HWT Trooping Case

Ragtooth

When trooping as HWT, how do you guys transport all of the gear (including backpack) to the events?  

Does it all fit in the larger Husky rolling case? I have a DLT-19 that breaks down into 2 parts. I'm hoping that I could fit everything (including maybe the helmet) into the larger Husky case.  

Thanks 

Edited by Ragtooth

I use a large Husky rolling case for mine. I can't fit it all in the case. I attached hooks in the sides of the case and then strap strap the backpack on the top and one on the side for the long blaster so I can drag it all with me.

Thanks for your response.

I just bought a large Husky to try it out.    The HWT pack (as designed by Ukswrath) does fit in the bottom of the case but WITHOUT the PVC tube on the side.  It just so happens that I'm finishing up with the build of the pack and decided to attach the tube to the side with a bolt/nut mounting system (See pic).  Fortuitously, I'm backing into a system whereby I can drop the pack on the bottom of the case and install the tube on the side when I troop.  I epoxied some 1/4" T-Nuts into the side of the tube (ie., inverted so that the shaft fits inside the tube). The idea is just to use a bolt/washer or maybe a thumbscrew on the inside to attach the tube. 

I'm thinking of creating a shelf system on the inside the box whereby I can place a 1/4" piece of plywood on top of the pack (supported on the internal wall sides) so that the armor can be placed on top on a flat deck.  

My DLT-19 fits as well as it breaks down into 2 pieces.  I'm hoping to find a spot inside for that as well as E-11 blaster (so I can strap it to the other side of the pack ... looks cool) and the helmet. 

I'll post some pics when I get it all done.

0UbEhEy.jpg1Hfoogl.jpgqxGK57x.jpgWhiNobd.jpg

Pack looks great! Seems like a lot of work to put tube on everytime. My Husky holds all my armor including helmet. As for DLT it's scratch built and has it's own case I strap on top of bin to wheel in. As for pack, I wear it in. Gives them a preview so to speak.

Good Luck in whatever way you do it. Just glad to see another HWT making it happen!

Thanks.  Ukswrath's thread on the pack build is excellent.

The tube literally takes about 30 seconds to install. Not much compared to all else. 

Since the tube hangs off the side of the pack, I thought that eventually I was going to walk into a doorway and knock it off. That was my initial thinking for using bolts to attach it off the side.  Now I like the idea of it being removeable. 

I'll start a thread when I'm all HWT'd out!

If I have a long way to transport my bin/pack, I extend the handle of the bin and tie the top portions of the pack straps to each side of the base of the handle.  This lets it sit on top of the bin and not fall off while I roll it.  Most troop changing areas are a relatively short walk from my truck, so I normally just leave it on the back seat and make 2 trips.  My T-21 unfortunately doesn't break down, so I use the sling to carry it on my shoulder.  I do get some strange looks occasionally, though.

When I was a sandy everything fit in my rolling bin, and I either humped the pack or else just used bungie cord.  This way you have one hand on your bin as you walk, one on your BFG.  Some folks get rifle cases for the BFG and sling that.  Easy peasy.

13 hours ago, Daetrin said:

I either humped the pack or else just used bungie cord.  

A bungie cord...  DANG!  Why didn't I think of that?!  :jc_doublethumbup:  Looks like a trip to Lowe's today.