MStalkid's TLJ FOTK/Executioner build (LARGE photos)

MStalkid

Kind of hard to sand at a hotel. But I was able to sand some in the parking lot before it started to rain :P ITS SO SILKY SMOOTH. One coat of Spot Putty and dry sand 400 grit. Boom. Smoothy smoothness.

20RVvhl.jpg

4wVvI7n.jpg

Also got word my armor is shipping soon. Woot! Everything else is slowly being shipped. I can't wait....Work is keeping me here for probably two more weeks though. Having BBB's??!? and not be able to play with them?!?! AH! torture......

• Like 1

Tried sanding again, got rained out after 1 piece. Still trying to sand slowly...almost sanded in the hotel room but decided not to do that :P

JAFOs belt got safe and sound to my house! Can't wait to get back and play with it. My gaskets should be coming next week. Heard from Jim my armor might be shipping soon. Excited there. 

ImperialBoots shipment showed up  but USPS are being asshats and not playing nice. Left a redeliver notice. But the time I scheduled it for they didn't show up. If it happens once more I have to get it. And if I don't in a certain time they threaten to send it back. Ugghhh. I hate being out of town for 2 to 3 weeks when stuff is coming in....

No news on my package from the Post Office...hopefully they read my notes and LEAVE IT WITH THE FRONT OFFICE LIKE I ASK /endrant :6:

BUT! I talked to Jimmi and my armor is on its way basically! In the next two weeks I should have physical armor! So excited!!!

I also got all the parts of my F-11 sanded. So now it's prepp'ing them for painting. Which...painting might be hard. Anyone got good ideas for painting in a hotel?! :laugh1:

So currently at my house (which I am NOT at :'( ) I have 4 packages with goodies waiting! Just need to get back there and I can get some photos haha.

I have got most of the F-11 parts glued where they needed to be and am doing one final fill and sand before priming. However after seeing a notification from the LPRO posted through my local garrison I am going to delay posting pictures of anything blaster related due to the recent events in Vegas. I'm still on the road but I might try to get the primer on it if I can find a place. If not I'll have to figure out a paint tent for an apartment :P

Looking ahead at what I need to get, I have kind of a shopping list;

-E6000, several tubes

-Tandy snaps

-Rare earth magnets

-Webbing

-Metal for yoke reinforcement

-Velcro

I'm wanting to be able to kit up myself when I am done, so I was thinking about going the route of using the rare earth magnets for the back and rump plate. With that would I be able to basically kit myself up? Or what else should I magnet vs snap? Also any glaring things I missed? I have some fiberglass cloth and resin sitting around for repairs/reinforcement for Jim's armor.

20 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

So currently at my house (which I am NOT at :'( ) I have 4 packages with goodies waiting! Just need to get back there and I can get some photos haha.

I'm wanting to be able to kit up myself when I am done, so I was thinking about going the route of using the rare earth magnets for the back and rump plate. With that would I be able to basically kit myself up? Or what else should I magnet vs snap? Also any glaring things I missed? I have some fiberglass cloth and resin sitting around for repairs/reinforcement for Jim's armor.

Ouch that's got to hurt, well at least you know they are safely there for your arrival home :D.

I've heard a lot of guys have success with the magnets mod, I myself use elastic and snaps, I can get kitted up myself although it must look a little like a contortionist act for those that are watching ;) 

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos soon

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Ouch that's got to hurt, well at least you know they are safely there for your arrival home :D.

I've heard a lot of guys have success with the magnets mod, I myself use elastic and snaps, I can get kitted up myself although it must look a little like a contortionist act for those that are watching ;) 

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos soon

You have no idea haha. It's torture I say!

It relatively easy? I can handle being looked at like a contortionist hahahah just trying to figure out how to make sure I don't need assistance everytime ;) when I built my Fett kit I hated having to have another person suit me up. Trying to avoid that.

Oh there will be lots of BBB and package photos. It's Christmas in October! Jim just said my armor is on the way!

• Like 1

I love my magnet set-up. Works a charm. I would love to kit up solo but, honestly, I reckon I manage about 85% before I need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Traveling home today! Then hopefully it begins. Still have a day or two till my armor arrives so going to get as much done crafting on my ax as I can. Kind of setting a personal goal of being one of the first 10 people to be approved as an Executioner. I think I can do it once I have my armor in hand. Be prepared for so much progress coming soon! Can't wait.

• Like 1

Well after getting my Last Jedi Imax tickets last night, I got a notification today... THAT IS WAS BBB-MAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

sV42rjn.jpg

Had to run home, open it, and put the bucket on. Then go back to work sadly.....but it's here! Going to try to get it all sanded and ready for paint this week/weekend. It's also sitting a little low without liner/padding.

zxvrKhu.jpg

I also got all my electronics for my helmet. So I officially should have everything needed to get this Executioner done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say Jimmi's V5 armor is gorgeous. The surface is extremely smooth, it's lightweight and there is very little to no imperfections. His packaging is also top notch! I can't wait to unpack the rest tonight.

Blaster is ready for paint, My Ax is almost there (just got electronics together and printed off templates today I designed) And now armor ready to get sanded/painted.

9 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Awww yes! Exciting! Remember to give the insides of the armor a good sanding and a wash before you try it on :D This is going to be great :) 

I may of gotten a little excited and put it on anyways >.> I am no stranger to fiberglass itch. I couldnt resist. Hahaha.

But question. I have a gap on the back of the ab plate.  Like an inch. I know I can cover the back with the TD, but do I add an extension? I have everything else figured out but that caught me off guard ha!

Just now, MStalkid said:

I may of gotten a little excited and put it on anyways >.> I am no stranger to fiberglass itch. I couldnt resist. Hahaha.

But question. I have a gap on the back of the ab plate.  Like an inch. I know I can cover the back with the TD, but do I add an extension? I have everything else figured out but that caught me off guard ha!

Back of the ab plate? Do you mean the opening of the ab-piece in the back?

9 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Back of the ab plate? Do you mean the opening of the ab-piece in the back?

Yeah I don't have the armor with me currently. But yeah how the ab plate is cut on the back. I've seen most of them that the edges of that opening touch or overlap. But I guess I have a little girth that is leaving a gap (if I want to breathe :p) I assume its covered by the TD. I guess id have to attach am extension to get the magnets properly etc. 

14 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

Yeah I don't have the armor with me currently. But yeah how the ab plate is cut on the back. I've seen most of them that the edges of that opening touch or overlap. But I guess I have a little girth that is leaving a gap (if I want to breathe :p) I assume its covered by the TD. I guess id have to attach am extension to get the magnets properly etc. 

The TD will cove kit perfectly! You should put some support straps or otherwise to keep the back of the ab in line/secure but otherwise you'll do fine :)

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

The TD will cove kit perfectly! You should put some support straps or otherwise to keep the back of the ab in line/secure but otherwise you'll do fine :)

Okay cool. I have some sintra/pvc sheet that I think I will make an extension to help with the back gap. Also gives me something to put magnets on.

Going through the armor last night I found a few small cracks I need to fix with glue then reinforce. The shoulder area of the yoke, the bottom of the upper back plate, one of the thigh armor etc. Just minor things. But otherwise this is beautiful. Going to wash and sand the armor tonight inside and hopefully out. Then the smoothing starts.

Kick A.ss Matt!!! another Executioner to watch and congrats on the BBB!.  For filling the gap in the rear, i would suggest using ABS opposed to PVC.  only reason why i say that is that ABS will flex a bit, where PVC when flexed will snap and shatter.  

Andy

So trying this build with no shop space in an apartment is...interesting.....I GIVE YOU TROOPER BATH!

OxCmP1Y.jpg

*cough* Well now the armor is 100% wet sanded with 220 grit. Waiting for it to dry. But man is it baby smoooooth. Needs some spot putty, edge repair, etc. But sweeet!

rQlWzEt.jpg

All towel dry and drying!!!

FTqL7kJ.jpg

Man look at that shiny bald dome. It's like Mr. Cleans head up in here!

PSA!!! Wet sanding produces a lot of um...gunk....I guess I need to go buy drainO tomorrow >_>

P1W6vlg.jpg

Till tomorrow!