ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

2 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Copy, you're correct.

Depending on your skill level, it would probably be easier to pick up a TLJ helmet than try and modify any armor sections.

Well let's see....skill level 0 lol.  

So I guess the brass tax question for me is....based on the current CRL, and seam issues asside....Is it possible to be approved as TFA at basic level with this kit as is and a TFA helmet?  Or do I for sure need specific parts switched out? 

2 minutes ago, BlackFrown72 said:

Well let's see....skill level 0 lol.  

So I guess the brass tax question for me is....based on the current CRL, and seam issues asside....Is it possible to be approved as TFA at basic level with this kit as is and a TFA helmet?  Or do I for sure need specific parts switched out? 

If your garrisons GML (the person who approves your armor for 501st basic) is familiar with the FOTK (and they should be) they probably won't pass you. TLJ helmet should be worn with TLJ armor. That said, I would consult with them and also get their opinion on the matter.

Has anyone heard yet whether those of use who ordered our kits "plus helmet" will be getting the TFA (what I ordered) or TLJ (to match the armor as it actually is) version? If the latter, I want to contact ANOVOS and see if they can revise my order to armor-only, refund me the difference, and I'll put that toward one of their TFA helmets from the secondary market. Which would irk me, as I could've had helmet in hand long since if I'd've had to go that route.

For the TLJ-specific armor pieces, I'm strongly considering whether I want to ask folks with the Alpha or Beta kits who want to upgrade to TLJ if they want to swap cods and forearms (and maybe helmets, if necessary)... Or try to source TFA-accurate armor pieces from one of the vendors, and just deal with the lack of lineage... Or 3D print and scratch-build my own using the TLJ pieces as a starting point. *sigh*

3 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Has anyone heard yet whether those of use who ordered our kits "plus helmet" will be getting the TFA (what I ordered) or TLJ (to match the armor as it actually is) version? If the latter, I want to contact ANOVOS and see if they can revise my order to armor-only, refund me the difference, and I'll put that toward one of their TFA helmets from the secondary market. Which would irk me, as I could've had helmet in hand long since if I'd've had to go that route.

For the TLJ-specific armor pieces, I'm strongly considering whether I want to ask folks with the Alpha or Beta kits who want to upgrade to TLJ if they want to swap cods and forearms (and maybe helmets, if necessary)... Or try to source TFA-accurate armor pieces from one of the vendors, and just deal with the lack of lineage... Or 3D print and scratch-build my own using the TLJ pieces as a starting point. *sigh*

Just guessing here but I've only seen TLJ armor. I'm hoping Anovos knows to supply the correct helmet :laugh1:

On 5/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, Peregrinus said:

I asked Anovos that question specifically last week. They replied and said "as advised last year.." the kits are TLJ and will not ship with a TFA helmet (even if requested).

It will definitely be a TLJ helmet.

So much for their earlier email updates saying "you'll be able to build either version". More BS from Anovos.

I'd hoped they'd at least ship with both cod versions? But that's not happening. :(

• Like 2

Well they are ”funny”. I ordered without helmet as I already have a TFA one but then figured why not get a TLJ helmet so I can Troop both and I contacted Anovos asking if I could get a TLJ helmet as ad on to my order although it was a TFA kit and they said: Yes you can but we’d appreciate if you don’t mention this to anyone as you are the first person to be offered this and we are making this official after the holidays (read Christmas) I was worried I’d still end up with a TFA but I guess I don’t need to be now:P

• Like 1

I still haven't seen or heard anything from Anovos - other than those email newsletters. I ordered both basic buckets, so I'm wondering if I should just toss the TFA in an IKEA tower to display or try to return or sell off. I also have a neck-seal ordered that I no longer need, since I bought the Pinky's complete set since then. Which order placed time range is currently shipping? Can we add something to the first post, maybe a quick list or grid like this (I just threw in random data, since I don't know where we are right now) - 

Quarter Status
3Q16 Shipped
4Q16 Shipping
1Q17 Not Shipped
2Q17 Not Shipped
3Q17 Not Shipped
4Q17 Not Shipped
1Q18 Not Shipped
2Q18 Not Shipped
3Q18 Not Shipped
4Q18 Not Shipped
1Q19 Not Shipped
2Q19 Not Shipped

Thanks!

Edited by ultravtec757

I already had all my soft parts and helmet so I only ordered the basic standard kit. Armor, gaskets, belt. Gaskets are delayed and will be sent separate but, I have gaskets already as well so no bigs. 

Exactly! Other than the neck seal which is actually pretty nice all the their soft parts are garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While we're on the subject of gaskets - I'd like to get the quality non-Anovos set that most of you are talking about.  Pinky's gaskets are the ones to get right?

I mean since Anovos gaskets are delayed and from the pics they appear to be cloth (not rubber) I might as well. 

I am also one of the folks who ordered (and received) the TFA helmet from Anovos when I pre-ordered what was advertised as the TFA armor kit. Who sells a nice TLJ bucket kit? Looks like now I'll need that too.....

1 hour ago, kungfugrip12 said:

While we're on the subject of gaskets - I'd like to get the quality non-Anovos set that most of you are talking about.  Pinky's gaskets are the ones to get right?

I mean since Anovos gaskets are delayed and from the pics they appear to be cloth (not rubber) I might as well. 

I am also one of the folks who ordered (and received) the TFA helmet from Anovos when I pre-ordered what was advertised as the TFA armor kit. Who sells a nice TLJ bucket kit? Looks like now I'll need that too.....

In regards to gaskets. I'm definitely hearing Geeky pinks are the best right now. Also just as an FYI. I have heard rumblings, speculation, etc. That the TLJ gaskets may in fact be cloth or fabric gaskets. 

• Like 1

These are my gaskets from Fantasy Design.
0504190834.jpg.bc9881a339eb584a739476a2c833c326.jpg

Either Janine is back in business or you’ve been sitting in those bad boys for a long time...a lonnnnnnnng time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 hours ago, BlackFrown72 said:

Got my BBB today!!! 2 years and 7 months on the nose. 

Great news, looking forward to seeing the build

14 hours ago, kungfugrip12 said:

Since I'm one who ordered "with helmet", wanted the TFA version, will likely be getting the TLJ version if hints are accurate, and the TFA buckets are already hella expensive on the secondary market... if you wanted to swap whenever the heck my probably-TLJ helmet arrives, lemme know. I know their advertising photos of the TLJ helmet show something less than 100% accurate to the film prop. Maybe the finished product will nail it better, we'll see. But the offer's there.

9 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Since I'm one who ordered "with helmet", wanted the TFA version, will likely be getting the TLJ version if hints are accurate, and the TFA buckets are already hella expensive on the secondary market... if you wanted to swap whenever the heck my probably-TLJ helmet arrives, lemme know. I know their advertising photos of the TLJ helmet show something less than 100% accurate to the film prop. Maybe the finished product will nail it better, we'll see. But the offer's there.

Cool PM'ing you.......

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Anovos sure went quiet after celebration. Even their Live Chat has been down ever since then.

I'd say they had enough ear bashing at celebration ;) 

Anovos, get it together guys, you've had 4 years now and consumer confidence couldn't be lower.