JonnieBear

Anovos FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

53 minutes ago, Lee_C_77 said:

Whilst there may be some truth to this, it’s very hard to believe. There is no way that a container can ship from China to the USA without some sort of shipping itinerary. If not for customs, then for the supplier and receiver. Items sent need to be accountable for. It sounds like another tale from Anovos. 

What they should have done, when the last window expired 3 weeks ago, was to come clean with everybody. 

I can only speak for myself, but even if they said it was another few months, I’d wait. I’ve waited this long anyway. 

I can confirm that a full shipping manifest of exactly what is in the container is required as part of entry by CBP and you are looking at serious problems if you get caught.  

:deadhorse: :laugh1:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2

More pre-Celebration rhetoric. They’re really covering all bases. 

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/straight-talk-about-shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So if I read that correctly they didn't have enough staff to get orders out before and they aren't going to add more staff to get shipments out and only ship on Monday and Wednesday so...... nothing is going to change?  

It still doesn't explain why something in stock should take 10-14 days to process even with a small staff only shipping on Monday and Wednesday, remember this is processing, not actually shipping it out the door.

I especially like their fake comments by Anovos employees...

Kevin T. Kolbe said:

My experience with you guys has always been pretty good. One minor quibble (you didn’t put captains rank braids on a red velour female TOS dress), but it was an “Uhura” style anyway (and my wife doesn’t really care). So it wasn’t a big deal. Your shipping is usually pretty close to estimate, and your quality is about as good as it gets. There are a LOT of con artists out there (individuals AND companies with websites)-ANOVOS is NOT one of them! You guys are top notch!

Really?

When has their shipping ever been close to estimates?

Not con artists like a lot of other companies? I sure hope they come through.

Edited by mikidymac

Wonder what gaskets will really ship? 

I just noticed the Pre-2019 orders shows the Latex gaskets but if you look at the Post 2019 pre-orders it says cloth gaskets. The cloth ones shown on the new pictures look horrible.

Another blog post today. TL;DR version - no more refunds moving forward. All sales are final.

Sounds like the wording goes as far to state no refunds on orders made previous to today too.

"We will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change as business permits."

8dffbce0b4d0102e4616769408953369.jpg

Thanks Dustin for sharing this pic! The shoulder seam in all its glory!

I guess if everyone walks with their arms straight that ab side seam won’t be an issue

Note all kits going out are tlj I confirmed they re did molds this is mach 3 armor tfa was mach 2

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Sounds like the wording goes as far to state no refunds on orders made previous to today too.

"We will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change as business permits."

That isn't correct.

The very first line says orders from now on.

The Refund Issue

This update reflects changes that pertain to orders placed on and after April 11, 2019.

1 hour ago, mikidymac said:

That isn't correct.

The very first line says orders from now on.

The Refund Issue

This update reflects changes that pertain to orders placed on and after April 11, 2019.

I'm aware, but their use of the words "existing" and "prior" 100% contradicts the first line.

Edited by Scimitar

15886e9c637a3fa4c5a8668e414bc53d.jpg

What are the odds you’ll be able to pick up an Anovos bucket at SWGE before they ship.

Perhaps the big A will fulfil their masters quota first.

40 minutes ago, JAFO said:

15886e9c637a3fa4c5a8668e414bc53d.jpg

What are the odds you’ll be able to pick up an Anovos bucket at SWGE before they ship.

Perhaps the big A will fulfil their masters quota first.

Doubtful. They usually only take orders at cons or stores. 

Edited by ukswrath

Doubtful. They usually only take orders at cons or stores. 

Yep, so that means they should available at the First Order Cargo store.

14 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Yep, so that means they should available at the First Order Cargo store.

I've purchased two helmets through either Disneyland or Disney World stores. They'll tell you flat out they don't stock armor or armor parts. It's drop shipped directly to your home. Unless they decided to change their policy I don't see that happening however, in this case I'd love to be proven wrong ;)

2 hours ago, Scimitar said:

I'm aware, but their use of the words "existing" and "prior" 100% contradicts the first line.

They mean that any return requests made before April 11 will be processed and refunded, but from now on there will be no refunds. So any "existing" requests made "prior" to that date will be refunded.

Edited by PhilBobTheFish
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

They mean that any return requests made before April 11 will be processed and refunded, but from now on there will be no refunds. So any "existing" requests made "prior" to that date will be refunded.

Correct, no disagreement there. My original point was that their wording states that if you ordered anytime prior to today and don't already have an open support ticket for a refund before today, you're basically locked in for the ride now with no refund option (even if they say they might review a refund request). Which wasn't the current agreement when the order was placed. So it's either bad wording on their part or they're trying to be sneaky with the wording to avoid any new refund requests on old orders from people who are fed up with waiting.

Edited by Scimitar

23 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Correct, no disagreement there. My original point was that their wording states that if you ordered anytime prior to today and don't already have an open support ticket for a refund before today, you're basically locked in for the ride now with no refund option (even if they say they might review a refund request). Which wasn't the current agreement when the order was placed. So it's either bad wording on their part or they're trying to be sneaky with the wording to avoid any new refund requests on old orders from people who are fed up with waiting.

Well they will consider refunds once they are in stock:

"We will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change as business permits, and will still consider future refunds for customers after a product is in-stock and ready to ship, but only on a case-by-case review."

So essentially if you have a pre order and want to cancel you may not receive funds unlit after the pre order is in stock, even then it's on a case by case basis.

• Like 2

Right, but again that's not what we agreed to when we ordered, we agreed to being able to request/receive a refund at any time up until the pre-order shipped. It's quite dishonest to take someone's money under one agreement and then suddenly change the rules, leaving the customer with no choice or recourse. I decided a long time ago to ride my pre-order out but this change stinks for anyone else who gets fed up with the wait from this point forward. Of course, it's not like they were actively giving refunds anyway, so not much is really changing. lol

1 minute ago, Scimitar said:

Right, but again that's not what we agreed to when we ordered, we agreed to being able to request/receive a refund at any time up until the pre-order shipped. It's quite dishonest to take someone's money under one agreement and then suddenly change the rules, leaving the customer with no choice or recourse. I decided a long time ago to ride my pre-order out but this change stinks for anyone else who gets fed up with the wait from this point forward. Of course, it's not like they were actively giving refunds anyway, so not much is really changing. lol

Still there is nothing in there that says anyone who agreed to terms in their pre order can't request a refund now, it depends how you read into what is there, so if anyone on the pre order list is still thinking of a refund I'd suggest asking for one ;) 

6 hours ago, JAFO said:

8dffbce0b4d0102e4616769408953369.jpg

Thanks Dustin for sharing this pic! The shoulder seam in all its glory!

I guess if everyone walks with their arms straight that ab side seam won’t be an issue emoji1787.png

That actually doesn’t look like it will be all that hard to join, it already lines up pretty good. It may even be able to use some ABS paste and avoid painting.

If we thought this area was a high stress point before it's going to be worse now with a full inner chest plate attached. The shoulder assembly will need to be looked at very carefully to prevent cracking. Good thing it's here on the FISD. With a collection of some of the best builders in the legion, I'm sure we can figure it out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

If we thought this area was a high stress point before it's going to be worse now with a full inner chest plate attached. The shoulder assembly will need to be looked at very carefully to prevent cracking. Good thing it's here on the FISD. With a collection of some of the best builders in the legion, I'm sure we can figure it out.  

I would agree. I am already thinking a nice aluminum backing plate with holes drilled and bonded to the underside with Plastic Welder 2. Just like a much larger and longer version of your shoulder bell bracket. We already know filling and paint are going to be needed no matter what. The same could be used for the sides.

Edited by mikidymac

1 hour ago, mikidymac said:

I would agree. I am already thinking a nice aluminum backing plate with holes drilled and bonded to the underside with Plastic Welder 2. Just like a much larger and longer version of your shoulder bell bracket. We already know filling and paint are going to be needed no matter what. The same could be used for the sides.

I was thinking the exact same :0Lighten: Once I get my hands on one I'll definitely be looking into it.

• Like 1