TLJ Executioner vs TLJ FOTK for Approval

MStalkid

Hey all,

So long time lurker and I'm finally getting ready to pull the trigger on a TK as the Executioner got my attention. My question here is should I get my FOTK and get it approved while waiting for CRL's for the Executioner? Or would the Executioner with the black mod's etc. count and be approved? Basically wondering if I spend the time doing the mod's as I build the kit or after some CRL's come out. Starting on the axe regardless after checking out Q's build thread. Thank you all!

I would personally go for the basic FOTK since the CRL is already on the books, then go for the Executioner. If you can get spare parts (shoulders, thermal det, helmet, yoke) then you can go back and forth between the two.

If you can get spare parts (shoulders, thermal det, helmet, yoke) then you can go back and forth between the two.

This is an approach many of us are taking.

You might not even need a spare a TD if you can temporarily cover the end cap so it is all black. Some aerosol caps are a perfect fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all for the comments!

So if I got one of TLJ style helmets, is that still acceptable for a FOTK? I know that they changed slightly between TFA and TLJ. I figured it would be interchangeable but I know that the different OT TKs have different CRLs. I guess I could always get TLJ stuff and get approved when the CRL comes but I'd rather troop and give back sooner hah

Thanks again all.

Just now, MStalkid said:

Thanks all for the comments!

So if I got one of TLJ style helmets, is that still acceptable for a FOTK? I know that they changed slightly between TFA and TLJ. I figured it would be interchangeable but I know that the different OT TKs have different CRLs. I guess I could always get TLJ stuff and get approved when the CRL comes but I'd rather troop and give back sooner hah

Thanks again all.

I would think it will be like the original trilogy TK's,  each movie had it's own CRL as there are differences, so I doubt you could use a TLJ  helmet for TFA approval.

31 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would think it will be like the original trilogy TK's,  each movie had it's own CRL as there are differences, so I doubt you could use a TLJ  helmet for TFA approval.

Alright that's good to know. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to take their TFA and make the Executioner hah

I tried looking and can only find helmet comparison, but is there a thread on comparing the rest of the armor? Just the basic TK not the executioner?

19 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

Alright that's good to know. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to take their TFA and make the Executioner hah

I tried looking and can only find helmet comparison, but is there a thread on comparing the rest of the armor? Just the basic TK not the executioner?

I don't believe there is complete comparison page posted as yet, there have been a few differences noticed and posted in a few threads though.

No doubt a CRL will be in the works at some stage but who knows when that would be completed. There is not as much film reference for the TLJ TK's as yet compared to the TFA's before that movies release, lots of promo kit FOTK's around back then.

Edited by gmrhodes13

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I don't believe there is complete comparison page posted as yet, there have been a few differences noticed and posted in a few threads though.

No doubt a CRL will be in the works at some stage but who knows when that would be completed. There is not as much film reference for the TLJ TK's as yet compared to the TFA's before that movies release, lots of promo kit FOTK's around back then.

Would the official figures like the Hot Toys one be enough to pull comparative detail from? Or I'm guess CRL is from the screen used suits hah.

9 minutes ago, MStalkid said:

Would the official figures like the Hot Toys one be enough to pull comparative detail from? Or I'm guess CRL is from the screen used suits hah.

Screen used is definitely more accurate although CRL's have been built from action figures before, in the end it comes down to a combined discussion from the detachment leader and the LMO team.

There are already some discrepancy's seen with the Hot Toys figure compared to screen version so I wouldn't base my build 100% on the Hot Toy figure.