Anovos update

Being made in China is all about cost and proximity to materials. Labor as well as materials are more expensive in the US. So yes, itā€™s a money thing. The US in general is no longer a manufacturing giant.

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Big Deal said:

My refund process started early in September (or there abouts). It's since been raised to "priority" and "super priority" and now maybe "super duper we really mean it this time priority ticket". So we'll see.

Hope you get it soon, I've been trying to warn everyone about the disappointment of the long wait.. Ā  again ... I hope you get it soon.

• 1 month later...

Mine finally came through. September 18th I cancelled my order, November 28th I received the refund. I don't know how many times they "escalated" my request. All I can tell you is to be patient and to send them little reminders every couple of weeks so that they don't forget about you.

Dave, glad to hear that you got your refund. Damn shame it had to take so long.Ā 

Good luck on getting another ordered and received. I'm sure you will have one before the end of January. Ā Some are even offering them immediately at this time. But that is up to you to decide.

Ā For those of you who are still in the process of getting a refund or contemplating going for one, do this.

Ā Contact them once a week through email. Ā Be nice and professional. After 15 days contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint, Ā then let Anovos know that you have done so.

Ā Also let them know that you are willing to take legal action if necessary. Ā But you have to let them be over two weeks late before telling them about legal action or else you start to sound a little too impatient. Ā Like waiting the amount of time for a product that you have waited for will not wear out your patience . But , it will give the appearance that you have had entirely enough. They will bump you to the top of the list , which should get your money back a little faster. 12 to 15 days is just not doable for a company that has absolutely no good sense of business workings at all. I waited a little longer before telling them about the legal action than two weeks,Ā Ā but it did get faster results once I did tell them. It took 45 days to get mine. Hope this helps others to get theirs faster.

Ā 

Tom

After I cancelled an item I gave them the 15 working days stated in their terms. I then contacted CS and was told it was "in front of finance" for processing. I said I'd give them the weekend plus one extra day to allow the to do their job. When it didn't arrive on Day 18 I contacted CS and was told that it was still "in front of finance" and no time frame could be given as to when the money would be returned.

Ā 

I then shot off a polite email to joe@anovos.com and received a full refund within 2hrs.

Ā 

:)

Hey all,

just got an update from Anovos and after a year and some change, the armor is on the way. Originally supposed to have been here in Q1 and after a few date changes, they actually pulled through on their Q3 release. Has anyone else got a confirmation who is still waiting on the kit?

5 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Congrats, an Anovos shipping email is a rare sight.

Thanks, tell me about it. At first I thought it was another "sorry, you have to wait even longer for your armor" email. Thankfully it wasn't. Of course, it does come with a bill for the shipping.Ā ;)

Still waiting on mine, but I've only had one delay so far and it's not quite a year since I put in my order. I also did the payment plan on it so realistically I've only paid it off 6 months ago. I was hoping to have it this year for the 40th anniversary, but it's alright. So far anyways.

Ā 

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Good luck, hope you get yours soon as well. I think they're trying for Fall/Winter with their current orders, so I would imagine they ship them as they receive them from their production company. I'm pretty sure they go by month and fulfill them from the earliest orders, I remember an email from them back in September saying they've fulfilled up to October 2016 orders at that point, and I had ordered mine in November 2016. Also did the payment plan but as long as it's paid in full I don't think that makes a difference on the estimated ship date. My order says the date I ordered, not the date I paid it off.Ā And they recently changed the armor kit from "interest list" to "reserve now," might be a sign that they're finishing their current orders and getting another batch ready.Ā 

• Like 1

Yeah that is sort of what I thought as well. Mine was right at the beginning of the December orders, December 20th so I'm right in there. Hoping to get a shipping notification soon. I'm pretty sure you're right about the orders being from when you placed and not paid off. I like to look at it as I may have ordered in December but I didn't fully pay until June I believe. So it's more like a six month wait as opposed to over a year, which it isn't quite there either.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Shipping notification received this morning and the big brown box should be arriving on Friday. Waited fourteen months. One fascinating exercise for me this morning was to look back on what has changed in my life since I first placed the order. I adopted a German Shepherd, got engaged, joined a new church, etc., etc.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AngryEwok said:

Shipping notification received this morning and the big brown box should be arriving on Friday. Waited fourteen months. One fascinating exercise for me this morning was to look back on what has changed in my life since I first placed the order. I adopted a German Shepherd, got engaged, joined a new church, etc., etc.

Grats -Ā now you can add building armor to that list. Good luck with the build, and glad to hear we're finally getting our orders fulfilled.Ā 

• Like 1

Good lord. Ā Iā€™m scared now. Ā I just purchased ANH TK kit, my first. Ā Paying it off on payment plan. Ā Final payment would be June, so I figured once it was paid off it would ship, but now Iā€™m wondering if I made the right decision. Ā The price just seemed right and being new to all this, donā€™t know where else to get a kit really or for that price. Ā Hereā€™s to hoping for the best I guess....

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Good lord. Ā Iā€™m scared now. Ā I just purchased ANH TK kit, my first. Ā Paying it off on payment plan. Ā Final payment would be June, so I figured once it was paid off it would ship, but now Iā€™m wondering if I made the right decision. Ā The price just seemed right and being new to all this, donā€™t know where else to get a kit really or for that price. Ā Hereā€™s to hoping for the best I guess....

You may end up with it by the end of March, just depends. I was lucky with mine and ordered it at the tail-end of a wave in April 2016 and received it in June 2016. I ordered near end of wave for a shadow stormtrooper from them in February 2016 and received it in August 2016. I also did a TIE helmet too in April 2016 and got it in November 2016.

Ā 

There just doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason on some of it, as some have waited over a year to two.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, just sending an update that Ā I finally got my armor in the mail after some trouble with ups. Has anyone else noticed that the helmet has been updated? There's Velcro on the top and sides to put foam that's included to fill up space in the helmet (works quite nicely). The lens is fixed to the helmet with strong adhesive on soft foam, the only bad part is I can't really attach the chin strap I have without removing it. And they also have the mesh glued with a thin black fabric around the edges which is a nice touch. From what I read of earlier versions of anovos armor, it seems like a major upgrade to the helmet at least. I'll try to send pictures at some pointĀ but it says my photo files are too big on the phone so I'll have to figure that out then.