CFO build

Hi Guys, 

I'm in the middle of building a CFO Jedi kit.  

I have attached some photos of the build so far. Any advice or feed back would be appreciated. 

CFO STORMY BUILD 1CFO STORMY BUILD 2CFO STORMY BUILD 3belt  and hand pieces trimmedCFO stormy all trimmed

CFO stormy forearms and shins gluedCFO stormy parts almost all glued.

I have got a pre-built helmet and I have one which is with the kit as well. (Want to take time over building the kit one) is there anything I need to change to the pre-built one apart from the lenses? 

Jedi Stormtrooper helmet.5Jedi Stormtrooper helmet.1Jedi Stormtrooper helmetJedi Stormtrooper helmet.4Jedi Stormtrooper helmet.3Jedi Stormtrooper helmet.2

Thanks

Justin 

5 hours ago, BadgerTrooper76 said:

Another question do the thighs look okay? or does the line on the front need to be cleaner?

CFO STORMTROOPER thighs

Any help appreciated. Thanks 

J

Great job so far, the only thing I see is the bottom looks like it was overlapped.  I'm not sure with ROTJ but a butt connection is the preferred method for EIB and Centurion

1 hour ago, msouza said:

Great job so far, the only thing I see is the bottom looks like it was overlapped.  I'm not sure with ROTJ but a butt connection is the preferred method for EIB and Centurion

Thanks, I have been told different things by different people. That build is different and is overlapped and other people have said use a cover strip? Its all a little confusing on this part. As I want it to be correct. 

38 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Troopermaster is another maker, he also does a ROTJ but is also generally very knowledgeable about how original armour went together.

I have contacted Mark (CFO) and also found Paul (Troopermaster) and sent him a message as well. 

Cheers for all the info Chris, much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get the thighs sorted so the fit properly.  (had to strip them back a couple of times) 

Thighs

Almost all the outer beading on,  just the bum plate and the abdominal plate to finish.  Also finished the thermal detonator

CFO ROTJ STORMTROOPER BUILD

I am going to build the helmet as soon as I have finished the armour for sure. 

It's a slow process but I'm getting closer.

Sunday evening update, after having an odd day on the leg parts. 

Have started strapping the upper body together. Still need to attach the biceps to the bells with poppers to stop them from slipping (Is that correct?)

37437994301_8491e8da4a.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr
23586053738_430726a013.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr
37437994501_52f32e099a.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr
37437994441_5b0c6805fa.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

Attached the glove parts with velcro but they keep coming off so may just glue the velcro to the glove.
37390508356_bfcfaeaf0f.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

Will start on the butt and abs section over the week and attach it to the chest and back and join the chest and back together as well

23586053868_f07d633666.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not updated here in a while, have had loads of issues with the shins and thighs not being big enough. Have put strips on the back and used abs paste to start building them out. Have done one fill and sand which has come up not to bad.  Just second filled will then sand and then wet sand to get shine.

37612418436_f77a27c843.jpgCFO TROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

37612418316_fe9ca7a857.jpgCFO TROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

Edited by BadgerTrooper76
ADD IMAGES

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 4:51 PM, BadgerTrooper76 said:

.. . .Still need to attach the biceps to the bells with poppers to stop them from slipping (Is that correct?)

Attached the glove parts with velcro but they keep coming off so may just glue the velcro to the glove.

Yes, with elastic straps, attach bicep underside to the bells' underside shoulder area.  The straps should not show at all.

What I'm doing is gluing male snaps/fasterners to the underside of the handshell and use female-side of snaps attached to elastic straps to wrap around the hand.

23586053868_f07d633666.jpgCFO STORMTROOPER BUILD by Justin, on Flickr

proportionally speaking, your TK looks darn good!

Edited by Thumpy~

• 2 weeks later...