Nerdy questions

Tolo

Hello Troopers

I was watching something on youtube and came across this image. The Trooper that we see behind Captain Antilles, is he wearing "Luke's armor"? The chest seems smaller or is it just to high up?

And do you see the trooper with a miss placed sniper plate? lol

Eric

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 6.41.24 PM.png

4 hours ago, stewi0001 said:

There is no denying that sniper plate MIA lol!

If you look closely, the calves are on the wrong legs and you can see it just below the ammo thigh pack.  Looks as if the costume folks missed their morning coffee, lol.  

• Like 1

There was less attention to continuity in those days. People generally only saw a film once and VCRs were in their infancy so the odds of anyone noticing a glitch was slim to none. A lot of the nitpicking we do is kind of "revisionist history" because we have the luxury of seeing things that no one could see at the time.

• Like 1

There's also an aspect of an "expert eye".  First time you don't look and so you don't see anything wrong.  Now once someone has a certain amount of knowledge they look again, and look harder, and see all the wrong stuff like swapped shins, missing stripes, broken armour, missing biceps, weird holsters and so on.

• Like 1

I won't say that learning much more about Star Wars has ruined re-watching the movies for me. If anything it's now a game of trying to inspect all the armor for variations. But I will say that it has ruined it for my wife re-watching the movies with me, since I won't shut up about the armor .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1