ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

I'm not absolutely sure when orders opened? I have an Anovos newsletter with a pre-order link dated 4 June, 2016 - so I'm guessing that was it?

I ordered mine on September 26th, 2016 (I cant believe it was that long ago but that's what my email says!)

Here is the latest from Anovos.

"The kits are going to begin shipping in the Spring Season before June 20th and continue shipping through the Summer Season until September 21st, but since your order is from 2016 it will likely be shipping late Spring/early Summer!"

I ordered November 2016.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:19 PM, Reno_Geek said:

Here is the latest from Anovos.

"The kits are going to begin shipping in the Spring Season before June 20th and continue shipping through the Summer Season until September 21st, but since your order is from 2016 it will likely be shipping late Spring/early Summer!"

I ordered November 2016.

I ordered Sept 2016 - For almost two years now my wife tells me that Anovos has scammed me out of $$$$ and I keep telling her "they're gonna ship they're gonna ship!"  ;P

• Like 2

I waited a long time for the OT TK kits they offered for $350.00. Took a long time but they fulfilled the order. It will probably take much longer but I believe they will ship out eventually. I am in no rush to build my kit so not worried but if I planned on having a kit ready for a specific event or time frame, Anovos is not the vendor you are looking for.

So I got tired of waiting for an update from Anovos and sent an email to Reggie via the Anovos Support email address. Copied below is my email and the reply from Reggie. Not lots of news - but it's something. I thought you might be interested too (I'm sure he wont mind me sharing).

My email:

Can you please forward this email to Reggie Scott

Hi Reggie

I am one of the many FOTK pre-order customers that have been waiting patiently for this order. I was grateful to receive your update email back in February where you made a commitment to personally ensure we were kept up to date an informed of the progress with this product.

That was now nearly three months ago and the hoped for March 20th start date for shipments is now long gone and we have heard nothing.

Can you please honour your commitment and arrange for an update to be sent out? I understand delays occur and I am continuing to wait as I’m excited about the final product

Thank you

Reggie's reply:

Hello Mark,

I will be sending out an update on these items next week, but here is an update per your request:

All of the First Order Stormtrooper Kits remain on track to begin shipping to customers this Spring and continue to ship through Summer, and they will ship in the order they were placed. These items have completed all of the necessary reviews and testing, the packaging has been approved and they are in production. When these kits arrive to our Fulfillment center, you will receive a 'Shipping Soon' notification via email.

Fingers crossed...

So did that update ever come out, just curious?

Lol I’m so tired of waiting but My hope is being brought back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No update from Reggie yet. His email on April 30th said he’d be sending an update out to everyone that “next week”.... which would have been last week! Frustrating. I think I’d almost just prefer silence from Anovos instead of Reggie making repeated promises to keep us up to date and then not following through. I can live with production delays, they happen and are arguably difficult for Anovos to totally control - but communication - that’s easy and totally within their control. It’s the basics of customer service and would create a whole lot of good will and patience with us all. Unfortunately they just don’t seem to understand that. 

If I had to guess the odds on Anovos continuing to disappoint us with their communication I’d have to quote K-2SO “It’s high. Very high”. 

• Like 1

No update from Reggie yet. His email on April 30th said he’d be sending an update out to everyone that “next week”.... which would have been last week! Frustrating. I think I’d almost just prefer silence from Anovos instead of Reggie making repeated promises to keep us up to date and then not following through. I can live with production delays, they happen and are arguably difficult for Anovos to totally control - but communication - that’s easy and totally within their control. It’s the basics of customer service and would create a whole lot of good will and patience with us all. Unfortunately they just don’t seem to understand that. 
If I had to guess the odds on Anovos continuing to disappoint us with their communication I’d have to quote K-2SO “It’s high. Very high”. 

Lol it’s high very high hahahaha that made my day hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I got a couple of emails from them today.

Here are the highlights - 

• Armors have been pulled and trimmed
  • Armor ETAs are still the same
  • Pauldron production has been moved to the US, but the ETAs are still the same
  • Pauldron prices are going up for future orders from $119 to $250
  • Like 1

Their Shadow Trooper that is now out of future production increased from a $450 kit to $1100 kit as "last hurrah" attempt to sale. So far as I know Liquidation should be cheaper to sale. lol.

Hoping this is true and everyone else get's theirs soon. I've refunded and am going through Jim at this point. But still have a helmet on order through Anovos.

• Like 1

They raised the OT TK to $900 ($1100 with soft goods) as well, not to mention their $2000 Han Solo ensemble, they've been bumping up prices here and there the past few months. At these new prices they are no longer the best option for a lot of people, but hopefully this is a sign they're getting their business affairs in order and not a 'last hurrah'.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

Yeah, It's definitely making things look troubling. There are a number of US based suppliers who are selling at cheaper, and even Jim's kits are cheaper with fastest shipping. 

I will give Anovos this, they look pretty and they've got the Disney/Lucasfilm tag. $900 for a full kit isn't too far off from what I've seen with other vendors and after all is said and done, my armor will be well over that $1100 limit, however I was previously on order with Anovos and my armor upgrades I was getting from other suppliers was putting it above that much. The armor kit alone with helmet is going to cost me cheaper (shipping aside). This also brings to question shipping, I suspect it's probably going to be cheaper within the USA, but yeah. It's interesting to not that.

I don't think it's going to be last hurrah though only because their original intention was to offer kits cheap at first and then build price as they became more popular. Problem is I fear that this will drive buyers away as they are currently aware of the flaws with Anovos in shipping times and all. Why pay that much for slow goods and services if you could actually get it faster elsewhere potentially cheaper?

I think all vendors deserve support though at their prices, so as long as Anovos get's it's shipping and manufacturing up to par, this will be a reasonable source of armor. It's all contingent on their wait times though.

• Like 1

I got the email this morning like all the others and decided to hit up Anovos support to ask a few questions. Here's the conversation. 

ws9ySmy.png

Apparently I forgot to screenshot this part of the conversation so I'll summarize. I told him that a lot of my friends had cancelled their orders and asked if there was any possibility that those who ordered their kits somewhat later than others could get bumped up in the shipping queue, because of so many people cancelling their orders.

COc409m.png

xHHkdVD.png

BNk3CPZ.png

Edited by A Final Ending
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A Final Ending said:

I got the email this morning like all the others and decided to hit up Anovos support to ask a few questions. Here's the conversation. 

ws9ySmy.png

Apparently I forgot to screenshot this part of the conversation so I'll summarize. I told him that a lot of my friends had cancelled their orders and asked if there was any possibility that those who ordered their kits somewhat later than others could get bumped up in the shipping queue, because of so many people cancelling their orders.

COc409m.png

xHHkdVD.png

BNk3CPZ.png

I really hope the basic TLJ helmet is the same shape as the premier. All together from them, I'm waiting on an TFA kit, basic TFA helmet, premier neckseal (don't know why I ordered this), white pauldron and a basic TLJ helmet. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Harbinger said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be the same shape, the TFA ones are.

If you look at the pictures of both helmets on Anovos' website, you can see that there are some pretty distinct differences between the two helmets, most noticeably the frown.

Standard

KN86eLF.jpg

Premier

0hdYzkI.jpg

Even with taking into account the fact that each photo is taken at somewhat different angles, the differences are pretty obvious.

Edited by A Final Ending
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Final Ending said:

If you look at the pictures of both helmets on Anovos' website, you can see that there are some pretty distinct differences between the two helmets, most noticeably the frown.

Standard

KN86eLF.jpg

Premier

0hdYzkI.jpg

Even with the angles of each photo taken into account, the differences are pretty obvious.

In just comparing the 2 pics, the body lines on the standard looks better than the premier where the pseudo-mesh meets the white paint. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be the same shape, the TFA ones are.

My thought on this, different processes are used in making the helmets which could lead to slight variations between the two. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in my email. Looks like the TLJ Premier FOTK helmets have been delayed. :/
Edit: something I just noticed is that the email title says "Regarding Your Preorder Of The Star Wars: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Order Stormtrooper  Helmet Premier Line Accessory".
Also, the order number that they included in the email is the order number for my FOTK kit, not the TLJ Helmet. :|

iU1E3Bf.jpg

Edited by A Final Ending