Decals for Jimmy TLJ FOtK bucket

AM-1124

I thought the same. I've been told the final product won't be like this but it still raises questions. I personally have no issues with anyone at TDK but again I'm a bit apprehensive. 
If you check their Facebook they post all their model. It was deliberately designed this way to be easier to paint.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi there.

I just wanted to jump-in and address some of the comments that have been posted regarding my FOTK Ep8 Helmet.
The parts that you see in the previously posted photo are our pre-production parts that were designed for easy 3D printing.

Any of you who know design would understand that when you are designing something you are also thinking of the end result and materials that you are going to use.
I 3D print all my props at TDK Props, so they are designed from that stand point. 

We followed the same process with our Death Trooper helmet, which again was designed in parts for ease of 3D printing and painting. There was no physical bucket in existence at the time so we designed from scratch using ref pics and Hot Toys figures, four-months before the movie was released.

image.png.ffec1aca6f9e5d587f967003f1931caf.png

Our FOTK Ep8 helmet was designed in exactly the same way.

So the earlier posted pic shows how our bucket goes together NOT how it will be molded and SOLD.

The helmet that is for sale is in three parts, Main Helmet, separate nose piece and the aerator.

image.png.c50505629dc1e96ba58dd33e86d0194b.png

As I see it, the end product I am looking to sell is no different than any other of the fan made helmets currently in market.

All have been devised from reference material available but our development process may be different. You would have to confirm with them how they work.

I would also like to highlight that there are a couple of design elements that are unique to my helmet. As you can see the pointy chin, teeth, underside around the front and the lenses are all different shapes to the Anovos EP8 bucket that they are selling.

This helmet was designed six-weeks ago from ref pics that everyone else had. We had worked hard to make this as accurate as possible and I think we are very close.

I hope this helps clarify things.

Cheers Tom   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, deadvision said:

If you check their Facebook they post all their model. It was deliberately designed this way to be easier to paint.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Way ahead of you brother.

40 minutes ago, ANH1138 said:

Hi there.

I just wanted to jump-in and address some of the comments that have been posted regarding my FOTK Ep8 Helmet.
The parts that you see in the previously posted photo are our pre-production parts that were designed for easy 3D printing.

Any of you who know design would understand that when you are designing something you are also thinking of the end result and materials that you are going to use.
I 3D print all my props at TDK Props, so they are designed from that stand point. 

We followed the same process with our Death Trooper helmet, which again was designed in parts for ease of 3D printing and painting. There was no physical bucket in existence at the time so we designed from scratch using ref pics and Hot Toys figures, four-months before the movie was released

So the earlier posted pic shows how our bucket goes together NOT how it will be molded and SOLD.

The helmet that is for sale is in three parts, Main Helmet, separate nose piece and the aerator.

As I see it, the end product I am looking to sell is no different than any other of the fan made helmets currently in market.

All have been devised from reference material available but our development process may be different. You would have to confirm with them how they work.

I would also like to highlight that there are a couple of design elements that are unique to my helmet. As you can see the pointy chin, teeth, underside around the front and the lenses are all different shapes to the Anovos EP8 bucket that they are selling.

This helmet was designed six-weeks ago from ref pics that everyone else had. We had worked hard to make this as accurate as possible and I think we are very close.

Cheers Tom   

Hey Tom thank you for the clarification. Those that have been with the FISD long enough know it's rare that the staff and accuracy buffs rarely take anything at face value. The reason the design was called into question is because of the unique characteristics of a couple components of the helmet that are extremely close in detail to LFL and Anovos licensed products. There's no harm in calling ANYONE's product into question. If there's nothing to hide then questions are answered, resolved and we all go our merry way. The end game here is honesty and credibility, not to mention never getting a C&D from the mouse patrol. Thanks to all who support the ongoing desire for accuracy and transparency. 

1 hour ago, ANH1138 said:

Hi there.

We followed the same process with our Death Trooper helmet, which again was designed in parts for ease of 3D printing and painting. There was no physical bucket in existence at the time so we designed from scratch using ref pics and Hot Toys figures, four-months before the movie was released.

Cheers Tom   

Thanks Tom.  That's probably one of the best posts I've ever seen a maker provide with regards to their philosophy and design methodology.  Not only is it always preferred to have the person doing the actual work speak to it, but also the objectivity provided as to "here is why" without the least equivocation or obfuscation whatsoever.

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the ranks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Thanks Tom.  That's probably one of the best posts I've ever seen a maker provide with regards to their philosophy and design methodology.  Not only is it always preferred to have the person doing the actual work speak to it, but also the objectivity provided as to "here is why" without the least equivocation or obfuscation whatsoever.

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the ranks.

Thank you Paul, I appreciate your feedback :) 

11 hours ago, ANH1138 said:

Hi there.

Cheers Tom   

Good you did that post Tom.

I was currently trying to defend your work the exact same way you just did, with one of the staff member here by PM. Some people like to see recast where there's none, but close their eyes when it's blatant... 

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Good you did that post Tom.

I was currently trying to defend your work the exact same way you just did, with one of the staff member here by PM. Some people like to see recast where there's none, but close their eyes when it's blatant... 

Actually the objective here was to establish true ownership of an idea possibly preventing an awkward situation in the future. Similar to when some support and defend your 3D blaster designs against those who seek to exploit your hard work. You're welcome btw ;)

Stick to topics gents or I'll delete threads.  This thread is about decals for Jimmy's buckets.  Any concerns about Tom's helmets will need to be via separate thread.  You can stick it in the 501st only area initially if you chose.