ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Can’t hurt to have spares - yeah I went for the whole lot:smiley-sw013:
ZSM66Zb.jpg&key=4e411ae3d743410a4ccb954ea990a68901a08b9b461e7368d20971384712e1d1

Hilarious! Selling pre-order replacement parts before delivering actual kits. They truly just jumped the shark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Hilarious! Selling pre-order replacement parts before delivering actual kits. They truly just jumped the shark!

Yeah I guess they had alot of spare sets from all the people cancelling although Anovos claims not many hadB)

• Like 3

Anovos management is full of crap. Remember two years ago when they told us the same BS and how they were going to stop pre-orders and start only selling things in stock?

I don’t believe they are going to change anything but I hope they do.

1 minute ago, mikidymac said:

Anovos management is full of crap. Remember two years ago when they told us the same BS and how they were going to stop pre-orders and start only selling things in stock?

I don’t believe they are going to change anything but I hope they do.

As the ole saying goes "The more things change the more they remain the same"

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, ukswrath said:

I don't think Anovos is too concerned whether the armor is 501st approvable out of the box. Obviously they have another priorities, like sales. And technically they're correct this armor doesn't need paint, it's white and the resin pieces are white. What they're not telling buyers is if they plan on seeking to join the 501st modifications will need to performed.

That said not everyone buying one these costumes, or any other costume from any supplier is planning on joining the 501st. 

I DEFINITELY want to be 501st approved. Its been a goal of mine ever since I started doing research, seeing you guys in the community (shoutout to 501ner), started working my other star wars  costumes, and going to cons. I sincerely hope that when our kits do finally arrive that you all will share exactly the mods needed to make the anovos kit 501st approvable.  

4 hours ago, kungfugrip12 said:

I DEFINITELY want to be 501st approved. Its been a goal of mine ever since I started doing research, seeing you guys in the community (shoutout to 501ner), started working my other star wars  costumes, and going to cons. I sincerely hope that when our kits do finally arrive that you all will share exactly the mods needed to make the anovos kit 501st approvable.  

We're working on it :duim:

On 4/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, ukswrath said:

Copy. though I was referring to the instructions not your build. Other builders need to understand this is incorrect as I suspect other assembly areas will not be correct.

Right. Kinda what I was getting at -- the sooner there's something up showing how to address that area, the sooner it can be pointed to to help out people who don't realize.

Specifically the cod , though not entirely screen accurate because of how the armor was designed

Trust me, I have gone through your build thread a good half-dozen times to to get some things burned into memory -- and I know I will again once I have actual armor pieces to mess around with. I meant specifically I'll be looking for people's approaches to turning the TLJ cod into the TFA cod. I'd rather, if it's at all possible.

46651644785_b362a7eb4c_m.jpg

I'd rather not have to source a TFA cod separately. I'm also going to be looking at how resilient the resin for the ab/belt boxes is and how tricky it'll look to be to hollow them out further. If I have to source plastic ab/belt boxes, I may do the cod, too, if modding the included one would be too difficult or too likely to crack. The fan builders are good, but I like the lineage of the ANOVOS kit. I'll cede the latter if I have to, but grudgingly.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:05 AM, TheSwede said:

Yeah I guess they had alot of spare sets from all the people cancelling although Anovos claims not many hadB)

I'm confused on what I'm getting. for $600 you get the whole armor? so gaskets, velcro,screws and snaps are the other $250? Hopefully all those that paid for full sets will get them before they start parting them out. I'm thinking that its a high margin product once the bucks are paid for so perhaps they are just digging out of the hole they seem to be in?

Anyway, I prefer the TLJ helmet and have one on order so I for one am relieved its a TLJ codpiece.

18 minutes ago, Peregrinus said:

Right. Kinda what I was getting at -- the sooner there's something up showing how to address that area, the sooner it can be pointed to to help out people who don't realize.

Trust me, I have gone through your build thread a good half-dozen times to to get some things burned into memory -- and I know I will again once I have actual armor pieces to mess around with. I meant specifically I'll be looking for people's approaches to turning the TLJ cod into the TFA cod. I'd rather, if it's at all possible.

I'd rather not have to source a TFA cod separately. I'm also going to be looking at how resilient the resin for the ab/belt boxes is and how tricky it'll look to be to hollow them out further. If I have to source plastic ab/belt boxes, I may do the cod, too, if modding the included one would be too difficult or too likely to crack. The fan builders are good, but I like the lineage of the ANOVOS kit. I'll cede the latter if I have to, but grudgingly.

Misunderstood your original COD comment, thanks for the correction. You'll need to apply the same logic to the forearms, TFA forearms were a bit longer than the TLJ. I assume also you plan on modding the TLJ helmet they send you also or do you already have a TFA? Regardless looking forward to your build :jc_doublethumbup:

36 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I assume also you plan on modding the TLJ helmet they send you also or do you already have a TFA?

When I ordered it, I ordered "Star Wars, The Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper armor" and selected the "with standard helmet" option. I have let them know through e-mail and chat, since seeing the test pulls, that what they advertised was TFA armor, not TLJ armor. I ordered TFA, I want TFA. Bad enough I now have to figure out what to do for the cod and forearms, but if they alter the helmet to the TLJ version without communication or approval from me, I'm going to raise a little hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrinus said:

It can be done it's just a bit of work, a sheet of abs plastic, some heat, a little bondo and your on your way. I've been hoping that some of the makers of armor would start offering both types of cods, I had to make my own TLJ version for higher level approval. If I had someone local with a vac former I'd go the extra mile and make this one into a plug and start making some lighter ones. 

Perhaps when we update the CRL it will reflect the fact that both versions of the cod should be suitable for TLJ given the reference we have available to confirm this.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Perhaps when we update the CRL it will reflect the fact that both versions of the cod should be suitable for TLJ given the reference we have available to confirm this.

Possible but Jonah is referring to fact he ordered a TFA, there's no mistaking what the screen armor was using at that time. 

2 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

When I ordered it, I ordered "Star Wars, The Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper armor" and selected the "with standard helmet" option. I have let them know through e-mail and chat, since seeing the test pulls, that what they advertised was TFA armor, not TLJ armor. I ordered TFA, I want TFA. Bad enough I now have to figure out what to do for the cod and forearms, but if they alter the helmet to the TLJ version without communication or approval from me, I'm going to raise a little hell.

They told me they would offer both helmets but would not say anything when I pressed them about cods.

So far what do the experts think?

If your goal with this kit is to join the 501st, is it going to be easier to shoot for TFA or TLJ approval?

I like this question cuz I’m in the same boat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, DancerRonin said:

If your goal with this kit is to join the 501st, is it going to be easier to shoot for TFA or TLJ approval

I'm not an expert but I do have an beta Anovos kit, I've not had one of the new kits in my hands yet to check the differences but if Anovos are shipping these kits as TLJ then I'd gather that is what they would be easier to be approved as.

At the moment there aren't many difference in the CRL's between TFA and TLJ, helmet being the obvious main difference, with both CRL's it's acceptable to use the TFA cod piece, but that being said this may change, when the CRL's had been made there wasn't an armor maker offering a TLJ cod but for higher levels a TLJ version was needed so some made their own as did I. So could you use a TLJ cod for TFA?, perhaps I don't think many GML's would pick that but I would suggest it would be noticed for higher level clearance. If you really want to get picky there are quite a few minor differences in the versions so it just depends on what will be reviewed and changed in the future, CRL's are on this years calendar for a review so I'd keep an eye on the boards as well as check the CRL's while building ;) 

• Like 1

I still heard absolutely nothing from anovos so far.  In regards to the facebook post, I find it extremely odd that only one person has posted such thing.  I thought they ship in waves.  Also it was right around april fools week.  The guy posting it could’ve just had an alpha/beta kit and printed the cover poster.  If it was an april fools joke, then I feel it’s absolutely bad taste considering how long everyone has been waiting.  If it is real however, how did it happen?  It has been bad news for the past 3 years for this kit so any good news feels suspicious at this point.  

I still heard absolutely nothing from anovos so far.  In regards to the facebook post, I find it extremely odd that only one person has posted such thing.  I thought they ship in waves.  Also it was right around april fools week.  The guy posting it could’ve just had an alpha/beta kit and printed the cover poster.  If it was an april fools joke, then I feel it’s absolutely bad taste considering how long everyone has been waiting.  If it is real however, how did it happen?  It has been bad news for the past 3 years for this kit so any good news feels suspicious at this point.  

There are two confirmed recipients both with with varying pictures to share.

How it happened? Who knows!!!!

Just as odd is the fact that two people I know received their black Rank Pauldrons in early March and we’ve heard no other reports since.

1 hour ago, ImperialMarine778 said:

Confirming it's not an alpha/beta kit, the one shown has updated pieces that where definitely not in the early sets. 

Remember not everyone who has purchased are members, many are from the public, some may also be recruits who have not yet joined some of the FB groups or FISD. Just because they're not posted on FB doesn't mean there aren't more out there.

There seems no rules with Anovos with shipping, I ordered my beta then a friend I had told about the beta run ordered his a few weeks later, months went by and he received his kit while mine took another 3 weeks :blink: I asked why and never got a clear answer only "it's how it left the shipping/sorting facility" 

8 hours ago, DancerRonin said:

If your goal with this kit is to join the 501st, is it going to be easier to shoot for TFA or TLJ approval?

It won't matter what they ship TFA or TLJ. What is clear is areas like the shoulders for example will need to be assembled correctly to gain 501st approval, unless CRLs are down graded which I don;t see happening. That said I encourage new (FOTK) costume owners not to fret. The FISD and it's members have been down this path before with success and we'll make sure you get there also :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Remember not everyone who has purchased are members, many are from the public, some may also be recruits who have not yet joined some of the FB groups or FISD. Just because they're not posted on FB doesn't mean there aren't more out there.

There seems no rules with Anovos with shipping

Exactly! 

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

It won't matter what they ship TFA or TLJ. What is clear is areas like the shoulders for example will need to be assembled correctly to gain 501st approval, unless CRLs are down graded which I don;t see happening. That said I encourage new (FOTK) costume owners not to fret. The FISD and it's members have been down this path before with success and we'll make sure you get there also :jc_doublethumbup:

I don't know how the CRL's are approved but will there be any consideration with the actual functionality of the costume? It seems to be a very big issue with the FOTK kits cracking on the shoulders since there are no seams. I know it doesn't look as  good but to account for constant cracking and repairs could the Basic CRL allow shoulder seams jus for useability? Obviously for Expert and Centurion no seams should remain.

This shouldn't be an issue since on the OT TK basic all kinds of discrepancies are allowed.