MStalkid's TLJ FOTK/Executioner build (LARGE photos)

MStalkid

Hey all,

So I figured I would start this as I have confirmation in quite a bit ha. This all happened a lot faster than I expected. What started as meer digging became a full build. Go figure!

I don't have basically any photos as a lot is in transit ha. But here is what is going on, and going big so I'm doing it right the first time!

Belt from JAFO is on the way

Commissioned gaskets, harness and seal from Soulart

My new aerator is coming from VaderPainters

ImperialBoots has confirmed shipment of boots and gloves.

Got on a wait list on the metal holster from R2Dan

Basically all that is left is ordering my TLJ armor from Jimmi  (going to happen soon) and get soft pouches.

As for weapons I've started a scratch built Executioner Ax but don't have pics or much to show.

I'm also 3d printing my blaster rifle (standard rifle) so have a teaser photo! 38 hours left on the first parts. Then I'll start the second grouping. 

Edited by MStalkid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ensi said:

Looking forward to seeing your progress! The executioner seems to be very  popular :D 

Thanks Ensi! I agree it is.

Soooo...lots of stuff in shipment to me. But nothing arriving yet. Haha. So photos of actual kit bits will be down the road.

I'm on round 3 of my printing of my blaster rifle. I wanna post photos buuuttt....no idea what site to use. What sites do you guys use for photo hosting so I can bombard you will 3d print photos hah.

• Like 1

no idea what site to use. What sites do you guys use for photo hosting so I can bombard you will 3d print photos hah.

Flickr or Imgur will be your friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

I wanna post photos buuuttt....no idea what site to use. What sites do you guys use for photo hosting so I can bombard you will 3d print photos hah.

I use Imgur, made a tutorial over in the HOWTO section: 

There are tons of hosting sites but it's all personal preference really.

1 hour ago, MStalkid said:

I used to use photobucket...until the dreaded 3rd party money wall showed up. Guess it's time for a imgur haha.

Also this just got REAL. My aerator showed up to my house!!! My first part of my kit is officially here. It's real now. This is crazy. Ha!

Yay BBB (big brown box) oh wait, IBB (itsy bitsy box). Well every piece adds up in the end ;) 

I also use imgur and have had no troubles so far, it's really hit and miss with free hosts, any of them can start charging at any stage, I'm just cheap and don't want to pay for it :laugh1:

Got my Imgur all situated. So here's a photo dump for my 3d print stuff. Had to delete the first couple photos for space on here ha.

FAyQrs2.jpg

I love this printer!

FNVKXXl.jpg

Straight off the printer with no finishing.

ZHhhHca.jpg

Looking like something!!

ngxyJYq.jpg

Two more batches after this then smoothing (not that it needs much!!!!)

Also got my order into Jimmi for my armor and TLJ bucket as well as pouches. Everything is basically ordered for this build! Sorry it's so 3d print heavy until more goodies show up :P

19 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Nice sharp prints! How many microns?

0.15mm layering I'm pretty sure. I would have to grab the nozzle but it's my medium nozzle (.2mm I think?). I have a finer nozzle that will enable me to go even smaller both diameter and layering.

• Like 1

You can adjust the thickness in your print settings, looks pretty fine, the finer the longer it takes to print but the less clean up and sanding you have to do.

Looking good

0.15mm layering I'm pretty sure. I would have to grab the nozzle but it's my medium nozzle (.2mm I think?). I have a finer nozzle that will enable me to go even smaller both diameter and layering.

Terrific! Any reason not to have to use XTC-3D and sand, sand, sand is a win

20 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can adjust the thickness in your print settings, looks pretty fine, the finer the longer it takes to print but the less clean up and sanding you have to do.

Looking good

Yeah I have this set as fine as I can currently with the nozzle I have installed. If I changed my nozzle I could get an even finer thickness setting but double the print time ha. Just the "main" sections took 51 hours to print.

18 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Terrific! Any reason not to have to use XTC-3D and sand, sand, sand is a win emoji51.png

Agree completely! As these are I think all I would have to do is fill with a little bit of spot putty and then filler primer!! Should finish printing in the next couple of days. I was going to be competing in a cosplay contest at the local con but I just got my refusal letter. So more fun time with 3d prints for me! Maybe more goodies will show up and I can mess around with things till my armor shows up eventually :P

• Like 1

Well my blaster is almost done printing. So have another photo of shiny 3d parts :P

J2P6jkF.jpg

Still just waiting on things to get to me currently so unfortunately besides the 3d print stuff I don't have much to add haha Started gathering materials for a scratch built Laser Ax. Aannndd...that's about it! More next time

• Like 2

I'm sure with what you have in hand it will keep you busy ;) 

Looking forward to the progress

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I'm sure with what you have in hand it will keep you busy ;) 

Looking forward to the progress

Just finished the preliminary sanding of most of the parts. Still waiting for the last batch to be done. Then spot putty. I cant believe how easily these cleaned up!

• Like 1