Heartstopper FOTK Build (MIMIC Armor)

heartstopper85

Update: 10-26-17

I have one in my local garrision but wanted to jump on the main boards as well.

Right now I'm just getting pieces in slowly but surely.

Bucket: Anovos Standard- Will update to a TLJ in future once MIMIC ships

Bucket Mods: Just painted the inside black, not gonna do much to Anovos bucket

Armor: MIMIC- Status: Moulds done, waiting on casting and shipping. Est: End of September?- Update plans to ship upper body items (yoke chest bells etc soon, rest 2nd shipment)

Gloves: IB- received

Boots: IB- received

Gaskets: Geeky Pink- Received

Belt- Kit Ordered- Received! Thanks JAFO!

Soft pouches- Received- from Jim Lau

Blaster- Not ordered, may just Rubie it up or get a nerf one for fun (Not screen accurate but hard to justify money on blaster when I can't even troop with it)

Voice Box- Received- TRamp

Fans- Not ordered- May go with a supplier I used in past for Shore

Undersuit- Received- Went with same one everyone else seems to be using was fair deal once I started looking at underarmor. What I have now works for my shore but after looking at everything seemed best to get what works. Ordered XL after hearing they run small on most and to order a few sizes up.

Other: Ordered 1 inch clip in buckles and some strapping

Bunch of misc supplies: got buckles 1 in straps/ elastic etc

Bunch of magnets in, and after I just did a project I have a ton of scrap ABS that will help later

Probably not going heavy anymore, stick to the ole basic white.

Got a sewing machine in to make some straps and other random sewing on this kit

Starting to get a general idea of my rigging system, going to draw it up and try to post it for review

Wanted to get this up on here to not spam MIMIC's post over on RPF

You can find me on YouTube as well under Trooper 85751

Edited by heartstopper85
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ShadyP said:

Why can't you troop with a blaster in Colorado? 

Local rules as well as from LFL, may dictate the use or lack of use of a blaster at events.

Recently form LFL a request was put out not to use weapons at official events in these areas "We do find ourselves in an era, however, in which the appearance of realistic weapons in public is becoming more and more of an issue. Because of this, a general request is being made for all official appearances in the European, Middle Eastern, and African regions, that replica blasters (or anything resembling a real-life firearm) not be displayed in public. Please note that this is simply a stated preference, and one that only applies to cast and paid appearances and open invites initiated by Disney and/or Lucasfilm."

Local rules as well as from LFL, may dictate the use or lack of use of a blaster at events./quote]

Very much a case per case decision. I've completed three paid/cast events for LFL/Disney in the last month - two of which very public - and blasters were very much wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which type of geeky pinks gaskets did you get?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Everything harness elbow harness knee. They are cloth and I got the one with the shine
Forgot what her options are. Very easy to work with and they feel good so far

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why can't you troop with a blaster in Colorado? 

I'm on this armor run as well.  I'll have to get my own build thread up as the production dates get closer. 
Gonna keep my mouth shut. I have strong political comments that would only get this off topic

• Like 3

I'm aware of the Disney/LFL embargo on weapons at some events and in certain areas as well as specific countries not allowing prop guns of any kind at all.  I was just surprised that there was a restriction in Colorado.  Sorry to sidetrack this thread.  Lets get back to the important business of anxiously awaiting progress pics from Mimic!

• Like 1

Minor updates, ordered my soft pouches and my undersuit today. Had a few extra bucks in the budget to spend. Hopefully that will free money next month to invest in a sewing machine. Since I will need that for all the 1inch buckles and straps I'm planning on using.

Is anyone else familiar with Fiberglass kits and using a mix of Velcro and standard buckles without using snaps? I've seen it down locally but haven't looked at it in detail. Wasn't sure if there was a good visual guide on that. I'd assume it's pretty much like snapping together a shore with snaps but using buckles instead.

Would be magical if I could just hook myself all together. I hate asking for help to kit up other than to straighten everything out.

Need to start doing more yoga or something

34 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Minor updates, ordered my soft pouches and my undersuit today. Had a few extra bucks in the budget to spend. Hopefully that will free money next month to invest in a sewing machine. Since I will need that for all the 1inch buckles and straps I'm planning on using.

Is anyone else familiar with Fiberglass kits and using a mix of Velcro and standard buckles without using snaps? I've seen it down locally but haven't looked at it in detail. Wasn't sure if there was a good visual guide on that. I'd assume it's pretty much like snapping together a shore with snaps but using buckles instead.

Would be magical if I could just hook myself all together. I hate asking for help to kit up other than to straighten everything out.

Need to start doing more yoga or something

I have probably two pieces of Velcro on my whole fibreglass kit. Mostly magnets, snaps and buckles. We recently did a Phasma using Velcro and buckles. Seems to work ok. Let me know if you want any info :)

Got my belt kit in, haven't messed with it yet though. Gonna wait till I start getting rest of my parts together (soft pouches and hard armor). Read over instructions but going to have to dig a bit deeper to figure out spacing and how everything actually attaches

Just a matter of waiting for stuff to come in. I guess I could work on my bucket.

Question: What is the benefit of spraying painting the interior of the bucket black? Wasn't sure how much I was gonna mod my bucket because of possible upgrade to a TLJ bucket

I'm in the same position. Just waiting for everything to arrive at this point in time. Funny enough I'm in Colorado for work while all my stuff is heading home to Utah hah. Wouldn't hurt to do a little bit at a time ;) I'm working on my weapons till armor arrives. 

Black on the helmet helps with darkening the lenses. Makes it so your eyes won't show.  A light interior helmet has a higher tendency to reflect light and show your eyes. Plus it just makes the helmet look complete. Those are the two main reasons I know. 

Painting the interior black is a great mod on any bucket. It helps deaden the environment. It helps with reflection as mentioned. Having s darkened space also brings more focus to what you see through the lens. In addition, when combined with your neck seal and a balaclava it means little kids looking-up don’t just see a face in s bright white bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blackened the inside of my bucket.

Hopefully won't need this for very long. Mimic is being kind to throw in a tlj bucket for the early adopters as a thank you.

Great guy first pieces from what I heard will be shipping soon f3e83f3cc1aec5a84234077d1cff073f.jpgfd37220d305fda7afc894a56a3daa380.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like MIMIC ran into some issues with the shoulder bells and some personal issues that are taxing them. This is probably gonna be on hold for awhile. Price I pay for not wanting to paint and all that.

On another note follow me same screen name on Jolly Roger Squad. I just ordered a First Order Tie Pilot from KB and SGB. After I just got done saying how I don't want to paint.

That probably wont get done before the movie comes out either. A bit disappointed but thankfully I have costumes still so can troop at all the events leading up in my shoretrooper.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2017 at 7:31 AM, heartstopper85 said:

Looks like MIMIC ran into some issues with the shoulder bells and some personal issues that are taxing them. This is probably gonna be on hold for awhile. Price I pay for not wanting to paint and all that.

On another note follow me same screen name on Jolly Roger Squad. I just ordered a First Order Tie Pilot from KB and SGB. After I just got done saying how I don't want to paint.

That probably wont get done before the movie comes out either. A bit disappointed but thankfully I have costumes still so can troop at all the events leading up in my shoretrooper.

Sorry to be a noob, but who is MIMIC and how do I check out that armor? Is there a link? I'm looking to buy a set and this looks promising. Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, AikiBushi said:

Sorry to be a noob, but who is MIMIC and how do I check out that armor? Is there a link? I'm looking to buy a set and this looks promising. Thanks! 

You could try a search for MIMIC on the RPF (replica prop forum)