ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Received that too, I still can't believe they have the gall to continue offering products to those people who have yet to be supplied outstanding orders, bit of a slap in the face and not helping with what little image they have left.

This is not a new order opening up. They are just selling the spots of the people that have canceled out of the first run.

This is still the first and only run that they are doing of this costume. Yes, I am just as pissed since I still have one on order but this isn't bumping me or anyone that is still waiting, just selling the slots that have gone vacant.

I’m new to the site and have been reading along. 

Question: It may not be known, but in regards to the FOTK orders, how many runs have they done and how many have actually shipped?

I can understand a company having material or production issues but I’m always a fan of filling my customers in on exactly what I’m dealing with so they know I’m being honest. As a customer myself, I always feel way better when I think I’m at least in the loop as much as my supplier is.

So if you’re saying they’re taking new ‘pre-orders’ now and just filling up the old slots, what do you think the likelyhood of receiving a FOTK TLJ standard armor only kit would be if you order it now? Would you possibly jump right in on the current 2019 Pre-2019 and actually take delivery in the mentioned Q4 delivery dates?

I only ask because I’m a noob and jumped in too soon without research and ordered not long ago. Hence what led me to this group. 

Seems possible but from what I’ve been reading I might be along for the ride on a wagon that’s been cruising down the road for quite a while... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krisko720 said:

I’m new to the site and have been reading along. 

Question: It may not be known, but in regards to the FOTK orders, how many runs have they done and how many have actually shipped?

I can understand a company having material or production issues but I’m always a fan of filling my customers in on exactly what I’m dealing with so they know I’m being honest. As a customer myself, I always feel way better when I think I’m at least in the loop as much as my supplier is.

So if you’re saying they’re taking new ‘pre-orders’ now and just filling up the old slots, what do you think the likelyhood of receiving a FOTK TLJ standard armor only kit would be if you order it now? Would you possibly jump right in on the current 2019 Pre-2019 and actually take delivery in the mentioned Q4 delivery dates?

I only ask because I’m a noob and jumped in too soon without research and ordered not long ago. Hence what led me to this group. 

Seems possible but from what I’ve been reading I might be along for the ride on a wagon that’s been cruising down the road for quite a while... 

To answer your question, they have only done 1 official run and it has never shipped except for a a couple kits a few months ago.

Unofficially they did a few Alpha and Beta runs back in 2015 of only a few kits for PR that were only available to a few 501st members.

Given that they still have not delivered orders from back in 2016 and that is supposed to be the first people that get them chances are slim to none at this point. 

As far as if you were to order today as part of the new 2019 pre-order we can only guess at this point but a best guess would be that you would receive it anywhere from next year to never.

In all honesty there is no reason to spend a dime with them until they can actually prove that they are shipping items. You are much better of going with a maker from here that is actually shipping armor reliably like Jimmiroquai.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 2

What mikidymac said is right on point. There is no real precedence for the reliability that the kits will ship Q4 2019. This constant push of dates and delays has been going on every month and year that the kits have been on “production”. I would recommend ordering from another trusted company.

I pre-ordered my standard kit with no helmet back in September 2016. I remember even back then, Anovos didn’t really have much positive reviews. The whole delay thing was part of their company core from the get-go. Original kits took like 4 years(correct me if I’m wrong).

I’ve been on this ride with anovos for as long as I can remember. We have never actually gotten any real responses or updates that seemed trustworthy. At this point, I’m past being angry and now awaiting for the day they deliver so that I can be surprised that they actually did deliver. If that day doesn’t come, shame on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, JonnieBear said:

What mikidymac said is right on point. There is no real precedence for the reliability that the kits will ship Q4 2019. This constant push of dates and delays has been going on every month and year that the kits have been on “production”. I would recommend ordering from another trusted company.

I pre-ordered my standard kit with no helmet back in September 2016. I remember even back then, Anovos didn’t really have much positive reviews. The whole delay thing was part of their company core from the get-go. Original kits took like 4 years(correct me if I’m wrong).

I’ve been on this ride with anovos for as long as I can remember. We have never actually gotten any real responses or updates that seemed trustworthy. At this point, I’m past being angry and now awaiting for the day they deliver so that I can be surprised that they actually did deliver. If that day doesn’t come, shame on me.

Yeah.. shame on me for not doing the proper research. 

I at least have a helmet coming Friday, found a lined standard ANOVOS FOTK TLJ version from a private individual on eBay. I suppose I’ll just start on some helmet mods and start collecting soft goods. Worst case I’ll just buy the armor elsewhere to have something to build and sell the ANOVOS kit if/when it comes in. 

So terrible to hear you guys have been waiting for so long. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikidymac said:

This is not a new order opening up. They are just selling the spots of the people that have canceled out of the first run.

This is still the first and only run that they are doing of this costume. Yes, I am just as pissed since I still have one on order but this isn't bumping me or anyone that is still waiting, just selling the slots that have gone vacant.

I know but perhaps they could take the time to NOT send it out to people already on a wait list for products well overdue, they should know who are purchasers and who are just on an interest list, this also happened for the FOTK armor ;) 

• Like 1

@Krisko720, ANOVOS' old business model served them well at the time. They did Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica stuff for a fairly small clientele, those being much more niche properties. They would announce a product to gauge interest before a single erg was exerted on R&D. They would offer deep discounts on the eventual retail price to an early batch, less to a couple successive tiers, and then use that to fund production. Everyone knew they were in for a wait, and the company was fairly transparent about progress and setbacks.

Then they got the Star Wars license and everything went to hell. A lot was involved in what happened after, only some of which we know. Disney and LFL don't like their license-holders being as open about internal practices -- especially involving them -- as ANOVOS had tended to be. Some is known, though...

A lot of early prototyping was done with known unlicensed vendors. Then, at some point, they cut ties, took most of the prototypes, and transferred all remaining prototyping and R&D to China. They apparently did not do due-diligence in their hurry to stay on schedule and cut costs. Some combination of shady factories, language barriers, and economies of scale started screwing things up horribly. Their orders were small enough, they kept getting bumped down the schedule for bigger customers. Lackadaisical quality standards saw whole shipments reach the States with cheaper materials than contracted for (the factory pocketing the difference). At least one factory was one that has a record of holding clients' orders hostage.

Every time they've had to send something back for re-working or trying to get back on the schedule to re-do a substandard order, that's time and money they couldn't afford. And the same bad business decisions that led them to that point seem to have kept compounding things, to the point a class-action suit was filed and Disney appears to have likely stepped in to whip them into shape. ANOVOS have brought a large part of the manufacturing back States-side and product is starting to ship.

For those of us waiting for our FOTKs, the bulk of early production seems to be going to Disney. I've seen about half a dozen people receive theirs on here and Facebook, but I don't know how many people ordered who aren't involved with Star Wars costuming groups, so I don't know what percentage of kits shipped to customers that might be.

My takeaway is that it's in Disney's and LFL's interest to prop up ANOVOS and get them back on the rails. If they go under or lose the license, as with Icons, Master Replicas, PropShop, and Museum Replicas, anyone who comes along after them (if anyone even dares pick up such an apparently cursed license) would have to start from scratch. I have hung in because I want to see ANOVOS get their crap straightened out and succeed.

• Like 6

On 10/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, wilsoncai said:

Btw, Is it me or did the cloth Gasket as promised turned to Latex again?

image.png.4d7e34b260cf70471e0a6f07d48a43bb.png

:( maybe this is old news but I think i didn't get the memo. 

image.thumb.png.32839c357d0a8e494a17003eef9c5ed3.png

Some updates with regards to the gasket were talking about the other day. 

Reggie replied saying we are getting the cloth ones.. one good news.. now where's the email which says "please confirm your shipping address" LOL

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.32839c357d0a8e494a17003eef9c5ed3.png

Some updates with regards to the gasket were talking about the other day. 

Reggie replied saying we are getting the cloth ones.. one good news.. now where's the email which says "please confirm your shipping address" LOL

Next year confirmed shipping

Edit- I mean jokingly of course I don’t really know the truth. Lol probably not for a long long time tho

• Like 1

It was bad they missed the last movie with delivery but to miss the final in this trilogy, that’s just downright unforgivable.

When anyone asks it’s a big NO to aNOvos, you guys had more than a few chances and you flippantly threw them away.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kungfugrip12 said:

2019 Comic Cons have come and gone. Halloween has now come and gone. Reality is starting to set in that we wont get these kits for Rise of Skywalker either.......

Absolutely no chance we will have them by the premier. 

Anovos released a blog post about their new Mandalorian helmet. Looks like they're actually making progress here95270182849b2af8257c83b21777c74d.jpg&key=4280665e684c9d22df0a01ba1396975f9491b909ca424748f33d8206a1be6c75

Sent from my CLT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Sure, progress on something they announced a few months back and will make them some quick cash.

But when it comes to something they announced two years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

I would love to order the Mandalorian helmet and especially if it does ship but I just am not willing to spend another dime with them until they send my other items that they have failed over and over to deliver. 

Appears aNOvos can supply other things just not their pre orders

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Appears aNOvos can supply other things just not their pre orders
 =====

Ok this is cool but man that’s really messed up too ! But I would love to buy one of those sith troopers

Edited by gmrhodes13

Ok this is cool but man that’s really messed up too ! But I would love to buy one of those sith troopers

Anovos use to sell the TFA promo statues for around $10k. You still see them listen on eBay from time to time.

They never sold the TLJ Executioner statues. Not sure they’ll sell the ST either. Very expensive paperweights!

• Like 1

Anovos use to sell the TFA promo statues for around $10k. You still see them listen on eBay from time to time.

They never sold the TLJ Executioner statues. Not sure they’ll sell the ST either. Very expensive paperweights!

Lol well the price scared me off already

• Like 1

There are still three TFA statues on eBay if anyone wants such a paperweight, lol
dc81762a270625325440b05ec052c662.png&key=5896d5d9f9f41ef253b4fabed7b0164e3e89fefed4956564ad37fe738510a7a1
Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Oh looks nice and only nice it’s free to see photos tho so that’s even better wouldn’t be good in person lol with that price hahah