Anovos update

Just out of curiosity,  when did you place your order ?
I placed my order 12/18/2016.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I also think they will start shipping faster since they are no longer prebuilding the belts. Now if they would stop prebuilding the buckets they could keep up with the orders better.

Possibly not, but it could shave time off kit delivery if they would just offer the kit as a full kit.

I hope they improve a lot more with their costumer service.  It sucks for new people that are excited about getting started and getting out to do some trooping.  

Having to wait a couple of months is not a big deal, but when it runs into a year plus , it kinda knocks the wind out of your sails.

Even with the holidays and a messed up arm Walt. , WTF ,  came thru. Although,  a few days past 8 weeks.  Like that was a big deal . 

If Only Anovos were just a few days past their schedule,  I would have stayed with them.

Walt's kit is of good quality,  presently building.

One day I would like to get a Anovos kit, perhaps do a HWT.

• Like 1

Anovos helmets are actually very accurate for the most part, as is the armor.  BUT... the ABS tends to be a little thin in places and should be reinforced.  If you could post up some detailed photos of the helmet we can better assist you in making the determination as to whether the helmet has any problems.

3 minutes ago, movax said:

Of course pictures would help :) Attached two here, hopefully that shows that it's a bit oblong. I thought I remember reading somewhere that some of the actual props they used were messed up like this, but this is particularly jarring I feel.

xmskfpt.jpg

y0FT8x7.jpg?1

The face looks fine and the back is as it should be. It has been said they used the "Move along" bucket so if that's the case the bucket is fine.

Actually,  I think it looks pretty good. The Helmet is one of the more difficult pieces to assemble properly. 

It looks as if they did a good job on that. The paint on the teeth however will have to be touched up. 

That seams to be the thing that stands out the most as far as something that would keep you from gaining appoval.

If that is one of your goals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rat said:

The face looks fine and the back is as it should be. It has been said they used the "Move along" bucket so if that's the case the bucket is fine.

Thanks for the fast reply! I was just stunned to see it so look...oblong and obviously deformed. Maybe I just never noticed it because, well, the movies move quickly, and I don't exactly go up to folks in stormtrooper and detail eyeball their costumes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, movax said:

Thanks for the fast reply! I was just stunned to see it so look...oblong and obviously deformed. Maybe I just never noticed it because, well, the movies move quickly, and I don't exactly go up to folks in stormtrooper and detail eyeball their costumes.

You will find most makes of helmets are not symmetrical and oddly shaped, even full of bumps and lumps ;) 

I would also advise touching up the paint on the teeth. Good luck with the build.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, movax said:

As mentioned, you should re-do the frown for better screen accuracy.  Here is a link that should help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/36-helmet-frown-a-new-hope-stunt/

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2017 at 7:23 PM, Wompet said:

Well, I've joined all of you by cancelling my order today and requesting a refund.

But I also bought TheLoneRanger's AM kit today, so at least I have that to work on while I wait. :D

I got my refund last week.  If anyone is still waiting for theirs, just keep at it.

Polite weekly reminders that you're in Day XX of the 15-day refund process seem to work.