TK Boots quitting the business?

I caught word of this at my local garrison. I contacted the owner and although he expressed appreciation of my concerns for the future of his company, he neither confirmed or denied anything about the future status of it. I think if anyone thinking of purchasing, does so sooner rather than later, he'll continue offering his fine boots for sale. Thinking more like bumps on the road with more knock-offs flooding the market.

Yeah, pretty much it's TKBoots and IPB.  Funny as you note he mentions plastic.  Heck, I remember my Mark Cheng boots - the first I ever owned and they were patent leather.  Perfect for a TK at the time and the best money could buy.  TKBoots really took off after he left and we banned Elvis/Mariachi boots. One thing for sure in this hobby is that nothing ever lasts forever and the market is always getting more and more accurate and/or lower cost.  Anyone remember paying $1200 for a set of FX armor - a kit! - on Ebay and thinking it was OK?

Too bad they can't remain as an option.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Probably they was out of market here in europe becouse with the delivery his boots cost the double of the leather boots that we can buy in england, for the legion we have 2 markets one in America and one in Europe, try to buy something from one to the other it's really dangerous, I made a pourches from trooperbay 2 month ago 4/5 things, really simple nothing to much expensive but when I have spend 45 dollars to buy and 50 euro for delivery and tax, for my pockets maybe next time I change my target

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yeah, just got this response when checking in our any less than perfect stock in our sizes:

"At this point in time, it's not proven cost-effective to produce a high quality, handmade leather boot and try to sell them at a price competitive to the massive influx of low-quality plastic and vinyl boots which are flooding the 501st. 
While we helped to start and suit up the original 501st over 20 years ago with our armor and boots, the quality level of the club has changed tremendously, progressively declining. If something changes, we may fire-up production, but at this point in time, we'll probably be shutting down." 

As noted above, really curious as to the reference to the change in the quality level of the club.  Since joining FISD back in May and going through our build, I only saw everyone striving for as high quality and perfection as possible!

Sad news indeed, 5 years on and my TK boots are just as comfortable as the first day I put them on and still going strong after 125 troops the sole still has hardly any wear.

2 hours ago, FencingCorvetteTrooper said:

"At this point in time, it's not proven cost-effective to produce a high quality, handmade leather boot and try to sell them at a price competitive to the massive influx of low-quality plastic and vinyl boots which are flooding the 501st. 
While we helped to start and suit up the original 501st over 20 years ago with our armor and boots, the quality level of the club has changed tremendously, progressively declining. If something changes, we may fire-up production, but at this point in time, we'll probably be shutting down." 

As noted above, really curious as to the reference to the change in the quality level of the club.  Since joining FISD back in May and going through our build, I only saw everyone striving for as high quality and perfection as possible!

Not sure exactly what this means...  They can't be referring to Imperial Boots, as they are leather, and if you look at many (if not most) of the EI and Centurion submissions they are indeed TK Boots.  I know RS has their own line, but I can't see that they have cornered the market.

Is there a company out there that is supplying plastic ones that I am not aware of?  I know many choose the Chelsea style and paint them, but an "influx" of plastic boots?

This is only my opinion, and I realize that becoming a TK is not an inexpensive journey, but those looking for long term trooping should invest in a pair of genuine leather boots.  Plastic or vinyl may be a great alternative to start with, especially for those on a budget, but they will crack and peel over time.  

Leather boots will also conform to your feet and "breathe", unlike plastic.  I have close to 50 troops in mine and they fit like a glove.

I'm glad to have gotten my TK Boots when I have (a few months ago).  I got the last size for mine and got a EXTREMELY vague response when I was ordering them... now I see why.  I have had about 4-5 "troops" around my neighborhood and LOVE my TK's!!!!!  I did not know about Imperial Boots at all, but I guess it's nice to know for the future.  This is greatly disappointing, but I'll be treasuring my TK's until the day we BOTH end up on the ground from our "battles"!

Yeah, just got this response when checking in our any less than perfect stock in our sizes:

I don't think the problem is the quality but the boots now you can find for 80/90 euro for my in Italy the problem is only that, to buy a tk boot I have to buy the boots, and shipping and tax for 60/70euro , if I buy in England or in italy I spend 10/15 euro for the delivery, the difference of price is big, you can, for my, the error of tkboots is only to haven't find a seller here in europe, to take a good price not for boots but for the rest

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LTM said:

Shops closing down or on hiatus for the month. Not a good time to order a quality boot...

Imperial Boots (https://www.imperialboots.com/#)  is also on hiatus for the time being, but they have a top quality product.  If you order from them, just remember to order a full size larger than you normally wear.