I need help sourcing non-resin materials for an E-11 build

Bullseye

I'm scratch building my E-11 from PVC, plastic, wood, aluminum, and styrene.  I'm also photographing and documenting everything for a lengthy "how-to" post once it's done. 

Bottom line, I'm trying to avoid purchasing premade parts. I'm trying to fabricate them out of standard, available, off the shelf materials. (That said, I know I'm ordering the t-tracks. I can't find anything like them anywhere at the hardware big box stores). 

I've run into an issue finding suitable flat plastic/PVC to make the nozzle for the barrel. I have templates for cutting once I locate the right material. I want to avoid wood in this instance due to the potential for warping and cracking and the limited thickness of the three tier nozzle. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to a source for sturdy, flat plastic in sheet form? (Or a source for off the shelf t-tracks?)

thanks!

Your endeavour to scratch build an E-11 based on said parameters is an ambitious one. Love your drive and thinking out of the box, you're trail blazing here that's for sure. Only way I can see helping is providing you companies that have online ordering with international delivery, have to do some digging.

I believe I've found a suitable material for the nozzle/muzzle. I'm going to use an acrylic white painters pallet that's available at most commercial hobby stores. I'm also going to experiment with a plastic "poster board" that's also easily available at similar stores. Depending on thickness of each I'll use the templates to outline the necessary surface, drill the necessary holes, then cut, stack/glue, and sand where necessary. Wish me luck!

I'm using a similar strategy for the scope. The big issue there is proper dimensions for the mid piece of the scope, as it expands and then widens in the middle of the expansion before reaching the eye piece. 

I may may suck that up and 3-D print it at my local library. But I'd really love to make it from over the counter parts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Your endeavour to scratch build an E-11 based on said parameters is an ambitious one. Love your drive and thinking out of the box, you're trail blazing here that's for sure. Only way I can see helping is providing you companies that have online ordering with international delivery, have to do some digging.

BTW, I appreciate that. Hopefully I'll have a good blaster plan to share soon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...