ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

$6,616.00 and yes it was for the full kit from what I understood. What I couldn't get anyone to answer is if was already assembled, ready to wear and came with all the soft goods. 

At that price it should be the completed premium version.

The real question is does it have the shoulder and side seams that aren’t 501st approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. Has anyone received a standard TLJ bucket yet from Anovos?

As in a pre-order? That’s a negative ghost rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 6/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, iceknyght said:

I was at GE on Tuesday and when I was leaving the First Order shop, I saw an employee walking into the shop with a Kylo helmet box.  I assume the helmet was inside and was just sold...  I know there are people in the Kylo FB group that have been waiting for those as well...

yeah I am one of them........  :(

21 hours ago, mikidymac said:

The real question is does it have the shoulder and side seams that aren’t 501st approved?

The display I saw had seams at the shoulders and at the side Ab, so yes this armor would not be 501st approvable in its current assembled state. Keep in mind not everyone that buys a costume wants to be apart of club, or even wear it. That said I'd imagine neither Disney, LFL or Anovos are too concerned about 501st requirements.  

• Like 1

"That said I'd imagine neither Disney, LFL or Anovos are too concerned about 501st requirements."

^^^THIS^^^

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

"That said I'd imagine neither Disney, LFL or Anovos are too concerned about 501st requirements."

^^^THIS^^^

I know, I was just wondering if this was the same armor that the pre-orders are getting. Sounds like it is according to Tony.

9 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I know, I was just wondering if this was the same armor that the pre-orders are getting. Sounds like it is according to Tony.

Actually I'm just assuming it is because the GE armor looks very similar if not exactly like what we've seen so far in build threads and other SM sites. The helmet is another matter, we know the helmets being sold at GE have interior padding. I have yet to see any TLJ helmets arrive outside what's being sold at GE so I can't comment on that. 

45 minutes ago, ImperialMarine778 said:

Any word of update on the lawsuit?  

I think you will find this situation is going to take some time to resolve. I understand there are many people who want answers but as this is a legal matter, it might take an extended period of time before we here any solid information.

I'd love to be wrong in that assumption so best we can do is patiently wait and rely on the info stream to filter through.

One very interesting post from Imgill over at the RPF:

ANOVOS picks up the high-end Star Wars Costuming License!

""

Some of the factories in China may have took the money and shipped Product that was substandard , so MORE money was needed to get another factory to do a new run, or have the original factory to re do it.

I have been quiet about this for a while, and have read many "arm chair" speculation. But perhaps some first hand info is in order.

I'm not sure how many companies "in China" Anovos is using, but the main one I know about does great work and it is not an issue of shipping sub-standard work, it is about not shipping any. This happens when you are owed six figures for work you have already done. The Chinese comapny, who specializes in high end collectibles and also produces props and costumes for film, does amazing work. They have made us a number of things and their work has been very good.

We (Global Effects Inc.) started doing work for ANOVOS in the beginning of 2015.
First prototyping the classic y-wing helmets to be used in Rouge One. Three unpainted helmets with liners were sent to the Rouge One production company and 2 were painted "as new". Anovos displayed one of these.

Eventually our deal was to produce any short run production (less than 100 pieces) items for ANOVOS and rework the First order suits, for eventually making 1000 - 1500 kits. They also had their US production staff headquartered at our North Hollywood facility.
We prototyped much of their Star Wars helmet line and many of the armor sets. (The pictures you see on their site) Boba Fett, Kylo Renn, Phasma, First order Tie Pilot, Snow Trooper, Classic Snow Trooper, X-wing Pilot, AT AT Pilot, plus some others.
We produced 50 each of Tie pilot, AT AT pilots, Snow Trooper and X-Wing pilot sets, hard goods and some soft goods. These were delayed several times because of ANOVOS management changing priorities and / or not supplying detail parts to us in sufficient quantities or on time. (Some of the small "found" parts were purchased and supplied by outside vendors) All of our completed sets were picked up from us in mid 16 or early 17.

We also completely retooled the First Order suits to make then easier to build, visually closer to production used suits (The original suits were cast urethane). We redesigned the gaskets so they actually bent and re engineered the leg suspension so the legs didn't want to rotate or drop when you walked. The helmets were injection molded by the company in China and were fantastic. (Much better than the film used helmets)
This prototype was painted gray here so you can see all the surfaces are smooth and the seams (panel gaps) small and parallel. (this prototype is missing mid drift boxes and belt.)

In 2016 we built over 100 First Order suits for ANOVOS with this new production tooling. These were to be used at Disney, Disney knew these were mass produced "costume" kits that were being modified for use on figures (Not walk around) and ANOVOS cut them a good deal. But after art director review, Disney decided they wanted higher detailed suits. Which in order to meet their new requirements, would have necessitated molds for fiberglass parts or cast parts, something ANOVOS told us they didn't want to do.

In all we did about 31/2 years worth of work for them and in the end we called it quits when payments became chronically late, we were redirected too many times on "in production items", and when ANOVOS cancelled the 1000 First Order Trooper kit order. This last one was quite a surprise, as in addition to having an invoice and down payment on this order, we had spent significant sums of money reworking the tooling for this order and Disney's order. We had greatly improved the kit from ANOVO's first version, lowered production costs substantially, gave them reliable delivery times and made the suit easier for the customer to build and all while being more accurate.
Eventually all of my advanced and "trick" vacuum forming tooling methods (all the tooling we made) were taken and handed to the Chinese company. The Chinese company was asked to improve the suits we made for the Disney projects and they told ANOVOS they couldn't make them any better. In looking at the images on the ANOVOS site, the premier kit looks like our suit, either one of our prototypes, or a Chinese made version of our suit.
So, for what it's worth, there is some first hand info on why ANOVOS may not be delivering product, at least from one vendors point of view.

""

Edited by The5thHorseman

""
Apollo said: Some of the factories in China may have took the money and shipped Product that was substandard , so MORE money was needed to get another factory to do a new run, or have the original factory to re do it.
I have been quiet about this for a while, and have read many "arm chair" speculation. But perhaps some first hand info is in order.

I'm not sure how many companies "in China" Anovos is using, but the main one I know about does great work and it is not an issue of shipping sub-standard work, it is about not shipping any. This happens when you are owed six figures for work you have already done. The Chinese comapny, who specializes in high end collectibles and also produces props and costumes for film, does amazing work. They have made us a number of things and their work has been very good.

We (Global Effects Inc.) started doing work for ANOVOS in the beginning of 2015.
First prototyping the classic y-wing helmets to be used in Rouge One. Three unpainted helmets with liners were sent to the Rouge One production company and 2 were painted "as new". Anovos displayed one of these.
  &key=ec7bb0df92040492dba8f46136e61e850f439b4f53d506cad285cfb4a935329e   &key=ab93a303dd460ebd3991680058dab2e4f070a2c1ae34c220a565fe29c9c330a7   &key=f98c84ae6f0c33c03ba859cce13a3fe54ded01989ecc36d0cfce64578e5a2b11

Eventually our deal was to produce any short run production (less than 100 pieces) items for ANOVOS and rework the First order suits, for eventually making 1000 - 1500 kits. They also had their US production staff headquartered at our North Hollywood facility.
We prototyped much of their Star Wars helmet line and many of the armor sets. (The pictures you see on their site) Boba Fett, Kylo Renn, Phasma, First order Tie Pilot, Snow Trooper, Classic Snow Trooper, X-wing Pilot, AT AT Pilot, plus some others.
We produced 50 each of Tie pilot, AT AT pilots, Snow Trooper and X-Wing pilot sets, hard goods and some soft goods. These were delayed several times because of ANOVOS management changing priorities and / or not supplying detail parts to us in sufficient quantities or on time. (Some of the small "found" parts were purchased and supplied by outside vendors) All of our completed sets were picked up from us in mid 16 or early 17.
  &key=a6ba0b7294d867e9137a1f7eb33d210467daac48afa88376935d84a1d542476b

We also completely retooled the First Order suits to make then easier to build, visually closer to production used suits (The original suits were cast urethane). We redesigned the gaskets so they actually bent and re engineered the leg suspension so the legs didn't want to rotate or drop when you walked. The helmets were injection molded by the company in China and were fantastic. (Much better than the film used helmets)
This prototype was painted gray here so you can see all the surfaces are smooth and the seams (panel gaps) small and parallel. (this prototype is missing mid drift boxes and belt.)
  &key=0aab5add2d694b7d4d470252b169eee8626fdcd91316d284db10b32ea24cab4d
In 2016 we built over 100 First Order suits for ANOVOS with this new production tooling. These were to be used at Disney, Disney knew these were mass produced "costume" kits that were being modified for use on figures (Not walk around) and ANOVOS cut them a good deal. But after art director review, Disney decided they wanted higher detailed suits. Which in order to meet their new requirements, would have necessitated molds for fiberglass parts or cast parts, something ANOVOS told us they didn't want to do.

In all we did about 31/2 years worth of work for them and in the end we called it quits when payments became chronically late, we were redirected too many times on "in production items", and when ANOVOS cancelled the 1000 First Order Trooper kit order. This last one was quite a surprise, as in addition to having an invoice and down payment on this order, we had spent significant sums of money reworking the tooling for this order and Disney's order. We had greatly improved the kit from ANOVO's first version, lowered production costs substantially, gave them reliable delivery times and made the suit easier for the customer to build and all while being more accurate.
Eventually all of my advanced and "trick" vacuum forming tooling methods (all the tooling we made) were taken and handed to the Chinese company. The Chinese company was asked to improve the suits we made for the Disney projects and they told ANOVOS they couldn't make them any better. In looking at the images on the ANOVOS site, the premier kit looks like our suit, either one of our prototypes, or a Chinese made version of our suit.
So, for what it's worth, there is some first hand info on why ANOVOS may not be delivering product, at least from one vendors point of view.

""

That was a very insightful post. It was great to see him so open to sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, The5thHorseman said:

ANOVOS picks up the high-end Star Wars Costuming License!

""

Some of the factories in China may have took the money and shipped Product that was substandard , so MORE money was needed to get another factory to do a new run, or have the original factory to re do it.

""

Thanks for sharing this Germain, I too am surprised and very pleased Imgill was so forth coming with the information.

Well, this is getting interesting. Gives me a feeling that mickey is not aware of what is going on internally (within disney) given they have renewed the contract. 

2 hours ago, LTM said:

Well, this is getting interesting. Gives me a feeling that mickey is not aware of what is going on internally (within disney) given they have renewed the contract. 

More like the Mouse doesn't care as long as they get their license fees and stock for Galaxy's Edge. 

Good info Germain:duim:.

It's been known for quite some time Anovos hasn't paid their Chinese supplier/s. That info came to some directly from sources inside Anovos, not arm chair info ;) Those of us that knew of the financial crisis before most did and also had some good intel that Anovos may not exist by the end of 2018, this source came directly from employees of Anovos, not arm chair info. To the surprise of many they'll made it through the end of the year and are now producing and selling merchandise again. Who, what, where are Anovos having these made? Who knows. 

I'm not cutting Anovos any slack here for reneging on their contract obligations but how many armors OTTK included, have some shady history in their development?  I'm not say it's right  I'm just stating what's fact ;).  

Moving forward, did I understand the above correctly, is the prototype the latest version FOTK? It's TFA that hasn't been made since, well 2015/16. 

Disney is obviously still being supplied by someone and the fact that they're selling Anovos labeled products, and just signed another 3 year contract with them, is a pretty good indication of what's currently going on however, that WOULD be considered arm chair speculation ;)

Anyway, if Anovos is indeed supplying Disney then hopefully they'll be pressured to quick supply their other customers, and that's what this thread is all about.

The most pertinent things I've seen lately surrounding the data black hole that's been bugging us for so long are:

- Disney's re-upped ANOVOS' license for another three years.

- Multiple people had previously contacted and gotten responses from LFL and Disney licensing folks, so all parties are aware of problems with ANOVOS.

- The latest on the class-action is the judge had ordered it to ADR -- Alternative Dispute Resolution. This means mediation between parties, and, I feel, is the best chance we all have of seeing ANOVOS not go under and take our money with them, and start getting back on their game.

Anything beyond that would be speculation on how exactly that would happen. The plaintiffs don't want customers' funds to vanish into a bankruptcy. Disney doesn't want the bad press. LFL wants to keep getting licensing fees, which they won't if ANOVOS fails, as -- after Icons, Master Replicas, Museum Replicas, and The PropStore, as well, before them -- I can't see anyone else being in a hurry to pick up that high-end costume/prop license. Thing's cursed.

My hunch is that the Mouse might float funds to get things caught up, while also sending people in to whip ANOVOS into shape on the business side of things. I can't see them being cool with being on the hook for refunding everyone if ANOVOS goes under or loses their license or otherwise won't be able to deliver all the ordered product, which is what the plaintiffs are asking -- that the customers be made whole, either in the form of the quality products they ordered in good faith, or in the form of full refunds if such won't be forthcoming. From a cost-benefit standpoint, it is more in their interest to prop ANOVOS up and turn things around. They stand a better chance of getting a return on that investment, particularly if restructuring is a condition of such.

Speculation, as I said, but not uninformed.

• Like 1

Oh, also, regarding Germain's posting of Global Effects' statement, I offer this vastly differing experience MovieFreak over on the RPF has had with his company's dealings with Chinese factories:

I agree with this statement. Working for a company who has licenses and deals with factories, I cannot tell you how many times you send a prototype paint master item for the factory to duplicate and they turn around and send you a production sample that is horrible. You then have to spend more time and money to get them to redo it, or as stated above, you find another factory.

Issues like that can also plays into long delays. We have a life size statue in the works.... we premiered it a year ago at SDCC, we then took feedback and had to have the head re-sculpted.... that was thousands of dollars right there. Then we shipped the new prototype to a factory.... thousands of dollars there. Cut to a year later, and the factory finally has a production sample for us to photograph and FINALLY put it up for pre-sale! WRONG!

The piece arrived, I look it over and the paint is horrible. It looks nothing like the paint master. What does that mean? Means we wait another 6-12 months for the factory to paint a new one and ship it to us to review. This factory blunder probably set us back another year. This happens way more often than you can imagine.

• Like 1

My previous post was to say that ANOVOS may or may not be using the factory that Imgill knows, and that others arent as good at doing stuff the way their clients want first try. Tried to edit to append that, but couldn't get a cursor past the quote block.

Any rate, for further edification Imgill later followed up with this:

In this case, the prototypes are exactly the ones you see on the preorder pages, whether made by us, or China. ANOVOS had 4 to 5 prototypes made each time. All for specific uses. These prototype samples were used for the whole production process, samples for approvals, samples for the factory, samples for paint, and samples for photos for advertising and trade shows.
As far as cost goes, based on our time producing prototypes and production articles, ANOVOS spend a great deal of time determining exactly what these pieces will cost, how long they will take and they have 2 or 3 dedicated employees just for quality control, who regularly made trips to China to over see the work at the factory. Sometimes there were delays getting items approved by IP holders, while this was rare, when it did happen, it could hold things up a couple of months.
Even with the on and off production of the pieces I mentioned earlier, we finished all of our production runs in less than a year. For each project, it was around 2 to 3 months from fabricating prototypes, approval of prototypes, tooling and finishing the production run. But, since we did not make all the pieces for a given item (We did not generally do the soft goods) I do not know if there was another delay with some other vendor.

So, No, as I witnessed, the delay was not lack of production resources or production planning (although this could have been improved) it seems to be too many things started at one time and not having the cash flow to keep all the wheels turning. there never seemed to be enough hours in a week to accomplish all the tasks the ANOVOS production team was asked to finish. Cash flow.
Even when you have "millions" of dollars to work with, keeping all your expenses covered, at the time needed, is a tricky thing. When you have that much money moving through a company, it only takes one big, unexpected bill, at an inopportune time, to cause a train wreck.
After 34 years of owning and running a company, I felt as though ANOVOS was burning through money on too many fronts.

Edited by Peregrinus
  • Like 1

We have an update:

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/star-wars-2019-q2-update

STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Order Stormtrooper Standard Kit With Helmet (Q3-Q4 2019)

These kits started shipping in Q2 2019 to very positive reviews. We have a mountain of orders still left to fulfill and our team is working in overdrive to ensure the vast majority of orders can be delivered by the end of Q3, with some kits delivering into Q4 2019.

• Like 1

The only positive is that they are shipping orders, still, I have only heard of a few that have received their FOTK kits. Let’s hope this trend is on an upward trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1