TLJ Executioner / Judical Build

gmrhodes13

Laser Ax build thread

Thought it was time to post some pictures, as many will be doing I'm using my TFA armor and swapping out some pieces for the Executioner version.

Jumped in on a helmet from Jimmi, (but I also have some others on the way), I wasn't happy with a couple of areas so set about getting rid of some lumps and bumps, also adjusted some areas around the mouth/teeth and cheeks.

VYhVwIL.jpg

Started work on replacement back/yoke, shoulders and also the biceps as the closure appears more curved in references.

UpiUdJL.jpg

WNBsbLn.jpg

Finally a break in the weather, at the tail end of our winter and been cold and wet, was able to get some spray putty applied.

Glm446v.jpg

abEUOpH.jpg

Also applied a mist guide coat of black, helps when you wet sand to see any dips or pinholes

sEwGJ2m.jpg

Left the spray putty to dry for a few days then it was time to wet sand, then prime

PkMoqvg.jpg

Gave the shoulders a try with the matt black paint, not used it before so wasn't sure how thick or thin to apply, no issues worked out well

LP8m8jy.jpg

Also put together another TD, my Anovos kit TD has the extended cap so will use that one for the Executioner and needed a replacement for my standard TFA kit.

3x7MoHq.jpg

No major issues after wet sanding so on to some primer

eZMPfYY.jpg

I'm using automotive acrylic paint same as I did for the rest of my armor, matches well to the Anovos helmets, dries quickly, is able to be sanded and buffed  and doesn't have the same issues as Rustoleum and Krylon paints.

3 coats of white then 3 coats of clear.

urFuBLk.jpg

Time to start masking for more matt black.

64FNd4j.jpg

e73dUzy.jpg

More cold and wet days so decided to make some carry bags for the Laser Ax, made the bag for the head section rigid so it wouldn't get damaged in transport.

mw1vXoQ.jpg

Masking helmet for the satin black, that was fun, NOT.

fHD8G1W.jpg

nldHF7h.jpg

ySYhqIp.jpg

0fEIdDE.jpg

U0tQssZ.jpg

Let the helmet dry for a few days before masking for the matt black stripe.

SZzS76y.jpg

8HJxXxR.jpg

fCMyeIq.jpg

Applied decals to the standard TD and the shoulder cogs. I wasn't happy with the colour of the silver so decided to mix some black and silver to get a nice match to the screen seen shoulder cogs, then applied with an airbrush to some white cog decals I had, came out really well.

I also added some sticky back foam to some areas between the armor so it won't rub on the matt black paint.

Added the extra paint to the Executioner TD.

vuNmZXs.jpg

Painted the inside of the helmet, fitted the lenses, helmet fans and foam.

1Iry6Fr.jpg

CxK5grO.jpg

Next it will be kit up and get some photos taken, now where's my wrangler/photographer when I need her.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Wow, you work so fast and make it look so easy.  Do you ever sleep?  Great work :duim:

Thanks Paul, an excessive amount of pain related issues helps, or hinders, depends on how you like to look at things, what's sleep? ;) 

22 hours ago, tkrestonva said:

Inspirational job! Can't wait for my spare parts to arrive so that I can start my Executioner conversion. :D

Cheers Brian

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thank you Liz my wrangler slash photographer

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tkrestonva said:

Nicely done. Where did you get the spare parts - back/yoke, thermal detonator, and shoulders? Also, what size (diameter) are your shoulder cogs?

Parts are from another Anovos kit I bought that someone had over trimmed in places. Shoulder cogs are 2.5"

I heard KB is offering parts kits and pretty sure Jim is too.

• Like 1

CRL stub created.  I'll update it today based on gmrhodes13's excellent text he sent me.

https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/TK_TLJ_Executioner

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Awesome nice work Q

10 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

There is one thing for sure Q, you never disappoint... Awesome work as always my friend.

Thanks guys

9 minutes ago, magni said:

You sir are a master! And you're wanted back on set!:laugh1:

The whole set up came out awesome Glen. Wish I could see you in action! 

Many thanks Randy

3 hours ago, Haribon72 said:

You're always ahead of game!   AWESOME BUILD!!!

Many thanks Walter

• Like 1

Just an update with the build, I try to build as accuratly as I can, after noticing the differences in the codpiece between TFA and TLJ (Below) I decide to try to come up with something similar.

XCvs6Xa.jpg

Side by side

LdDllfT.png

I still wanted to tweak the cup section to get a flatter look but also keeping the curve so came up with version II

Side view

GIaMedu.png

And comparison with my TFA Anovos

tIoIXII.png

• 2 weeks later...

With thanks to the LMO, his team and our DL Paul the CRL is live and I am APPROVED dancing-trooper.gif

TLJE

rSRYvpP.png    vuhF2C6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Congrats!!  You are the first ever approved.  A rare distinction surely.

Many thanks once again Paul, thank you for all of your help getting this CRL squared away, one happy trooper

xTTVVsL.png

• Like 1