ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

1 hour ago, mikidymac said:

I don't know how the CRL's are approved but will there be any consideration with the actual functionality of the costume? It seems to be a very big issue with the FOTK kits cracking on the shoulders since there are no seams. I know it doesn't look as  good but to account for constant cracking and repairs could the Basic CRL allow shoulder seams jus for useability? Obviously for Expert and Centurion no seams should remain.

This shouldn't be an issue since on the OT TK basic all kinds of discrepancies are allowed.

Whether people want to admit it or not the CRL today is an indication of what Disney and LFL think is an acceptable costume in public. The requirements at basic have only become more stringent since I've been in the legion, I can't imagine them going backwards. Regardless I'm remaining positive we'll be able to resolve these issues one way or another.

11 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Whether people want to admit it or not the CRL today is an indication of what Disney and LFL think is an acceptable costume in public. The requirements at basic have only become more stringent since I've been in the legion, I can't imagine them going backwards. Regardless I'm remaining positive we'll be able to resolve these issues one way or another.

I would be curious to see how the FO armor costumes at Disneyland/world are constructed. They looked incredible to me while they were marching around but I didn't look THAT close. They must be built (at least a little) for comfort and durability , being as the weather can be extreme (mostly hot) and they are getting daily repetitive use. Or maybe they are made as cheaply as possible and just chucked out when they start cracking at the yoke.

23 minutes ago, Tickle421 said:

I would be curious to see how the FO armor costumes at Disneyland/world are constructed. They looked incredible to me while they were marching around but I didn't look THAT close. They must be built (at least a little) for comfort and durability , being as the weather can be extreme (mostly hot) and they are getting daily repetitive use. Or maybe they are made as cheaply as possible and just chucked out when they start cracking at the yoke.

Seeing them up close on many ocassions they are very generic in their construction. Though they look great once you look closer you quickly realize they were made to serve a purpose, delight the fans and be durable. I would imagine they have quite a few of these on hand so when deficiencies do occur they are pulled out of circulation and repaired or disguarded. 

Edited by ukswrath

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

So here’s the campaign piece from Joe and Dana. Still expect they’ll be put over a barrel at SWCC.

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/complex-burden-of-accuracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The moderation on the comments still disgusts me. I’m pretty sure they have employees writing the ones they actually approve. 

• Like 2

The moderation on the comments still disgusts me.

I’m guessing that feedback isn’t the “inspirational” kind that Joe described

• Like 1

Seeing them up close on many ocassions they are very generic in their construction. Though they look great once you look closer you quickly realize they were made to serve a purpose, delight the fans and be durable. I would imagine they have quite a few of these on hand so when deficiencies do occur they are pulled out of circulation and repaired or disguarded. 

Yes they have a bunch in boxes and filled with each individual piece all the way up and they just grab an go and put it all together but I mean a bunch of armor pieces filled to the brink !!! Lol the armor is not comfy and it’s hot ! That’s why only 30 min in suit and then rotate the pieces are made very strong and durable as well but a lot is over sized like their buckets !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yes they do literally chick them out lol if anything is Brocken that’s small it gets thrown away and if your helmet is cracked they send it for repairs at a prop shop but they have a ton of replacement helmets lol it’s crazy how much they have in parts and also weapons !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I don't know how the CRL's are approved but will there be any consideration with the actual functionality of the costume? It seems to be a very big issue with the FOTK kits cracking on the shoulders since there are no seams. I know it doesn't look as  good but to account for constant cracking and repairs could the Basic CRL allow shoulder seams jus for useability? Obviously for Expert and Centurion no seams should remain.

This shouldn't be an issue since on the OT TK basic all kinds of discrepancies are allowed.

There are no seams on screen version so no seams in the CRL's, the costume is based of screen references not what is best for wearing or comfort or the way a manufacturer makes them. There are other sections which will need to be glued and filled also which I've gone in to in this thread like the sides of the ab section.

If you join and add support under the chest/yoke shoulder section this with reducing cracking, a lot was not known before the alpha kits had been built and what sections would get stressed but by time we beta's started assembly we added supports. Yes I still have a couple of cracks but that's from constantly flexing open to get your arms in, cracks can form in any armor even OT TK's ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tickle421 said:

They are not the best and you will be surprised the more research you do the more you will notice, anyone with an OT TK can't not look at A New Hope without noticing a lot of the armor issues in that movie, it's the same for TFA and TLJ as well as Disney troopers ;) 

You may notice though they try to keep the troopers with a uniformed size and height, makes swapping out pieces a lot easier if you are all one generic size

40 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

There are no seams on screen version so no seams in the CRL's, the costume is based of screen references not what is best for wearing or comfort or the way a manufacturer makes them. There are other sections which will need to be glued and filled also which I've gone in to in this thread like the sides of the ab section.

If you join and add support under the chest/yoke shoulder section this with reducing cracking, a lot was not known before the alpha kits had been built and what sections would get stressed but by time we beta's started assembly we added supports. Yes I still have a couple of cracks but that's from constantly flexing open to get your arms in, cracks can form in any armor even OT TK's ;) 

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the CRL and no seams because the movies didn't have seams but even on the OTTK's Basic level there is a lot of gray area that is allowed that was not screen accurate.

I am just saying that maybe seams could be allowed at Basic level since the general public will not notice and Basic is meant to be the minimum to get you in. Just like you can have overlap, butt and coverstrips on the Basic OTTK. Also Basic OTTK allows seams on the boots when the movie didn't have seams, EIB doesn't allow seams.

I have built all my stuff for Centurian level and that is what I personally will be going for but that being said I have seen some really poor armor get Basic approval so I am not sure the Basic FOTK should be so restrictive.

Either way there are going to be a lot of these kits flooding the market in the next few months/years and a large majority of them are going to be built by people that can't professionally paint them and completely hide the seams. I would hate for the 501st to be out of their reach. Honestly I would prefer to troop with some new excited members that have a few seams nobody will notice than none at all.

Edited by mikidymac

25 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the CRL and no seams because the movies didn't have seams but even on the OTTK's Basic level there is a lot of gray area that is allowed that was not screen accurate.

I am just saying that maybe seams could be allowed at Basic level since the general public will not notice and Basic is meant to be the minimum to get you in. Just like you can have overlap, butt and coverstrips on the Basic OTTK. Also Basic OTTK allows seams on the boots when the movie didn't have seams, EIB doesn't allow seams.

I have built all my stuff for Centurian level and that is what I personally will be going for but that being said I have seen some really poor armor get Basic approval so I am not sure the Basic FOTK should be so restrictive.

Either way there are going to be a lot of these kits flooding the market in the next few months/years and a large majority of them are going to be built by people that can't professionally paint them and completely hide the seams. I would hate for the 501st to be out of their reach. Honestly I would prefer to troop with some new excited members that have a few seams nobody will notice than none at all.

Well all I can say is there are a lot of approved FOTK's out there, all had to fill, sand and paint their armor, no matter what their abilities all are painted, the CRL's won't change to suit a manufacturers product no matter how many are out there, CRL's are based off screen references. ;) 

There are other options to paint, ABS paste can be applied, sanded and polished to give the look of seamless, so that's an option. I've seen some have success with using white silicon too.

24 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Well all I can say is there are a lot of approved FOTK's out there, all had to fill, sand and paint their armor, no matter what their abilities all are painted, the CRL's won't change to suit a manufacturers product no matter how many are out there, CRL's are based off screen references. ;) 

There are other options to paint, ABS paste can be applied, sanded and polished to give the look of seamless, so that's an option. I've seen some have success with using white silicon too.

I am not saying that the CRL should change per a manufacturer, I am saying that maybe basic shouldn't be so restrictive. That's all. THere are lots of EIB and Centurions too but that doesn't mean everyone has to be.

And the CRL for Basic on the OT TK isn't screen accurate in all aspects either. They are based on screen references. I think you are missing my point of at the Basic level;)

Edited by mikidymac

34 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

I am not saying that the CRL should change per a manufacturer, I am saying that maybe basic shouldn't be so restrictive. That's all. THere are lots of EIB and Centurions too but that doesn't mean everyone has to be.

And the CRL for Basic on the OT TK isn't screen accurate in all aspects either. They are based on screen references. I think you are missing my point of at the Basic level;)

I'm not missing your point at all but OT TK has gone under some changes over the years, as more references had become available changes had been made BUT some are still there from day one, a lot of information wasn't as easily available way back then BUT with the internet and social media also higher res images being released many more recent CRL's have been more screen accurate as we see with most costumes from TFA and TLJ they are based on what we know and screen images as I've said, the costumes and CRL's have become a lot more accurate compared to 20 years ago so there really isn't a comparison.

If A New Hope came out now I can definitely tell you the CRL would be a lot different to what we see now.

16 hours ago, mikidymac said:

If you were writing the OT CRLs today, overlap wouldn't be allowed, guaranteed.  As Q's said a lot of the OT stuff is that way because history and it takes a lot to get the changes to happen on the core, old CRLs in a way that would break compatibility for some of the older kits.

If you look back everything changes in 2012 when the blue ray release happened. All of a sudden there was a ton of high res reference and a huge influx of people.  One lead to better kits, the other lead to a lot of momentum that made it harder to change stuff.

It's also too easy to assume that the 501st is the only game in town.  Yes we bought a lot of the OT Anovos kits but I'd wager we were less than 50% and it's probably similar for the First Order ones.  The rest go to fans to troop with other less strict groups, fit on dummies in their hobby room, get worn twice at conventions or Halloween, or who knows what else they do with them.

• Like 1

Little bit of an update here.

I just chatted with one of the CS representatives that I have built up a little bit of a rapport with over the last 6 months and asked him about the newly shipping FOTK.

He said that one of the biggest issues it the manufacturer and their inconsistent shipping which somewhat matches with what we are seeing. Basically he said it was their understanding that they had been informed that the shipment had a good number of FOTK kits, the Kylo Ren costumes and some other odds and ends. However once it arrived a couple weeks ago there were only a few FOTK kits, probably why we are hearing the 40-50 number being thrown around, the Rey costumes (not Klyo) and some of the Star Trek items.

It also sounds like the FOTK kits will be trickling in rather slowly. I told him that I was at the end of the pre-order right before it closed and he told me I was more than likely looking at August.

WOW! August? That is a long way from "Completion by Celebration".

You would think at this point they would have an Anovos employee in China actually verifying what is and isn't being shipped if the manufacturers are that inconsistent but I have no Idea how the overseas manufacturing works.

Edited by mikidymac

Whilst there may be some truth to this, it’s very hard to believe. There is no way that a container can ship from China to the USA without some sort of shipping itinerary. If not for customs, then for the supplier and receiver. Items sent need to be accountable for. It sounds like another tale from Anovos. 

What they should have done, when the last window expired 3 weeks ago, was to come clean with everybody. 

I can only speak for myself, but even if they said it was another few months, I’d wait. I’ve waited this long anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Lee_C_77 said:

Whilst there may be some truth to this, it’s very hard to believe. There is no way that a container can ship from China to the USA without some sort of shipping itinerary. If not for customs, then for the supplier and receiver. Items sent need to be accountable for. It sounds like another tale from Anovos. 

What they should have done, when the last window expired 3 weeks ago, was to come clean with everybody. 

I can only speak for myself, but even if they said it was another few months, I’d wait. I’ve waited this long anyway. 

I can confirm that a full shipping manifest of exactly what is in the container is required as part of entry by CBP and you are looking at serious problems if you get caught.  

More pre-Celebration rhetoric. They’re really covering all bases. 

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/straight-talk-about-shipping

So if I read that correctly they didn't have enough staff to get orders out before and they aren't going to add more staff to get shipments out and only ship on Monday and Wednesday so...... nothing is going to change?  

It still doesn't explain why something in stock should take 10-14 days to process even with a small staff only shipping on Monday and Wednesday, remember this is processing, not actually shipping it out the door.

I especially like their fake comments by Anovos employees...

Kevin T. Kolbe said:

My experience with you guys has always been pretty good. One minor quibble (you didn’t put captains rank braids on a red velour female TOS dress), but it was an “Uhura” style anyway (and my wife doesn’t really care). So it wasn’t a big deal. Your shipping is usually pretty close to estimate, and your quality is about as good as it gets. There are a LOT of con artists out there (individuals AND companies with websites)-ANOVOS is NOT one of them! You guys are top notch!

Really?

When has their shipping ever been close to estimates?

Not con artists like a lot of other companies? I sure hope they come through.

Edited by mikidymac

Wonder what gaskets will really ship? 

I just noticed the Pre-2019 orders shows the Latex gaskets but if you look at the Post 2019 pre-orders it says cloth gaskets. The cloth ones shown on the new pictures look horrible.