NEED HELP WITH TORSO FITMENT!!

Ragtooth

I need some TK help!

I did a "photo shoot" with my armor a few days ago to upload to my GML for 501st admission and the chest plate was hitting my neck which limited my helmet range as well.  Super uncomfortable!  (This is from a full RS Commission, BTW)

I thought that maybe the shoulder straps were too short.  So I took them off (fully prepared to make/glue new ones, etc.) and am now trying to line up the ab and kidney armor and determine the approximate length of the elastic shoulder straps.    

The problem that is see is that either the chest/ab piece is too long AND/OR the back/kidney/butt plate is too short.

I'm placing my chest piece to where it's just under my neck and the plastic shoulder (corrugated) straps are naturally curving over my shoulder.  Now if I raise the back piece to where it fits the natural contour of my back with the curved plastic (showing no gap in the back armor) ----  the kidney and ab plates are way out of whack.

HOWEVER, if I lower the back to where the kidney armor aligns to the ab armor, it pulls the back plate way down and I get a huge gap in the back as you can see in the pic (which is more noticeable from my right side).

I'm 5'11"

So what is going on here and how can I fix it?

Thanks

(Any other comments or observations would be greatly appreciated - that was literally the first time I put the armor on).

As TsL0DEs.jpg1acVw5b.jpgi1yOcWC.jpg

KjuGWk5.jpgK8Psavt.jpg

HIstyG0H.jpg

Edited by Ragtooth

Could this be the problem?  I think the shoulder "blades" coming up for the back amor is too curved in an should be a flatter curve.  

If so, could I just a heat gun to very gently bend it back?  

LqXSJyc.jpg

Try hot water bath first, that's how I re-curved my back plate. Things can get out of hand and damage the armor very badly if you are not experienced with s heat gun on ABS ( or other plastic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a lot of problems with my backplate and getting it to lie flatter on my back, it looks like you have the same problem of the upper backplate curve actually pushing the armor away from you.

Whilst mine is an AM2 set, the principal will be the same, i would trim the returns where the armor starts to curve over a little bit, this will make the curves easier to manipulate after a hot water bath, this should help to bring the armor closer to your body without having to hang the area over your shoulders for fit, which should allow you to hang the chest piece lower.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your responses!

After I posted the thread, I was able to work out the problems and make it fit a lot better.  I ended up not only heating and bending the shoulder blades to where it is flatter but I also had to lower the chest armor in relation to the abs armor.  I kept the same brackets but made longer tabs.