ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

2 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Well at this rate I won't expect to see my kit for a while I suppose, I ordered on May 4, 2017.

Here's to hoping for the best :pint1:

• Like 1

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/meeting-expectations-a-letter-from-anovos-to-our-customers?comment=23592206429#comments

My thoughts are this is more of the same we have seen for over 2 years. The time for words has passed and people we’d to see actions.  

This statement comes way too late and is well timed ahead of Celebration. They know they are in the firing line.

Anyone planning to go to the panel they’re talking on next Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

25 minutes ago, JAFO said:

This statement comes way too late and is well timed ahead of Celebration. They know they are in the firing line.

Anyone planning to go to the panel they’re talking on next Friday?

Are you serious???? Anovos has the moxie to hold a panel at CELEBRATION?????? People are going to rip them to shreds.......I mean I have been waiting (like most of you since 2016 for this kit, and I have been waiting for other star wars items to ship as well) I keep the faith but its tough.  I hope you guys record the panel or post highlights to this thread. I'll be all waiting to hear what happens. 

I see they have a booth but they are not listed as an event/panel according to the celebration schedule I see. 

Edited by kungfugrip12
  • Like 1

Are you serious???? Anovos has the moxie to hold a panel at CELEBRATION?????? People are going to rip them to shreds.......

To be clear, they are not hosting a panel but are guests on a panel. Friday at 1.30pm I think.

31 minutes ago, JAFO said:

To be clear, they are not hosting a panel but are guests on a panel. Friday at 1.30pm I think.

Hosts, guests, I suspect they will get an earful regardless. 

Due to the many recent delays for preorders, Anovos sent this letter out to their customers and I thought it'd be interesting to share with you all today.

The letter just mainly talks about how Anovos will start changing how they function in order to improve their customer service; how they will do this I do not know.

Link: https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/meeting-expectations-a-letter-from-anovos-to-our-customers

Hope this helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil said:

why not just buy from someone else plenty of good makers out there

Some want the only officially licensed armor. Maybe they enjoyed their ANH kits, and want to support the maker. The kits were also advertised that they could be assembled without painting. Others saw $600 FOTK kit in ABS as a good deal. Plenty of reasons to go with Anovos, just as there are plenty of reasons to go with others, like Jimmi or KB or Diversity. 

The kits were also advertised that they could be assembled without painting.

That they were, and they still can be. Approval might just be an issue

• Like 1

Great to see a second kit arrive. Looked like it has soft parts too.

That’s great ! Super cool hopefully some one starts building I really am curious to see better pictures especially of the soft parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say the same thing her as I did on the RPF... ANOVOS is, I guarantee, 537% aware customers aren't happy. I figure in addition to the letter they're going to have something to say during the panel before they open the mic to questions. I expect, intended to forestall some of the ire.

I dont know if all the panels at Celebration are subject to the lottery ReedPop is doing, or just some. Folks who are going (sold my passes in disgust a month ago out of sheer underwhelm at the program and guest list that was shaping up, not to mention the fiasco of the room blocks), maybe make sure y'all can get in sooner than later. And I implore anyone who makes it in and up to the mic... Firmness is good, don't let them wriggle out with a canned answer -- but be respectful, and hold the anger back. More is likely to be gained from establishing a dialog (that has been so missing!) than throwing them on the defensive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phil said:

As mentioned already some wanted the licensed accuracy, but I would wager most buyers have had open orders with Anovos for a long time, some for more than 2+ years, some even longer than DP or KB have been officially been selling kits.  

16 hours ago, JTninja said:

The kits were also advertised that they could be assembled without painting. 

Correct and apart from the resin pieces which need painting the armor can be assemble without paint, it just can't be 501st approved going on current CRL's ;) 

It's one of the questions I have pestered Anovos about over the last few years, "exactly how is the kit changed so it doesn't need paint as the alpha and beta kits did" and the same reply "they can be assemble without paint" :laugh1:

17 hours ago, phil said:

Well you could but Anovos is made from plastic, it's a little bit more durable than fibreglass or 3D printed material, also a higher level of accuracy and lighter than other makers kits.

It comes down to a personal choice and others have already purchased from other vendors and been very happy (even though some of those are still waiting for their Anovos kits to arrived ;))

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It's one of the questions I have pestered Anovos about over the last few years, "exactly how is the kit changed so it doesn't need paint as the alpha and beta kits did" and the same reply "they can be assemble without paint" :laugh1:

I don't think Anovos is too concerned whether the armor is 501st approvable out of the box. Obviously they have another priorities, like sales. And technically they're correct this armor doesn't need paint, it's white and the resin pieces are white. What they're not telling buyers is if they plan on seeking to join the 501st modifications will need to performed.

That said not everyone buying one these costumes, or any other costume from any supplier is planning on joining the 501st. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

That said not everyone buying one these costumes, or any other costume from any supplier is planning on joining the 501st. 

Exactly as I've been saying since initial images of the kits had been posted, as long as those wishing 501st approval are informed they do need some work and paint ;) 

• Like 1