MrComrade

New Guy Reporting In

Hello all o/

My name is Bennett, I live in central Pennsylvania! I have been interested in the 501st for a long time, but only now am I really looking into getting a kit and hopefully being accepted into the legion. Although I grew up watching the OT, and really would like to make a set of ANH Stunt armor, I have decided that I want my first set to be FOTK armor.  I have read that this is might be a difficult build, I am not sure, and any advice as to supplies and materials would be extremely helpful.  I decided on FOTK because I know that the real reason the 501st exists is for the benefit of others, especially the kids who get all of you at different events (I would have been beside myself as a kid if I had seen a "real" stormtrooper in person).  Just like I grew up with OT, these kids are growing up with the sequels, and therefore I feel that FOTK armor will have an even bigger impact for them.

Anyways that was much longer than I first intended, but I am glad to be here and will hopefully be able to join your ranks soon!

MTFBWYA!
Bennett Smith

(If anyone has experience with jimmiroquai tfa armor, I could use every bit of help.  Looking at other's builds while it can be very helpful, can also be a bit overwhelming, and I really just want to know what supplies I will need for TFA armor.  I really appreciate the help!!)

Hi and welcome aboard future Trooper!

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :duim:

Welcome Bennett. FOTK is great for sure. Mobility is pretty good, looks nice and has lots of cool accessories to add. Once you get that in hand, nothing to stop you from going OT in the future. Best of luck on your journey. Here to help in any way possible. 

Hi Bennett and welcome to the FISD!  The FOTK build is more difficult then the OT TK but there should be no reason why a determined person cannot accomplish that goal.  One of the big things I can recommend to you is to contact your local garrison.  Sign up on their forums and get to know some of the members.  More then likely there will be a member nearby who may have experience with building and will be able to help you along.  Ask us any questions you may have.  Have fun and good luck!

Cheers Bennett, and welcome to the FISD future trooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard future trooper! Whichever way you go for your first build, research it extensively before and during the build. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Welcome  to the FISD Bennett, Nothing like awaiting bbb day & like others have said research is key no matter what TK you decide to go with. If you do go with a FOTK check out UKwraths build thread here. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread-tk-10116/

His builds are always super detailed and really informative! 

Make sure you start a build thread once you get started so we can help you if needed along the way. 

Thank you to all who welcomed me! I really appreciate it and it makes me even more excited for BBB day, as I get to hopefully join your ranks in the near future! :)  Also thank you for all of the advice that you gave, I will heed it well.  I am going to start my build thread now, exciting stuff!  Lastly I did get in contact with my local garrison, I am a cadet for Garrison Carida and will be squiring one of their events this weekend :)

Thanks again everyone!