Crookknight's TFA Jakku-Trooper Build

CrookKnight

Whats the status on this Shawn?

Unfortunately I have not received the remainder of the armor from MIMIC.

I might have to get the rest from someone else in order to get this thing finished. Not sure how long it is going to take for me to get second half from MIMIC. I have requested photos and multiple updates and just get promises that constantly get broken.

Really want to finish this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, CrookKnight said:

Unfortunately I have not received the remainder of the armor from MIMIC.

I might have to get the rest from someone else in order to get this thing finished. Not sure how long it is going to take for me to get second half from MIMIC. I have requested photos and multiple updates and just get promises that constantly get broken.

Really want to finish this.

Wow that stinks, sorry to hear Shawn. 

It's really a kick in the teeth when armor makers drop the ball, hopefully you get something worked out soon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It appears MIMIC has disappeared with my money and never delivered the other half of the armor.  That being the case, I have ordered the remaining armor from JSIN PROPS.  He is a lifesaver and is helping all of us that have been taken advantage of.  A vendor has the responsibility to communicate with their customers (no matter what is going on in their life).

Also, I may do a Captain Cardinal build instead of a basic FOTK.  I am still researching that (I do have a TFA Anovos helmet that i could use).

Remaining armor should be here in the next couple of weeks.  I cannot wait to get this thing going.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about the original armor, but I'm glad you've found a good alternative. My wife has been having a similar issue regarding an officer poncho. Zero communication. The way I see it, you have the customer's cash in hand, you OWE them communication as part of the product.

A Cardinal build would be awesome, hopefully a CRL gets worked out for that eventually. And btw, do you know if JSIN Props is doing a First Order TIE pilot? Clearly he does FOTK.

17 minutes ago, DEVOLVER said:

I'm sorry to hear about the original armor, but I'm glad you've found a good alternative. My wife has been having a similar issue regarding an officer poncho. Zero communication. The way I see it, you have the customer's cash in hand, you OWE them communication as part of the product.

A Cardinal build would be awesome, hopefully a CRL gets worked out for that eventually. And btw, do you know if JSIN Props is doing a First Order TIE pilot? Clearly he does FOTK.

Yes.  He does almost all armor.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since MIMIC took my money and ran, i went to KB Props and JSIN.  They were AWESOME.  Not only did they help all of us that were taken advantage of by MIMIC, they supplied the remaining armor at a very low cost and had it available immediately.  Thank you KB Props.  Below are the photos of the raw pieces from KB Props.  I still have to trim, sand and paint these pieces, but they look awesome.

NsLMKyP.jpg

AzZYnH2.jpg

• Like 2

Shame when makers promise and don’t deliver.

Looking forward to the progress, good luck.

• Like 1

It is official.  I am going to build Captain Cardinal and will just go with solid red boots.

Next week, I will begin work on the KB Props armor and post all progress on here as I promised JSIN.

Below is the only "Official" reference picture.

URdMsib.jpg

I just thought this picture was cool.  It is not an official reference picture (below pic)

tImFHEM.png

Once complete, I will be getting the armor painted by an Automobile painter/detailer with a clearcoat.  This will make it very shiney and protect it.

• Like 3

Wow. Sorry to hear! Glad KB and Jsin are making it better. They even had struggles and found a way to pull things together. I’m new to all of this as well. Just received my KB kit Friday. 

I also believe that KB and JSIn should be added to the vendors list on these forums. I think they finally have a system on how to get it done. 

28 minutes ago, Justin96039 said:

I also believe that KB and JSIn should be added to the vendors list on these forums. I think they finally have a system on how to get it done. 

KB should not be added to the list untill they have proven themselves for a longer period of time, there was very poor comunication and questionable business practise for a very long time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheSwede said:

KB should not be added to the list untill they have proven themselves for a longer period of time, there was very poor comunication and questionable business practise for a very long time. 

I stand corrected. I to was often worried. Yet when he came through. I was thrilled more than anything because of the way others have been scammed like what Mimic did. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Blaster(s) and Rifle this week:

F-11D w/ lights

F-11D w/o lights

SE-44C

Here are some photos.  No photos of second half of build yet, since I have not had time to work on my own stuff.  Building too many packs and other peoples armor right now.  haha.

Since they are 3D printed, they will take some finishing work.

Next thing is I have to decide if they are going to be red for Capt. Cardinal....or keep them white?

JsSnmXT.jpg

RKkPamq.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Anyone know how to change the title of this build thread?  I am not going to build Cardinal since there will never be a CRL.  It is a shame, but what can I do?

Anyways, I am going to build a TFA FOTK Jakku variant (the one with the big pack, big gun, and vest.)

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will ever get the remainder of my armor from MIMIC.  I cannot wait forever so I am going to complete with KBs armor and match the paint when I am done.

Starting with the Forearms.  These were supplied by KB Props.  Going to cut these tonight and glue them together tomorrow. 

-PAXP-deijE.gif60337515_10217794891011217_8636696838709

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to Crookknight's TFA Jakku-Trooper Build

Drew the cut lines for the forearms.  I pretty much did this where the ABS appeared to be vacuumformed against the mold and not the support of the mold.

60497142_10217798832389749_1652324337392

60355732_10217798832309747_6647523108259

Rough trimmed the pieces and sanded down the greeblies.

60647735_10217798833269771_6279136440362

60579437_10217798832989764_4444762329216

Now since I wanted to not wait forever for the E6000 to dry, I am using Super Glue on most parts.  The greeblies I still use E6000 since the Super Glue does not adhere to the resin as easily.

60642150_10217798833149768_1249323823682

Quick test fit to make sure my hand could make it through the front part of the forearm.  This is the most constricting part of the forearm.  Decided to trim a little more off the back inside of the forearm to allow for the gaskets.

60603901_10217798834029790_4448480512469

Removed magnets after 5 minutes.  Looks pretty good.  Still have some minor trimming to do.

60539834_10217798834149793_4630190064683

60479420_10217798834389799_5419237898408

60779691_10217798834989814_1605063500814

Completed forearms with greeblies.  I will do some minor trimming and sanding before I paint.  Going to wait until all pieces are done before final sanding and painting.

61095251_10217798834869811_4473825548275

60704586_10217798834789809_8692788093687

Nice work as usual Shawn. I personally would thin out the return edge thickness at the wrist side. Besides the upper and lower sections the general thickness of the movie armor is about 1/8". I can supply a photo if you need one.

Nice work as usual Shawn. I personally would thin out the return edge thickness at the wrist side. Besides the upper and lower sections the general thickness of the movie armor is about 1/8". I can supply a photo if you need one.

That would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk