ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

18 minutes ago, masterx244 said:

Lawsuit that was "settled" got reopened. they didnt follow the agreement. they also lost their lawyers due to not paying them.

Wow this Poodoo runs deep!

I truly feel for everyone that was suckered into this trap and are struggling to recoup the losses.

I wish you all the best of luck in a resolution.

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

Wow this Poodoo runs deep!

I truly feel for everyone that was suckered into this trap and are struggling to recoup the losses.

I wish you all the best of luck in a resolution.

Recoup? I think too late for that :(

I have a feeling they would be filling for bankruptcy any day now... All who pre-ordered like I did... Rest In Peace... 

#Fooled

Just now, masterx244 said:

Too bad that the mouse cannot be held responsible since they gave the license to them.

I would believe also more of a they (Anovos) bought the license rights from the mouse under some condition but they failed to meet those condition or maybe can pay for license renewal that's where it went kaput... Or that's what I think it happen haha don't think Disney will casually give out their license :'(

Pretty sad though.. How the mighty have fallen

vor 9 Minuten schrieb wilsoncai:

I would believe also more of a they (Anovos) bought the license rights from the mouse under some condition but they failed to meet those condition or maybe can pay for license renewal that's where it went kaput... Or that's what I think it happen haha don't think Disney will casually give out their license :'(

Pretty sad though.. How the mighty have fallen

Iirc they renewed it after the issues began to start. And whennit was really obvious they should have pulled the emergency brake instead of letting them continue.

2 minutes ago, masterx244 said:

Iirc they renewed it after the issues began to start. And whennit was really obvious they should have pulled the emergency brake instead of letting them continue.

10/10 agree! >:( 

Would still lost money either way hahaha we got these before the renewal  xD 

• 1 month later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb DancerRonin:

Anovos website is offline. Looks like we have all lost our money.  

lets hope that the lawsuit can "pierce the veil" so their hiding behind a LLC doesnt help. (not sure how simila the rules are compared to germany. If you do intentionally fraudulent stuff the german equivalent to a LLC doesnt protect your private assets at all (and court-ordered de t can't get cleared by a bankruptcy, that debt sticks))

Perhaps they lost the licence for Star Trek and Ghostbusters too, would not surprise me at all.

It really was only a matter of time, they've been cleaning out their remaining stocks at huge discounts just to get rid of them.

It's just a shame they looked so promising at the start but with hiccups in production and not being forcoming and honest with communication and updates they really didn't do themselves any favours.

Hopefully there will still be a positive outcome to the lawsuit, only time will tell.

• Like 1

I met Dana, one of the founders, at Celebration in Los Angeles in 2015. Seemed a nice enough guy and they understood how to make accurate props and market them.  What they didn't understand was manufacturing, and that is where all their problems came in. It's one thing to make a prototype that is perfect, but can you make a lot of them, and do so without losing money?

Even in the fan community, there are very few people who make money, and only a select few who make enough for it to be a full time gig. And since they have so much of that market already covered there's not much left.

Then too Disney wants their license fees, and everything has to be made to their specification.  Want to change the number of rivets on the TK belt to make it more accurate?  Sorry, no can do unless The Mouse approves the design change.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised honestly.  Again, good blokes but making a business out of replicas simply required more business savvy on the production side than they had.

• Like 1

And yet they still continue to market TK armor kits (link here) using an "Interest List".  Shameful, especially at $1200.00 a pop, and that doesn't include boots or a blaster.  I remember buying mine for $300.00.

Side note:  The Mouse has to make a profit, of course.  The last time I was there (earlier this year) they had a full set of FOTK armor for only $6615.00 (sans weapon).  I came THIS close, lol.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Side note:  The Mouse has to make a profit, of course.  The last time I was there (earlier this year) they had a full set of FOTK armor for only $6615.00 (sans weapon).  I came THIS close, lol.

I'm pretty certain that was the statue, I don't recall armor ever being available through any mouse locations, only the helmets and some soft costumes. 

54 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

And...just like that...all hope is lost:P  

but there’s still some hope...in stock disclamer, the FO are supposedly in production :icon_beg:B)

That's funny :laugh1:

Some here may recall after Anovos lost their license roughly 30+ kits that were sitting in a warehouse in China (Anovos owed a huge debt to and couldn't pay, shocker) all of a sudden were up for sale by a 3rd party. I found out who that 3rd party was and politely gave them a little flack because of the folks who were losing their arse. The armor sales and the individual all but disappeared. From time to time a kit shows up out of nowhere. Is it one of the 30+, or a older Alpha/Beta kit someone had sitting in their garage? Who knows

If Anovos began producing armor again it will be a cold day in hell. I better keep a jacket around just in caser I have to eat my words :laugh1: That said, someone has the SW armor manufacturing hardware, somewhere.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheSwede said:

And...just like that...all hope is lost:P  

but there’s still some hope...in stock disclamer, the FO are supposedly in production :icon_beg:B)

I truly hope for the benefit of all those that payed hard earned money to this company, that you are correct and balance is restored. It would be the right thing for Anovos to do.

This is another class action underway so hopefully there may still be some hope for some, if there's enough bickies left in the Anovos cookie jar

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I truly hope for the benefit of all those that payed hard earned money to this company, that you are correct and balance is restored. It would be the right thing for Anovos to do.

Well...truth be told I don’t expect much at this point, I just hope :icon_beg: like the rest that’s been waiting for a kit.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...