Anovos kidney shims tutorial?

bones3010

Hello everyone!  I expect that this is probably an issue that has been discussed elsewhere but my initial search came up somewhat dry.  

I started my Anovos build following UKsWrath's guide quite awhile ago, but my progress got derailed after I needed to tend to some family matters, and also because I found out that in spite of being only about 185-190lbs that apparently I'm still a bit too thick in the gut to fit in my torso comfortably.  So now it's 6 months later and I'm ready to get back to it and finish off, but since my goal is to (eventually) submit for Centurion approval, I want to do the shims in a way that will be approved at all levels.  Can anyone link to a good tutorial somewhere that will walk me through this process?  

Also, obviously the best situation would be to use the same ABS sheets that Anovos used for the armor when making shims, but I haven't had much luck finding a piece that perfectly matches.  Does it really matter how perfect the shims match in this regard, and/or can someone link to a place where I can find a good match to buy?  All I have right now is a hardware-grade piece of ABS that's pretty thick by comparison and not a perfect color match.  It'll definitely do in a pinch, but if there's something better out there I should probably look in to that first.    

Thanks in advance!

Hey Bones good to see you back at it. Well it appears the tutorials or HOW TOs I would have referred you to here on the FISD don't have any photos due to the photobucket policy change however, there is a youtube tutorial that is pretty good. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the video but you'll need to fill in the shim seam once finished. There can only be one seam at the Centurion level. There are ABS paste tutorials illustrating how to do this.--------------

As for material I suggest cover strip material as it's tough. Most vetted armorers sell sheets separately. IMHO ATA is a close match though not perfect. You can find the armorers in the "Armor and where to find them" section. 

Hope this helps

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working