ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Misery loves company....... I am waiting on two items - Kylo Ren Helmet and FOTK kit. Last update I was given on the Kylo was Winter 2020. The FOTK I am eagerly awaiting any news like everyone else on this thread. 

I joined the Anovos FOTK FB group as well. At least one person received the kit. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kungfugrip12 said:

Misery loves company....... I am waiting on two items - Kylo Ren Helmet and FOTK kit. Last update I was given on the Kylo was Winter 2020. The FOTK I am eagerly awaiting any news like everyone else on this thread. 

I joined the Anovos FOTK FB group as well. At least one person received the kit. 

I jumped on the FOTK kit within minutes of receiving the "exclusive" offer to get a kit due to cancellations. Still hoping I get one of the kits being trimmed and not bumped to the next run scheduled for next winter. That being said, no word on my TLJ helmet now 2 weeks past shipping window AND I really need to build my OT kit and helmet I got from Anovos a year ago , so waiting a bit more is ok with me. Just wish they were more communicative and just gave us the hard truth as in "we promised we'd trim them and we have a team of 2 trimming 600 kits, should be done Winter of 2020".....or whatever that truth may be.

1 hour ago, Tickle421 said:

I jumped on the FOTK kit within minutes of receiving the "exclusive" offer to get a kit due to cancellations. Still hoping I get one of the kits being trimmed and not bumped to the next run scheduled for next winter. That being said, no word on my TLJ helmet now 2 weeks past shipping window AND I really need to build my OT kit and helmet I got from Anovos a year ago , so waiting a bit more is ok with me. Just wish they were more communicative and just gave us the hard truth as in "we promised we'd trim them and we have a team of 2 trimming 600 kits, should be done Winter of 2020".....or whatever that truth may be.

I am honestly not sure if Anovos even know the difference between their lies and the truth anymore. I know for a fact their customer service department isn't given that info.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I am honestly not sure if Anovos even know the difference between their lies and the truth anymore. I know for a fact their customer service department isn't given that info.

Unfortunately you see this with a lot of companies, for some reason they just won't come clean and say there's a delay, rather to leave people in the dark. I would have though 4 years on they would have learnt but we encountered the same issues in 2015 and they are still treating customers the same.

It's great to see some kits being received and I would hope the majority of orders will be fulfilled soon.

I do have a chuckle when I see a preview email from them now, do they really think there is confidence out there to "pre order" after all that's gone on recently ;) 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited that Anovos is shipping some kits, that the actually do have a real product and hope mine will arrive sooner than later but when there are hundreds on order and 3 years later they ship out a very few incomplete kits I can't help but still be more than a little frustrated with them still.

I am still cheering for them to come through but talk about coming out with a fizzle and not a bang.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited that Anovos is shipping some kits, that the actually do have a real product and hope mine will arrive sooner than later but when there are hundreds on order and 3 years later they ship out a very few incomplete kits I can't help but still be more than a little frustrated with them still.

I am still cheering for them to come through but talk about coming out with a fizzle and not a bang.

Was exactly the same with the beta kits, shipping pieces separately, although helmet, soft parts and gaskets where first back then, which really was not help as all the work was in the armor ;) 

18 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Was exactly the same with the beta kits, shipping pieces separately, although helmet, soft parts and gaskets where first back then, which really was not help as all the work was in the armor ;) 

I received my kit is 3 shipments and with most the Beta group.

• Like 1

That may be true but these were promised as complete kits years ago during the pre order and all the way up to the non-existent March 19 date. So really there is no good excuse to only ship the plastic pieces.

And how many years ago did the Alpha and Beta kits ship? Plenty of time to get all the other stuff ready especially when they made completely new bucks and other delays. All these other parts should have been ready and waiting since they redesigned and delayed the abs parts.

I am hoping the gaskets were delayed because they don't look so great in the pics, all baggy and not very "gaskety" like a neck seal, and that they are fixing them. Gaskets are available elsewhere by folks with good product and reputation. Hope their sewing fingers are ready!

19 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Not to be a Debbie downer here but the instructions tell you to velcro the inner chest to the back/yoke. That means there will be a seam at the shoulders, and I've seen no seams on the screen armor except for Phasma. Hurdle #1 ;)

• Like 1

Not to be a Debbie downer here but the instructions tell you to velcro the inner chest to the back/yoke. That means there will be a seam at the shoulders, and I've seen no seams on the screen armor except for Phasma. Hurdle #1 

Awe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, I have plans for how to tackle that. I've been drafting several versions of relevant posts depending on what I finally hold in my hands. Once I do it and have pics I don't want to delay sharing because it's taking me a while to describe my process.

Meantime, I'll be looking for anyone's tutorials on how to TFA-ify the cod. Other parts I'm not sure about how I'll tackle -- I'm not happy with the ugly-but-film-accurate overlapping biceps and legs. Since I'm doing Cardinal and he's not aprovable (and may never be), I might make them seamless or engineer functional latches...

1 minute ago, Peregrinus said:

As I said, I have plans for how to tackle that. I've been drafting several versions of relevant posts depending on what I finally hold in my hands. Once I do it and have pics I don't want to delay sharing because it's taking me a while to describe my process.

Meantime, I'll be looking for anyone's tutorials on how to TFA-ify the cod. Other parts I'm not sure about how I'll tackle -- I'm not happy with the ugly-but-film-accurate overlapping biceps and legs. Since I'm doing Cardinal and he's not aprovable (and may never be), I might make them seamless or engineer functional latches...

Copy. though I was referring to the instructions not your build. Other builders need to understand this is incorrect as I suspect other assembly areas will not be correct.

TFA - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread/

Specifically the cod , though not entirely screen accurate because of how the armor was designed - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-443442

Hope this helps

• Like 1

So the boxes are resin rather than ABS? are those joins also seamless?  Also not sure I would trust,say, an E600(0) glue to hold the resin which must be heavier than an ABS counterpart. Are they glossy white resin? so many questions! I want my BBB! -kicks dirt-

And my questions were answered by getting past page 2. oops.

Edited by Tickle421
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tickle421 said:

So the boxes are resin rather than ABS? are those joins also seamless?  Also not sure I would trust,say, an E600(0) glue to hold the resin which must be heavier than an ABS counterpart. Are they glossy white resin? so many questions! I want my BBB! -kicks dirt-

You secure them with screws and they need to be painted as per instructions:duim:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tickle421 said:

Those instructions seem pretty good as far as instructions go. Beyond that, the gaskets on the model at the end look better to me than the ones that were shown in the newsletter teasing imminent release. 

Yeah keeping fingers and toes crossed for latex so Centurion is a go:)

You secure them with screws and they need to be painted as per instructions:duim:

Be sure to use large washers! The screen used resin boxes kept popping off during filming and the washers got larger and larger.

Those resin boxes were heavy too. Anovos’ design mimics the screen used boxes and has them hollow at the back to help compensate for weight.

And great to see Anovos finally advisory the correct resin backs for the centre belt boxes. They changed the design a little but principal is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tickle421 said:

Those instructions seem pretty good as far as instructions go. Beyond that, the gaskets on the model at the end look better to me than the ones that were shown in the newsletter teasing imminent release. 

Sadly to pass basic quite a few the assembly instruction areas will need to be ditched for something more accurate. Hurtle #2 the Ab and Kidney seam. The entry seams are not on the side as per the instructions, it's one seam and it's in the back under the TD.  

Abdomen Section
·         The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2