ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

I think showing the TLJ with split side Ab seams and over lap shoulders is a bit confusing. This won't be allowed

Didn't have access to folder pics, will update it shortly

TLJ Anovos

pYDUea1.png

TLJ

0gK8DfF.png

22 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Didn't have access to folder pics, will update it shortly

TLJ

pYDUea1.png

These are definitely incorrect. Anovos messed up as usual.

These are TLJ

13.jpg

15.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

The CRL's for both TFA and TLJ will be undergoing a review soon, there are specific differences between the armor and no doubt many of these will be bought up in the proposed updates as a lot more references are available since the CRL's had first been made.

Cod is definitely different and required for TLJ L2 EIB as most makers use the TFA design, the images below show the differences of those.

Image result for tfa cod difference whitearmor site:www.whitearmor.net

Forearms are also different (without digging for better images, the below show the difference)

TFA

gallery_14191_66_20288.jpg

TJL Anovos

pYDUea1.png

You may find this spreadsheet useful https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GBkXIfRs9lYW6vnhVjqdEv5oNdp2ToTs/view

Thanks. We’re in an interesting situation as most discussion focuses on taking a TFA kit and turning it into TLJ - whereas I want to go the opposite direction and take a TLJ kit and return it back to a TFA... fun times ahead - and I’m sure the CRL will be updated before Anovos actually ship anyway. 

1 minute ago, Hutt-trooper said:

Thanks. We’re in an interesting situation as most discussion focuses on taking a TFA kit and turning it into TLJ - whereas I want to go the opposite direction and take a TLJ kit and return it back to a TFA... fun times ahead - and I’m sure the CRL will be updated before Anovos actually ship anyway. 

Fun indeed lol

Correct Tony I should have said Anovos's TLJ Version but I was just comparing that to  the TFA ;) 

A side by side and no mater which version TFA or TLJ some rework will be needed on the Anovos forearms 

exdoTzF.png

• Like 1

I remembered the "stunt" "Finn" variation but even that's not the same that tapers and Anovos doglegs 

xYpINS5.pngpYDUea1.png

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Correct Tony I should have said Anovos's TLJ Version but I was just comparing that to  the TFA ;) 

A side by side and no mater which version TFA or TLJ some rework will be needed on the Anovos forearms 

No worries, been looking into how to remedy the issue which undoubtedly will require adding plastic IMHO.  

Just now, ukswrath said:

No worries, been looking into how to remedy the issue which undoubtedly will require adding plastic IMHO.  

Agreed and more filler or abs paste

• Like 1

One part Anovos abs armour to 6 parts car bog, glue and hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Might just see if KB would sell me just forearms, probably an easier solution.

Might not be a bad idea. Since you'll be painting it the ABS color won't matter. 

Recommend he start making "upgrade kits" of the parts needed for each. Cod and forearm rear pieces for TFA, for instance. I want to actually have stuff in hand before i hatch a plan of action, since that demo dress-up wasnt fully assembled but just stuck together for a quick-and-dirty picture.

3 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Recommend he start making "upgrade kits" of the parts needed for each. Cod and forearm rear pieces for TFA, for instance. I want to actually have stuff in hand before i hatch a plan of action, since that demo dress-up wasnt fully assembled but just stuck together for a quick-and-dirty picture.

It’s not just TFA though the forearms don’t match TLJ either, who knows what they used as reference for them

exdoTzF.png

They used Finn's forearms as reference which had 'mobility' cuts made to them. But they didn't replicate it quite properly either.

vlcsna19.jpg

Just be glad they didn't replicate the knocked off wrist boxes too.

Edited by The5thHorseman

14 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Might just see if KB would sell me just forearms, probably an easier solution.

Unless it’s changed, KB has the same feature.

KBs pic

CfXatNF.jpg

I reworked mine.

u8QtHCN.jpg

kM0w5Z7.jpg

v2hGjZi.jpg

1 hour ago, The5thHorseman said:

They used Finn's forearms as reference which had 'mobility' cuts made to them. But they didn't replicate it quite properly either.

Just be glad they didn't replicate the knocked off wrist boxes too.

Which means these are a one off making them unique to his costume like the helmet hand print, not the norm. Worthy oh their own CRL maybe?

Edited by ukswrath

16 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Unless it’s changed, KB has the same feature.

KBs pic

I reworked mine.

Well that stinks, hopefully KB has updated or plans to update his armor. Maybe have multiple options available

Edited by ukswrath

There are some pretty decent 3D files for the forearm. It’s one of the few parts of the kit I think could work as a print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

That's how I did mine and it just doesn't compare with the softness of vac-formed forearms. However, the area that Anovos removed does have the tendency to get in the way when you try to bend the arm. I guess the propmakers didn't think of that when they designed the stormtrooper armor for TFA. Which is probably why they reworked it later on for TLJ, and probably TROS.

dsc_3113.jpg

dsc_3112.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

Which is probably why they reworked it later on for TLJ, and probably TROS.] 

No rework for TROS just a clean and re-use of TLJ kits. All focus on new kits like the Sith and Biker troopers, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro