Adam's RWA ANH Stunt build WIP (first time)

Holland

Hi all, this will be pretty much copied directly over from my post in the UKG but I thought I'd share over here as well to get feedback on my build or even help someone else with it.

So today my BBB turned up from Ross and I felt that child-like excitement! I went with the 2mm ABS and had Ross build my lid for me as I was not confident in painting it at all and I feel it would have held me back a lot. I already know I want a hero helmet to sit next to it though so I'll be grabbing a kit for that at some point to build myself, no way am I missing out on the helmet building experience completely. :smiley-sw013:

So far I've got my armour kit and Sondico undersuit and I'll be ordering the rest of what I need next week, so it looks like I'll be spending my three day weekend trimming my armour with my trusty lexan scissors.

I spent a little time tonight rough trimming some stuff and removing return edges on the belt bit etc. to get used to using the scissors a bit. I also dry fit (with masking tape) the padding for my lid. It turns out I have a large head so wasn't able to pad it as much as I'd have originally liked but I'm happy with how this fits and feels so I'll get the velcro tabs out tomorrow to properly fit them.

I'm also pretty sure this is my first ever selfie... Images to follow.

Fxx6Wuq.jpg

ccuhBKh.jpg

aXr06g5.jpg

uyBHNpW.jpg

Edited by Holland
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a pretty busy bank holiday last weekend trimming my armour and I've now got most of it mostly done, I've got a little tidying to do on some pieces and then some fine sanding before fitting. I did cheat a little and grab Wilko's own version of a Dremel to get rid of most of the material as using the scissors with this 2mm armour was killing me.

Bs2GgN4.jpg

I reduced the padding in my helmet after some advice from an armourer and it still fits snugly while allowing better air circulation.

iArckBb.jpg

This weekend, I did some work on a few of the smaller bits so I've now cut the 15mm deep drop boxes, painted my ab buttons and made the TD, I've just got to put the clips on now.

pJrmuJS.jpg

Here's a picture of me all taped up with the thighs on, as I was a little worried that they are too long for my thighs, as you can see my knees are completely behind the armour piece itself and that's as high as I can get the ab/cod. My armourers have said to carry on with the kit so we can see it with my shins and ab on properly but any advice for the future for this would be greatly appreciated.

hQkkRqX.jpg

I've also ordered everything else apart from my blaster so that should all start arriving soon. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2