TD Pipe scratches

Hi guys.
I've been a bit over enthusiastic when bevelling down the edges on my TD pipe.

Some of the bevelling scratches are a little longer than what will be covered by the end caps and can be seen.

I can hide most of it by turning it to the rear which will face my back when hooked on the belt but it's that age old thing... I know it's there!!
Not a biggie but Is there an easy way of buffing the pipe up and getting the scratches out?

A photo would really help, Mike, but there are 2 ways you could remedy that.  One would be to use progressively higher grit sandpaper (I would probably start with 300 or above, ending with 1200 or higher) and finish up with a plastic polishing compound like the Novus system.  Alternatively, you could sand it down really smooth and paint it.

Hopefully you haven't glued on the TD plate, but if so you could mask it off.

11 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

A photo would really help, Mike, but there are 2 ways you could remedy that.  One would be to use progressively higher grit sandpaper (I would probably start with 300 or above, ending with 1200 or higher) and finish up with a plastic polishing compound like the Novus system.  Alternatively, you could sand it down really smooth and paint it.

Hopefully you haven't glued on the TD plate, but if so you could mask it off.

^

+1.  Great ideas!  

Sorry, Joseph, I do not see a like button so this'll have to suffice for right now :)

....or if this really, really bugs you,

then you could always run down to the hardware store and see if you could find a pristine piece of plastic pipe to replace it. It would take some time to cut and bevel for the caps (as you already know), but this might take less time than sanding out the old one    just my .02