Has anyone purchased a blaster from this guy?

Looking at e-11 kits (other than Doopy Doos) when I came across Blaster-Master.

Blaster-Master

Stormtrooper Uber E-11 Blaster Rifle Model Base Kit Replica

Has anyone done business with this guy or know anything about the blaster itself?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

2 hours ago, Bri_McD135 said:

I bought a couple of bits from him. I got his folding stock and the blaster electronics. Good parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the blaster electronics bro?

I built his kit with light and sound and have had many people complement me on how good the blaster looks.  Great kit but a lot of work. I love it but I love my PRAETORIAN blaster a lot better.  looks great and will take the abuse.  Stock doesn't unfold but the rest is good. 

Have only tested the electronics when they arrived, which is ages ago now. They are in one of the boxes of blaster parts that I keep adding to promising myself that I will start a blaster build this weekend, no next weekend, no next weekend, no next weekend.

I'll have a dig around and give them another test for you Ted. If I remember correctly I thought they were a little bit on the quiet side but I will confirm this week. I'm working nights so please bear with me bud

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys, I've been looking at blaster kits recently as a last option.  Not to sound lazy, but I was originally going to consider purchasing a completed e-11 blaster from Questdesigncanada (since we are both located in Canada, there won't be any customs issues).  The problem is that his etsy.com page does not have any info regarding himself or his services (only his location in Canada).  I sent an email over a month ago asking for more information, but still have not heard anything.  Has anybody else experienced the same communication problem or could shed some light on any Questdesigncanada knowledge?

Hi Ted

Had a root around and found the electronics. I was right about them being on the quiet side but you could probably fit a louder speaker.

76d08c3175a79e3e53992b19c88ff33a.jpg

f341b0168cd278fc3b6916cb0f9b92e2.jpg

Blaster sound with red lights
Stun sound with blue lights

• Like 1

Just to add my two penny and self promote, I recently released BlastFX (weapon electronics for various blasters) on my page facebook.com/trooperamp and an accompanying mini sight display. Feel free to check them out and use the Send Message button to chat directly if interested.

3 hours ago, pwhitrow said:

Just to add my two penny and self promote, I recently released BlastFX (weapon electronics for various blasters) on my page facebook.com/trooperamp and an accompanying mini sight display. Feel free to check them out and use the Send Message button to chat directly if interested.

Paul will answer any and every question you may have about his modules, and do so in record speed. I've recently purchased one for October delivery - looking forward.

• Like 1

Paul will answer any and every question you may have about his modules, and do so in record speed. I've recently purchased one for October delivery - looking forward.
Cheers buddy. Recommendations from you guys are everything.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwhitrow said:

This looks really awesome. Both the sounds/counter and the scope. I see you had a sample wired to accept a usb power source. Does it come that way or was that just for demonstration? 

This looks really awesome. Both the sounds/counter and the scope. I see you had a sample wired to accept a usb power source. Does it come that way or was that just for demonstration? 
Thanks bud. The port is always on the board as it's also used to program it. You can power it from there but the module does come with power wires soldered to it. I simply used the USB port during the video as I didn't have a spare battery to hand.

1 hour ago, pwhitrow said:

Thanks bud. The port is always on the board as it's also used to program it. You can power it from there but the module does come with power wires soldered to it. I simply used the USB port during the video as I didn't have a spare battery to hand.

So potentially could I power the two units from a recchargable USB power source? One power source and a splitter? I just received my hasbro blaster in the mail today and I already have my Doopy Doos mod kit. I had been watching Hyperdyne for electronics mods but they have been sold out. Then ta-da you deliver this option. I'm going to open the blaster up tonight and see what room I have to work with.

So potentially could I power the two units from a recchargable USB power source? One power source and a splitter? I just received my hasbro blaster in the mail today and I already have my Doopy Doos mod kit. I had been watching Hyperdyne for electronics mods but they have been sold out. Then ta-da you deliver this option. I'm going to open the blaster up tonight and see what room I have to work with.
Yes bud you can power them in that way if you wished.