MrComrade's/TKBennett's FOTK First Build (Armor and helmet from Mimic)

MrComrade

Hello everyone! 

My name is Bennett and I am a cadet for Garrison Carida in Pennsylvania.  This will be the first time I will be setting up armor and then hopefully asking to be accepted into the 501st.  Now, right away I must admit this will likely be a less involved build than a lot of other's here as I am buying FOTK armor from Mimic.  When the armor and helmet arrive in October they will already be painted and trimmed, ready for assembly.  So that is where my build will begin, which I feel okay with seeing as I have never done anything like this before :)

Most of the questions I have then concern what I will need in order to assemble my armor, what materials should I buy ahead of time, and then eventually how do I put it all together.

I have made a list of what I believe I need to buy still, and who I am considering buying from:

Gaskets

Soulart 

ARRIVED

Gloves

Endorfinders

ARRIVED

Boots

http://www.imperialboots.com  

Purchased

Neck Seal

Soulart 

ARRIVED

Belt

Jafo

ARRIVED

Cloth Pouches

Gijin

ARRIVED

Undersuit

StormtrooperUndersuit.com

ARRIVED

Blaster Rifle

Heston 3D ARRIVED

Pistol

Heston 3D ARRIVED

Harness

Soulart

ARRIVED

Helmet Fan

Ukswrath

Purchased

Helmet Mic

Ukswrath

Purchased

Hard hat insert

Home Depot

ARRIVED

Balaclava also arrived :)

As for other supplies that I will need to assemble armor, any input that you all might have would be really appreciated! Thanks ahead of time for any help you are able to give :)
Edited by MrComrade

Hi Bennett! Very much looking forward to your thread.

Paul (Mimic) is a terrific prop maker and I'm interested to see how this kit shapes up. It's very promising.

I did reply to you yesterday but seemingly the message wasn't sent. I've just hit the SUBMIT button again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are free files here at FISD that you can download to print/assemble your own rifle and pistol. Or if you want something already assembled, Heston 3D Solutions on Etsy seems to be a popular choice.

Look here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/157-tfa-f-11d-pistol-and-other-weapons/

2 hours ago, tkrestonva said:

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are free files here at FISD that you can download to print/assemble your own rifle and pistol. Or if you want something already assembled, Heston 3D Solutions on Etsy seems to be a popular choice.

Look here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/157-tfa-f-11d-pistol-and-other-weapons/

Thanks for the info! 

Also, if you are looking for an alternate source for gloves, there is EndorFinders. I can't attest to their quality (mine are from ImperialBoots), but they are certainly far cheaper and seem to be more available. I may end up buying a spare set from them.

https://www.endorfinders.com/costume-accessories/tfa-stormtrooper-gloves

4 hours ago, tkrestonva said:

Also, if you are looking for an alternate source for gloves, there is EndorFinders. I can't attest to their quality (mine are from ImperialBoots), but they are certainly far cheaper and seem to be more available. I may end up buying a spare set from them.

https://www.endorfinders.com/costume-accessories/tfa-stormtrooper-gloves

Oh nice thanks for the link, those are definitely more accurate cause of the pinky not being white like in the imperialboots ones.  If anyone has a pair from Endorfinders let me know how they are, Ill try and find out myself in the meantime.

So just an update, this is now officially a TLJ build!  I can explain this a bit more if anyone is interested but for now I will move on with the build progress.

ARMOR:
The FOTK armor I am receiving is currently under production by Mimic and is still scheduled to arrive in October. He posted a few pictures to the build thread that I figured I would share here. 

59cc1956b8d9a_FOTKArmor1.JPG.4215a6e5982662b68807272a1a216e27.JPG59cc1957b8d18_FOTKArmor2.JPG.b28839833cc230607042149a17a7150c.JPG59cc195870b4c_FOTKArmor3.JPG.4981c74edf24f015b8ceee2855baa109.JPG59cc19594be3b_FOTKArmor4.JPG.91e941f5d00707fd4ba66c333586c965.JPG59cc195a4d3d7_FOTKArmor5.JPG.e49b880efc47f7dc91c9f2d117087b6b.JPG
(AGAIN! This is all the work of MIMIC!)

GASKETS:
As for the gaskets, they are being made by soulart and are under production as well.  Here is a picture:

411622d19b3a8184897b41541adc9db0.thumb.jpg.7d468bb94768ee21b6d82f339cca3b69.jpg
(Mine are on the bottom with my name written on them!)

Thank you Soulart and Mimic for all the work you are doing!

As for items that have arrived:

59cc1ad8cb33e_IMG_20170927_172359481-min(1).thumb.jpg.36b913e87222714b808b0fcd2ba34fe0.jpg

Shown in the picture are:

• Stormtrooper undersuit from www.stormtrooperundersuit.com 
    • Fits really well and is of great quality, although a little tight between the legs despite sizing up.
  • Hard hat, the insert of which I will use for the suspension inside my bucket (thanks Ukswrath for the idea!)
  • Gloves from www.endorfinders.com
    • Great quality and accurate to the the CRL
  • Belt kit from JAFO
    • Really great quality with a few little extras as you can see, will need to wait until the armor arrives to assemble it. Thanks JAFO!
  • F-11D Blaster from Heston 3D (https://www.etsy.com/listing/537606855/f-11d-se-44c-blaster-combo)

Looking forward to more items arriving as they become available such as boots and clothes pouches :) also if someone has a balaclava preference feel free to share!

Looking good, won't be long until you are well underway, good luck

Edited by gmrhodes13

Small Update :)

Everything (outside of helmet electronics) is either purchased or being built, and will be here shortly.  Such a good feeling!

I am getting an Anovos helmet for the time being, so as to have a completed FOTK costume for approval, then look to upgrade to a TLJTK when the crl is completed.

Edited by MrComrade

• 2 weeks later...

Another update before the armor arrives. Big shout out to Soulart for all her work :) 

The pictures in the link include:

Gaskets, harness and neckseal from Soulart

Cloth pouches from Gijin

FOTK Helmet from Anovos 

Pistol from Heston3D

Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/C1F1w

I am looking into strapping now and I am going with snaps for pretty much everything.  Looking into supplies now if anyone has suggestions for snaps. abs snap plates, elastic, velcro, etc...

Edited by MrComrade

Teresa’s work is fantastic! Great purchase.

Tandy snaps are the go to for most. All the other components you list I purchase via eBay. As long as you know what you want it’s easy to track down and the quality is fine. What you save in $s and time as they’re delivered to your door is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro