Preventing the blaster holster flipping around

Your other choice is basically not to use the holster during trooping, because it sucks at being a holster. Alternatively could get a new holster of some really thick and hard leather, that would help.

Interesting question 15117.
And never noticed the white elastic in Episode IV :)

Perhaps some velcro could also help holding the holster in position without visible straps like the elastics in the film.

I don't know how durable this would be, but I would give it a try if you want to holster your blaster and move around.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I noticed that when I put my best blaster in the holster, it did the same exact thing as your picture.  It is basically a combination of two problems, and both need to be addressed before the tilt/flop issue is resolved.  First:  Many holsters are made of very thin material.  Thicker holster material is absolutely necessary to stiffen the holster.  Second: Most blasters, when loaded into the holster, are top-heavy causing them to flop and/or tilt.  I recently built an DLT-19 rifle.  My standard "carry" blaster is a very nice design and has some heft to it.  It flopped over in the holster even though I upgraded my holster.  Since the blaster should be in the holster when carrying the rifle, I needed a solution.  So I purchased a very inexpensive blaster (Hasbro?) and painted/weathered it.  It looks just fine in the holster and weighs just a few ounces and sits in the holster perfectly.  

Edited by Robotster