Doopydoos Full Resin Kit WIP + Tino,Chris + more, Additional Parts

Dracotrooper

12 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Congratulations on completing this truly exceptional E-11 blaster, Jesse. Following your journey from day one, I can confirm that I have never before seen anybody making such a blaster with more effort than you. Of course this was meant in a positive way. No challenge was too big for you, no way was too far. As for the build time, yeah, maybe you should get a fun-award for the longest build duration. :P;) Just kidding. Thanks for the great final photos to drool over and also for your contribution to the Blaster Reference during this build. I look forward to seeing this blaster accompanied with a nice suit of TK armor. Maybe that will be your task for the next 2.5 years. :D

It was an absolute pleasure collaborating with you and others over the two plus years; crazy when I think of it. :lol:Also an honor to be counted as a contributor to the FISD E-11 Reference. Very valuable as is your E-11 Completion Set offering.

Oh........that TK armor, truth be told, it remains a distant dream but one day, one day :duim: and when that day comes, I will most definitely begin my WIP thread.

• Like 2

Wow, I love this replica. I can only hope to approach but probably never reach this final result when I get around to a blaster.
Pen your build plan belloq, pursue your personal best and have fun! I am sure, when you've reached the finish line, you'll have a blaster you can be proud of =)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations on completing your blaster! It can out amazing and your effort put into it shows. You showed that time and patience and perseverance can result in a blaster that other troopers would be honored to have.   

Get that armor started so you can compliment that fantastic blaster! 

• Like 1

Congratulations on completing your blaster! It can out amazing and your effort put into it shows. You showed that time and patience and perseverance can result in a blaster that other troopers would be honored to have.   

Get that armor started so you can compliment that fantastic blaster! 
Thanks for the well wishes and that pat on the back Brian, means allot. Lol, you said it, I most absolutely will keep the dream alive, next stage: armour build This time around, will only consider helmet electronics until after basic approval

Great work, Jesse. I’ve really enjoyed following this from the early days. Sharing thoughts and ideas in those early stages really helped with my own build. :-)

Hope this takes pride of place wherever you choose to display it. If you ever get to build your own TK armour and need any pointers, the FISD has your back.

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1

Great work, Jesse. I’ve really enjoyed following this from the early days. Sharing thoughts and ideas in those early stages really helped with my own build. :-)

Hope this takes pride of place wherever you choose to display it. If you ever get to build your own TK armour and need any pointers, the FISD has your back.

Best wishes
Dan
Thanks Dan, absolutely superb collaborating with you over the lifetime of this build. Always encouraging to see your troop posts to see how far a TK can go for the Empire, you are an inspiration to many of us. Best wishes as well!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, Jesse!!!  The blaster looks fantastic!!!  I hadn't "checked in" for a while either (life, I know, it's interruptive..) and I was surprised to see a conclusion to the saga of Dracotroopers blaster.  I picked up an Elegoo Mars resin 3D printer and it's amazing.  If I had that while I was still working on my blaster it would be a whole different build.  No more fabricating parts.....just print them out of resin in perfect quality.  :-)

Anyway, congrats again!!!  Looking forward to your (eventual) trooper build!!

Mark

• Like 1

Congratulations, Jesse!!!  The blaster looks fantastic!!!  I hadn't "checked in" for a while either (life, I know, it's interruptive..) and I was surprised to see a conclusion to the saga of Dracotroopers blaster.  I picked up an Elegoo Mars resin 3D printer and it's amazing.  If I had that while I was still working on my blaster it would be a whole different build.  No more fabricating parts.....just print them out of resin in perfect quality.  :-)

Anyway, congrats again!!!  Looking forward to your (eventual) trooper build!!

Mark

Oh my goodness Mark, you said it, haha, the saga has ended.

Thanks the congrats! Feels good to have it completed, finally. Yeah, its different now with so many options - glad you've found an option that works for you. Did you say there is a way to make your own resin parts? That is crazy! You have to elaborate.

14 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Oh my goodness Mark, you said it, haha, the saga has ended.

Thanks the congrats! Feels good to have it completed, finally. Yeah, its different now with so many options - glad you've found an option that works for you. Did you say there is a way to make your own resin parts? That is crazy! You have to elaborate.

Definitely look up an Elegoo Mars.  It's a resin 3D printer.  It's around $360 Canadian or closer to $230 US.  Can print close to 0.02mm pixel size.  Almost no layer lines, and any that are there easily sand off.  I just finished a blaster from the Mandalorian show and you can't tell it's 3D printed.  Only down side is that the resin is messy and the build volume is fairly small.  It uses a cell phone LCD panel as a shutter with a UV light underneath.  Fairly simple.  So the build volume is something like 4.5"x2.5"x6".  But man, if I had this while I was building my blaster, you could just fabricate the parts in a cad program and print them out.  Your custom clip, the bolt, the sight.....everything that wasn't exactly right on the Doopy's kit could be printed.  And then, if you design an impressive part, people sell the digital files on ETSY.  Or if you aren't good with CAD, you just find free STL files or buy them online.  It's a game changer, for sure.

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, Dracotrooper said:

Hi all,

Quick update here - Super excited to have received my BlastFX - Essentially my electronic module that will enable sound, lights and rumble action to my Blaster! I am a proud owner of one as it is compact and meets my every need. Paul is a great guy to deal with and always at the ready to answer any questions you may have. I actually received it a while back but did a terrible blunder; I short circuited the module and likely burnt out the speaker rendering the module without sound. As he provides battery hook-up instructions, I recommend heeding to the direction provided closely. I ended up commissioning him for my battery and switch install as I proved myself a novice blundering the way I did. Paul was very accommodating and got me on my way with a fully operational BlastFX in record speed! Furthermore, it comes standard with a good amount of wiring which comes in handy during the installation stage; I don't forsee any significant challenges when I get to this step.

As for my battery source; I chose the recommended Li-Po type and choose out at 3.7 volts. It is recharged via USB charger and attaches / detaches via JST 2 Connector. Mine will take upwards of 2 to 2-1/2 hours to fully charge from zero.

As for what I think if it; superb. It's compact, loaded with features, lights are bright enough(red for blaster bolt/ blue for stun), and sound quality is good. The Stun mode is very vivid sounding; likely to give you goosebumps as it gave me. Rifling through options in blaster types and displays gives you control over how you particularly want to operate it - great fun! Oh, there's also a 'soon to run out of ammo' sound and a 'out of ammo' sound as well during operation, which plays to kind of the realism of the whole thing. Oh yeah, and there's a mute operation as well which reveals lights only at trigger pull, which may come in handy based on the scope of a given troop.

Apart from a slight electrical hum when the module is turned on, I give it two thumbs up! I did attempt to channel the possible electronic hobbyist in me over the course of three months by doing a ton of research into Arduino Boards / Sound Boards and electrical know-how on experimenting with bread boards etc. but honestly concluded it was too much time/energy/money overhead for me for even to get anything working so I went with the quick and easy route of getting this ready-to-install module and I am not regretting it one bit. Again, given that it's compact and loaded with features, it's one of my treasured components for my e-11 build.

24417486197_9eaed84ccf_z.jpg

TRamp BlastFX enabling light, sound and rumble for install into doopydoos resin e-11 blaster

38495644744_b401cfe208_z.jpg

BlastFX main processor (arduino / sound board) with micro SD card at 128 MB. JST 2 battery connector of choice shown

39175685022_780a9b5827_z.jpg

Display, LED light, speaker and rumble motor

25337807888_4d91064179_z.jpg

On / Off switch and trigger along with mode button

39175759572_5acdae2278_z.jpg

Battery of choice - Li-Po at 3.7 volts 1200 mAh current capacity

38495793754_bb99749aa0_z.jpg

Operational instructions

39416808862_894a8f742a_z.jpg

My test set-up before installation

39416808962_1bbf5597e6_z.jpg

27670206489_89efd92882_z.jpg

cheers,

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’ve just done the same thing that you did.
Everything was working perfectly, then somehow it’s all gone silent.
But all the lights, laser, displays, menu, etc. are still ok.
I don’t want to bother Paul right now as he’s dealing with Covid

but I have a strong suspicion I’m going to have to buy a whole new BlastFX for my E-11.