Head too big to be a stormtrooper?

So I have run into an issue. I'm getting my bucket put together for my tk. And when I try to find a size that works my massive head barely fits. I have not yet trimmed it down much more than rough. I'm just wondering how much can I take off the bottom edges of the bucket before it looks wrong?

I can't attach any pictures due to not being allowed that much memory for a post.

On a side note. How can I begin attaching pictures. Since I do want to do a build thread.

Use an online photo host like Imgur, upload your photos there then copy the links into your post.

Are you trying your helmet on sideways, they don't go on straight ;) 

• Like 2

So ever since the debacle with photobucket I have been using imgur.  I wish I made the switch a long time ago because imgur is so much easier.

Anyway, what is the make of the helmet?  There are size differences between the helmets.  I have a TM and a MTK and my TM is more spacious then my MTK.  If you haven't tried putting it on sideways like Glen has mentioned then make sure you do that.  It is how most people put these things on.  If you have done that and you still can't get it on then post a couple of photos of the bottom of it.  Maybe you can trim more away without hurting the integrity of the bottom of it.

9 minutes ago, starsaber25 said:

So ever since the debacle with photobucket I have been using imgur.  I wish I made the switch a long time ago because imgur is so much easier.

Anyway, what is the make of the helmet?  There are size differences between the helmets.  I have a TM and a MTK and my TM is more spacious then my MTK.  If you haven't tried putting it on sideways like Glen has mentioned then make sure you do that.  It is how most people put these things on.  If you have done that and you still can't get it on then post a couple of photos of the bottom of it.  Maybe you can trim more away without hurting the integrity of the bottom of it.

Imgur.. hmm... gotta give that a go.

Oh and to the OP... yeah, watch the scene from detention block AA23 in ANH. Luke grabs the front of his helmet and rotates it about 45 degrees to remove it. It's necessary for most people.

Awesome thanks! So I got the imgur figured out.

Anyway, This is how much is left right now.
And yes I do turn my head to the side to get in, wouldn't even be close to getting it on otherwise.
Like this I can technically get into it. But I'm rubbing on almost all sides and it doesn't have the S rubber seal in yet.

HDwIzzQ.jpg

Here I'm showing what I plan to remove right now. see if its enough, then go on from there

GidYCSk.jpg

So I think that should be fine.  Also keep in mind that as long as you can get your head in there then it is a win.  I don't even have that big of a head and I have to squeeze in.  So it will rub on your head all the way until it's on.

• Like 1

The little extra won't make too much of a difference, my ears tend to catch when putting on my Hero version, Stunt helmet not so much, if you can get in and out without seeing blood you should be fine ;)

• Like 3