I would say stay away until he ships a full kit out than make a judgement based on reviews of the product and make your own educated guess what might happen.

I did get half of my armor in and that half is pretty awesome, I might use it and my Jim TLJ parts to scrap together a TFA approval. Just need to adjust the TD and I have a new cod shoulder bells yoke and all that stuff that's different