Olaf's ANH Stunt TK build (AM 2.0) - aiming for Centurion

Olaf

Yeah it looks fine Joe.  You will see that there are a bunch of pieces that just don't line up the way you would think they should.  Thats the beauty of stormtrooper armor.  It is far from perfect.  With that said, if you make some errors throughout the build you will find that almost all of them can be fixed in one way or another.

• Like 1

So back to work after New York Comic Con...

Starting to assemble the left forearm and I have a question. When I fit the pieces together in the way that make sense the cuff is not a straight edge, as you can see in the pic below. Am I fitting the together incorrectly? Do I fit them together so the cuff is straight? Do I fit them together the way that seems correct and sand the cuff straight?

Or is this just something that doesn't get worried too much about and I am being too much of a perfectionist? I don't want to screw it up ...caq1koO.jpg

Now imaging having OCD and building this thing lol. In the end I had to let go and understand that nothing was gonna match perfectly, be symmetric, or have straight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Albaz said:

Now imaging having OCD and building this thing lol. In the end I had to let go and understand that nothing was gonna match perfectly, be symmetric, or have straight lines. emoji6.png

And Joe let me tell ya.  It was a battle to get him to accept it! :laugh1:

• Like 1

So I have another question...

I asked this question in the TK Armor's Costuming Group on Facebook but I also want to ask here as this community will guide me towards what is acceptable for Centurion .
I am assembling my the helmet. I followed Eric Dyck's videos and am  almost done, as shown in previous posts/pics. I am at the point of applying the tube stripes when I noticed that my tubes are different lengths. I found that the problem is that I attached my faceplate slightly off center. It is not noticeable when you look at the helmet right now. However, once I put the tube stripes on it will be a bit more noticeable. If I put the same number of stripes on both sides the right cheek will have about a 3/8" gap between the stripes and the ear. The responses I got on FB (from AM & Eric among others) was to not worry too much about it, wonky is the way of the TK. I was told that it is not uncommon to have a different number of stripes on each side.

My question is this acceptable for Centurion level?

Should I take it apart and re-assemble? Or am I being too much of a perfectionist?

gaB9dXo.jpg

hPRhTYi.jpg

NPPXfIr.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah you are being too much of a perfectionist.  If you need to shave one hashmark off then it is no big deal.  It is common to see helmets with a different amount of tubestripes on each side.  Everything is looking good Joe!

• Like 3

Yeah you are being too much of a perfectionist.  If you need to shave one hashmark off then it is no big deal.  It is common to see helmets with a different amount of tubestripes on each side.  Everything is looking good Joe!

Agreed. I had the same with my lid and had to lose a stripe from one side. I asked the community and the advise was just as Steve said. No problem with uneven number of stripes on either side. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little while since I've updated on my progress. I've been busy in the real world (how rude of them!) so I haven't made a whole lot of progress but here are a few things:

Helmet's almost done, just need to get the white paint for the screws (and a few touch ups)

B8xDIm5.jpga7eayA5.jpg?1vciVmuH.jpg

The forearms are done and I am working on the biceps now

6K6QfT8.jpg

5ihVFTP.jpg

Edited by Olaf

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, Olaf said:

So I have another question...

I asked this question in the TK Armor's Costuming Group on Facebook but I also want to ask here as this community will guide me towards what is acceptable for Centurion .
I am assembling my the helmet. I followed Eric Dyck's videos and am  almost done, as shown in previous posts/pics. I am at the point of applying the tube stripes when I noticed that my tubes are different lengths. I found that the problem is that I attached my faceplate slightly off center. It is not noticeable when you look at the helmet right now. However, once I put the tube stripes on it will be a bit more noticeable. If I put the same number of stripes on both sides the right cheek will have about a 3/8" gap between the stripes and the ear. The responses I got on FB (from AM & Eric among others) was to not worry too much about it, wonky is the way of the TK. I was told that it is not uncommon to have a different number of stripes on each side.

My question is this acceptable for Centurion level?

Should I take it apart and re-assemble? Or am I being too much of a perfectionist?

gaB9dXo.jpg

hPRhTYi.jpg

NPPXfIr.jpg

Glad my videos helped

• 1 year later...

It's been far too long since I last updated here. Many things have happened but I guess that my big news is.....

I'm approved!!

Oh, and I have also moved to Hawaii from upstate NY.

Huge thank you goes to my friend Dave Conklin, I would still be trying if it were not for you!

What are my next steps here as to becoming a full member of the detachment and access to the forums? I also am looking to start the process of getting Expert Infantry and eventually Centurion status.

Thanks

e3eTb6I_r_c.jpg

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Hey Joe!  I hope ole beautiful Hawaii is treating you well.  After you get your detachment access I recommend that you study the level 2 CRL very carefully and analyze each piece.  If you have any questions about whether or not a piece fits then don't hesitate to ask.