TLJ Executioner / Judical Build

gmrhodes13

20 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

Ah! Congrats dude! This is amazing! Did they decide on using just TK still, or are they adding a TKE or TKJ? or something?

It's still a standard TK, just means I have 6 TK's now :laugh1:

1 hour ago, MStalkid said:

That's a handsome mug shot you got there!

On your black, did you seal it all with a gloss clear coat? Or how did you end up sealing the different finishes of paint?

Everything is first painted white, then clear coated, left for a few days to dry, then masked up, then 3 coats of matte paint applied and you are done.

I do use different paint to most others, I can't stand Rustoleum or Krylon so I use acrylic automotive paint, dries quicker, less orange peel and is tougher and can be buffed and polished.

The matte is going to be a pain, I noticed I have to wear soft cotton gloves while attaching pieces or you get left with greasy finger prints everywhere ;) 

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Everything is first painted white, then clear coated, left for a few days to dry, then masked up, then 3 coats of matt paint applied and you are done.

I do use different paint to most others, I can't stand Rustoleum or Krylon so I use acrylic automotive paint, dries quicker, less orange peel and is tougher and can be buffed and polished.

The matt is going to be a pain, I noticed I have to wear soft cotton gloves while attaching pieces or you get left with greasy finger prints everywhere ;) 

I've been thinking about getting my armor automotive painted, so I get where you are coming from.

So with the matte you just left it bare? No clear coating there? Would you consider applying a matte clear over it before you unmask it? Just thinking that lots of my friends and garrison members will be handling it :P so the sturdier the better haha

1 minute ago, MStalkid said:

I've been thinking about getting my armor automotive painted, so I get where you are coming from.

So with the matte you just left it bare? No clear coating there? Would you consider applying a matte clear over it before you unmask it? Just thinking that lots of my friends and garrison members will be handling it :P so the sturdier the better haha

You could use a matte clear, I didn't as I couldn't get any locally but I have some ordered and it's on the way, just means a re-mask but that won't take long, there's not that many pieces ;) .