Those with short necks..help

I've been having issues where the chin of my helmet keeps rubbing against the top of my chest plate and wanted to know who else has this problem and what you've done to alleviate it.  I find myself constantly lifting my head slightly to clear my chest plate.  

These are things I've tried and thought of but didn't help -

- Thought of placing a pad on the inside top of my helmet to raise it a bit but then I wouldn't be

able to see through the eyes.

- I've tried lengthening the shoulder straps so the chest plate could come down some but that  

made my backplate stick out from my back.

- I've shaved the edge of the chin down a bit to give it a bit more room but it made a minimal

difference.

Any other suggestions and/or what you've done that works?  

Thanks troopers!

I have the same issue, Hugh.  I took the padding out of the top of my buckets because it made them ride too high and like you, I couldn't see.  I ended up using a piece of 1 inch thick foam in a horseshoe shape that keeps them snug enough to effectively move my head  but it still slightly touches my chest plate.  I just have to clean off a few black marks with a Magic Eraser after each troop.

gKtZNkx.jpg

12 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I have the same issue, Hugh.  I took the padding out of the top of my buckets because it made them ride too high and like you, I couldn't see.  I ended up using a piece of 1 inch thick foam in a horseshoe shape that keeps them snug enough to effectively move my head  but it still slightly touches my chest plate.  I just have to clean off a few black marks with a Magic Eraser after each troop.

Thanks Joseph, I guess I'm limited on what to do.

Brother you could try bring the face of your bucket slightly further forward ?! You may be surprised what just a couple of millimetres may do but try it with magnets first before you go drilling new holes Man then sum good padding like Joseph said to keep it firm & well we're not known for our Great Visibility anyway lol Good Luck Bro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How about a chin strap?  It could help or make it worse, not sure.  A chin strap attached to the ear screws would pull your head towards the back top of the helmet.  Simulate this by pressing on the back top of the helmet see if that might make the fit better.

I placed some foam in front of my forehead, just enough to help bring it backwards a little and away from the chest.

• Like 2

I placed some foam in front of my forehead, just enough to help bring it backwards a little and away from the chest.

OK good - that works too. A chin strap I find works great to keep the helmet in place relative to your head (no bobble) even without padding. A chin strap would also tend to rotate the helmet upwards and away from the chest somewhat. Im not affiliated with trooperbay, but I have bought a couple of these before which work for me well and are easy to install. https://trooperbay.com/costuming-accessories/elastic-helmet-straps-with-snaps